Is something wrong with my Thor?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel for you boss, mine came from Corner Store Comics with something rattling inside the base and my Thor has now been laying in his box as CSC works with SS in sending me a new base.
From what I've gathered, that's true of most of these pieces. Mine has the rattle, as does the base of at least 4 other fellow Freaks that mentioned it on another thread. It isn't a defect, just a result of the excess polystone being forced inside the hollow base when the foot peg hole was punched during production. Examine the base, are there any defects apparent other than the rattle? Sure it's annoying, but it doesn't affect the functionality of it, though I do wish that both feet had pegs in them to make the fit more secure.

From what I've gathered, that's true of most of these pieces. Mine has the rattle, as does the base of at least 4 other fellow Freaks that mentioned it on another thread. It isn't a defect, just a result of the excess polystone being forced inside the hollow base when the foot peg hole was punched during production. Examine the base, are there any defects apparent other than the rattle? Sure it's annoying, but it doesn't affect the functionality of it, though I do wish that both feet had pegs in them to make the fit more secure.

Hmmm....I've heard that and while I would have to agree with you that this is probably the case, when I mentioned it to SS themselves they didn't bring up this reason. True, there is no other defect on the base. Still though, what I payed, I don't want a rattling base. My son is a month old and my home is 60 years old, I have enough rattles in the house.

Now, unsuccessfully i've been trying to get someone in the forum to describe to me what the socket hole looks like to alleviate my fears that maybe a connector came loose which holds his peg even tighter because he's sure very loose on that base!

I'm new to this and just want to make sure that he's safe up on that base the way it is.

The socket hole I have is the same color as the base and it's molded to the same shape as his heel.

Is that correct or are there additional pieces inside that socket that I had feared fell into the base? You see what i'm getting at.

Will you be the one to finally help me on this forum?

P.S. Why they went with ONE PEG on their tallest PF and tallest Base is a mystery, I agree!

Thank you

Last edited:
Hmmm....I've heard that and while I would have to agree with you that this is probably the case, when I mentioned it to SS themselves they didn't bring up this reason. True, there is no other defect on the base. Still though, what I payed, I don't want a rattling base. My son is a month old and my home is 60 years old, I have enough rattles in the house.

Now, unsuccessfully i've been trying to get someone in the forum to describe to me what the socket hole looks like to alleviate my fears that maybe a connector came loose which holds his peg even tighter because he's sure very loose on that base!

I'm new to this and just want to make sure that he's safe up on that base the way it is.

The socket hole I have is the same color as the base and it's molded to the same shape as his heel.

Is that correct or are there additional pieces inside that socket that I had feared fell into the base? You see what i'm getting at.

Will you be the one to finally help me on this forum?

P.S. Why they went with ONE PEG on their tallest PF and tallest Base is a mystery, I agree!

Thank you

i have the exact same thing as you i a have the rattle , and he does not sit quite right on the base ,
but i think you worry to much, the base does not rattle when your thor is on it, so whats the problem,
not unless you are going to keep picking up the base and give a little shake every now and then.

Last edited:
Yeah, I have a few bases that rattle. I figure, "who cares?" The stability I'm more concerned about.

I feel for you boss, mine came from Corner Store Comics with something rattling inside the base and my Thor has now been laying in his box as CSC works with SS in sending me a new base.

He also doesn't stand in the base very secure, 10 x worse than my Cap because even though Cap was always a tiny bit wobbly, he's not standing on a freaking mountain top!

It sucks having him but not being able to display him.

Oh well, at least his silver frisbee ufo earth vs the flying saucer chest armor plates are good to go....whew....

Good luck with your process, having patience sure isn't easy nor is it something we're born with.

Ain't that the truth.

i have the exact same thing as you i a have the rattle , and he does not sit quite right on the base ,
but i think you worry to much, the base does not rattle when your thor is on it, so whats the problem,
not unless you are going to keep picking up the base and give a little shake every now and then.

I can't thank all of you enough for the feedback, believe me that it's appreciated, I'm well aware that i'm speaking with big time collectors who know their ^^^^.

Ok, let me go and display him because I can't take having him laying in that box any longer!

Last edited:
Don't worry mine came with the rattle too. Thought it was just mine till i read this thread...whew!! Im not alone. Doubt I'll send it back. Wierdnow that I just checked the base its not rattling anymore, but im not gonna shake the **** out of it :lol.
Yeah that chest plate looks pretty funny. But isnt that how you can tell their real, one is bigger than the other :D. Good luck bro...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

picture.php

picture.php

:rotfl:rotfl Sorry, but that looks so funny looking.

It actually adds to the illusion of him stretching....Even though the disk is the incorrect size, it actually almost looks as if it should really be that size with his pose.

Kinda funny, it's wrong but almost right (as in accurate).....

It does actually work. In the exaggerated pose it does add the effect that he's stretching out, one side of his chest is supposed to be closer to the viewer than the other.

Well, it's been 2 months and Thor is comming home with his new boob job. Just received a tracking number from Aimee at Sideshow. :chew Everybody who has been involved getting this thing replaced for me has been very helpful, especially Mr Green the seller from eBay. Now I just hope it gets here in one piece.

I was also lucky enough to get Santa to buy me a Captain America EX PF today. Both should be here next week. I'll be sure to take pics now that I know how.:lol

Back