Is nobody making custom figures anymore ??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everyone, I just got ajps Yakface figure and I must tell you that it?s nothing short of spectacular. Just a perfect piece. Don?t sleep on it. Buy one!

Actually, no. :lol Please sleep on it. I'm committed to making three more, and they take way too much of my time. :lol I don't want to do any more of those, and I'm desperate to get started on an Ishi Tib.

But thank you so much, SoD! Love that you're happy with it. :duff

Yes it truly is a masterpiece!! The detail is amazing and he is my most favorite in my collection!!!

Everyone, I just got ajps Yakface figure and I must tell you that it?s nothing short of spectacular. Just a perfect piece. Don?t sleep on it. Buy one!

Yak-Face had a happy hour with the boss and got a little too drunk! He's gonna Yak!

Seriously though, I just got ajp4mgs' Yak-Face and he's incredible!! Such great sculpting, painting, hair, and especially the amazing tailoring!! Thanks dude!
And I'm repainting the v1 Jabba for someone so thought I'd show him off too! 0-3.jpeg

Thank you so much, Chakaman. I really appreciate that. :duff

Now that I've finally been able to work on something other than Yak-Face, here's what I'm sculpting right now. There's some basic forming and shaping that I still have left to do on this Ishi Tib before I can get to the detailing and texturing, but I'm happy with the progress already. This one is tricky because of the different depths, but that makes it more fun.

Sorry about the photo quality, but the only way I could get rid of lens distortion was to stand back quite a bit and use a max zoom with my phone. I'll try to get better quality pics when I'm finished with the sculpt.

TibWIP01.jpg

This is looking fantastic! Such great work, thanks for sharing dude!

Ajp's Yak arraived and what a blast it was to get out. He was inside the shipping box in a seated position as if he'd just gotten off a flight, holding a tiny box with some Ree Yees hands like a carry-on bag.:rotfl

But this figure really feels and looks exactly like a Sideshow Yakface figure - very much a professional manufacturer grade product in every way. Outfit is so well done - fabric choice perfect for posability. A couple of times my mind was half thinking I needed to get the SSC Yakface box in with the other boxes (the routine every time a new fig shows up.):lol

The thing that blew me away most was that ajp made multiples of this figure, not just one. I could never do that.

The way the fur and hair is done is really something - I've been studying it to help do the customized/modded old SSC Salacious Crumb (which ended with fur glued all over my fingers and me ready to through the little guy across the room.)

My Ree Yees and this figure just hit it off instantly so I knew I'd have to do a Salacious for Yak to hold for his argument with Ree. The Salacious was more work than I thought it'd be - even just his colors are extremely difficult to nail and I had to reshape the head/ears, hands and feet quite a bit. I haven't finished the neck fur as yet, but he goes really well with Yak.

OVbytLl.jpg

g1Hw1X4.jpg

Looks fantastic everyone!
I?ve been longing for rebel pilots for a long time, but have concluded that they won?t get made. So I?ve decided to do my own.
My A-Wing pilot (my favorite pilot) is close. I?ll be adding more details along the way (like the chest box), but he can be displayed now without falling through.
I?ll be doing a B- and Y-Wing next - whenever I get the time.
92b5c68b60730cfee2fb230b3b52e922.jpg
dabd704c95c5b8e1188e5d3aeefb0188.jpg

Back