Is the Microsoft Live.com "cashback promotion" over?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I'm gonna trust you guys and try this.. but if it doesn't work there will be hell to pay. :)

I just tried it. I got the Iron Man DVD Gift Set and with the $50 gift card and the $15.89 cash back I will actually make $3 on the deal... cool.

Anyone else have their pending cashback take longer than a few days to show up?

I'm having trouble getting the promotion. I've been trying to get a Hot Toys Batman on eBay through Live.com, but despite Live.com's initial search result showing "Live Search cashback" followed by "You may get 30% off with PayPal if eligible", clicking on the link and selecting any Hot Toys Batman doesn't offer the promotion. Instead of "Microsoft cashback 30%" what shows up is a "You have coupons available" link for 10% off, which eBay already offers.

I ordinarily use Firefox but have also tried IE, just in case, with no luck.

Could a pop-up blocker prevent the 30% off link from showing or is the promotion over for now? Something else?

Help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm having trouble getting the promotion. I've been trying to get a Hot Toys Batman on eBay through Live.com, but despite Live.com's initial search result showing "Live Search cashback" followed by "You may get 30% off with PayPal if eligible", clicking on the link and selecting any Hot Toys Batman doesn't offer the promotion. Instead of "Microsoft cashback 30%" what shows up is a "You have coupons available" link for 10% off, which eBay already offers.

I ordinarily use Firefox but have also tried IE, just in case, with no luck.

Could a pop-up blocker prevent the 30% off link from showing or is the promotion over for now? Something else?

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Its still showing up on my screen.

Snagged a Hot Toys Joker (Version 1) for just under $133! I was wanting a Dark Knight version Batman instead (none at a good price were eligible), but I'm still pretty happy with my purchase! Thanks guys!

Now if I just didn't have to go to someone else's apartment to get the cashback promotion working. I still can't get the darn thing working at home.

Thanks again for the heads up, guys!

Dropped to 25% off. And I was just about to make a big purchase. Oh well, maybe 35% off will show up sometime soon.:D

Dropped to 25% off. And I was just about to make a big purchase. Oh well, maybe 35% off will show up sometime soon.:D

Yeah, there really is no telling this time around. But in the same light, be careful not to hold out too long. It may drop more. I'd still buy pieces at this rate but any lower and I'd be a little reluctant.

I just checked a bit ago searching for ps3 and it came up with 25%. I would be very surprised especially with xmas right around the corner that this is going to go away....

Nah its just one of the searches I use to have the cashback link come up. The wife would beat me senseless if I got something like that for myself right before xmas.. :lol

Thanks for help. I tried wii and xbox360. Forgot about the PS3.

Does anyone know what would happen if you buy something and get the live discount...however before the 60 days is up, you receive a partial refund for the item you purchased through paypal....will this void your cashback savings on the original purchase price?

Hey! I just discovered that the cashback offer wasn't showing up on eBay through my computer because I had Norton Internet Security enabled. Don't know why I didn't think about it earlier. I disabled it for a few minutes and ta-da! The cashback promotion appeared on eBay!

Now if I just had the money to buy stuff. :rotfl

It is currently at 8%. For the veterans that have used the "live" discount in the past, does the % usually fluctuate often? Meaning tomorrow or in a few days could the discount go higher?

There is something I need to buy on eBay, it is a BIN auction but I need to buy it soon as the quantity is low and the item is also on sale via the seller. I want to use the live discount with it, but I might wait a day or two if there is a possibility of the live discount going up in %.

It was just at 14% last weekend, but now has dropped back down to 8%. I'm waiting on it to go up again as well, but there's no way of knowing if/when it will.

Back