Is nobody making custom figures anymore ??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I was directing that at you�� I would so appreciate you making me one!!

Thanks for posting the photos! :duff

I like the idea of having the torso fur attached to the shirt. That's one of the things I've been debating in terms of what approach to use, but it does seem to be the most practical way to go.

Looks like you're well on your way to a finished figure. I'm hoping to get to that point very soon myself. Thanks again!!

I'm not sure if you're directing that at me or not. If you are, all I can tell you is that if I have an easy enough time with the outfit, I would definitely be willing to make one for you. In one of your earlier posts, you had made the same comment about fingers crossed, so I can tell that Yak-Face is a figure you really want. When I'm done making my figure (which I'm hoping will be very soon), I'll post pics of it here (with some movie comparison shots). If you like what you see, and you'd want one, let me know at that time. If the outfit isn't too much hassle for me, I have no doubt that we'll be able to work something out.

But if you were directing your comment about the kit in the photos above, then ignore everything I just said. And I have no clue. :lol

That's an awesome sculpt (both head and hands/forearms).:clap Looks a bit more accurate than the Gentle Giant sculpt that is the basis for the recast. The nostrils look slightly more shallow in the mask, but it might just be the lighting. Other than that, it looks so spot on. Love the huge hoof hands - Gentle Giant made them more like big fingernails/claws than hooves.

Thank you very much, TaliBane. :duff I got the same impression about the nostrils, so for my next round of photos, I'll also add a hand-held light to help better mimic the lighting in the reference pics. Hopefully, it was just a case of the shadow casting too deeply.

As far as the Gentle Giant bust, my sense of that is that they were intentionally going for a slightly stylized version of Yak-Face, rather than aiming for true accuracy. And I can understand why since being movie accurate ends up with what looks like disproportionate features. The head is much bigger (relative to the body) than what Gentle Giant did. They also added hair, moles, and wrinkles where there shouldn't have been any. I think it was in an effort to make Yak-Face look "cooler," if you will; and at that, I think they did a great job.

Yes I was directing that at you�� I would so appreciate you making me one!!

I've already made good progress on the costume, and things have been going much smoother than I had expected. So, making a complete figure for you is a definite possibility now. Photos of my finished figure will be coming soon (maybe tomorrow), so please wait until you've actually seen what it will look like before deciding that you want one. If you dig the outfit, and how the whole thing looks, then just let me know at that point.

I can?t wait to see updated photos! You?re knocking it out of the park! Great job 🤗

So I've been looking and collecting bits and pieces i think would help with Benthic's outfit even prior to the knowledge of this sculpt being a possibility. The Darkness Predator's recipe helped a lot, but unfortunately some of those things were hard to find or sold out. Scouring the usual parts sites repeatedly for the past few months i think I've found what works... and ended up purchasing many things that didn't - - - > parts bin ;)

I crafted the tunic, frankenstein'ed the belt, and the hands are still a work in progress. Not to mention everything still needs paint. The duster jacket still needs paint apps and weathering; it's just futzed to look like the proper cut and to appear less baggy. Re-tailoring that will be interesting. *fingers-crossed*
Still piecing together his backpack...

Thanks again, Mati and Steve :duff

Benthic1.jpg

Benthic2.jpg

Benthic3.jpg

Benthic4.jpg

Benthic5.jpg

Benthic6.jpg

:gah:

Pics aren't showing for me. Clicking link takes me to "Invalid Attachment specified."...

OH WAIT! Something's happening.... they are downloading now.... must not have been uploaded yet....

OMG its glorious...

Holy Hell in a hand bag....

That's INSANE!!! For a bash, its looking amazing. Truly.

I think I also saved that list of parts from Darkness Predator, I'll have to see. You're doing a phenomenal job. Can't wait to see more. BRAVO!!

:duff

HOLYYYYY *****!!!!!!!!!!
That Benthic is freaking NUTS!!!!! Excellent work, I can?t wait to see how he turns out!! 😳😳

Holy Hell in a hand bag....

That's INSANE!!! For a bash, its looking amazing. Truly.

I think I also saved that list of parts from Darkness Predator, I'll have to see. You're doing a phenomenal job. Can't wait to see more. BRAVO!!

:duff

Thank you Wor!
Yeah the only thing I found/used from the list was the belt and scarf. The knights gloves ended up being a bit oversized.

HOLYYYYY *****!!!!!!!!!!
That Benthic is freaking NUTS!!!!! Excellent work, I can?t wait to see how he turns out!! 😳😳

Much appreciated! :duff

Paul, did you paint the right glove to look like that or is that one of those SDU type gloves from somewhere? I like your way better than the knight's gloves.

Also, did you actually make that ribbed tunic!? It looks great!

Paul, did you paint the right glove to look like that or is that one of those SDU type gloves from somewhere? I like your way better than the knight's gloves.

Also, did you actually make that ribbed tunic!? It looks great!

I sanded and re-sculpted HT Stormtrooper hands, extending the armor with styrene and adding bits for the fingers. The only thing that?s not like the costume-gloves are the finger tips and thumb areas; they?re more like ?thimbles? that go over the whole thumb/fingertip. I may go back and revisit the hands later... just wanted to get the overall look down and go to the next step.

Thanks and Yes, i copied the pattern from reference shots; glued ribbing down on the closest resembling fabric I could find.That took some time!
It?s a faux-tunic. Since the only visible area is what?s seen in the front, I only made that area and it just wraps to the sides and over the shoulders and neck... the duster coat will be hiding the rest 🤫

D.R.37... that is AWESOME!

Thanks! :duff

That is fantastic. Beautiful work. That long search for parts seems to have paid off.

Thanks Stryker. I ended up buying quite a few things that didn?t work along the way. Possible parts for future customs perhaps :)

Still on the hunt for 1/6 Chelsea boots. I don?t wanna pillage my Shoretrooper but maybe just for a pic or two.

I sanded and re-sculpted HT Stormtrooper hands, extending the armor with styrene and adding bits for the fingers.

Yes, i copied the pattern from reference shots; glued ribbing down on the closest resembling fabric I could find.That took some time!

Brilliant work! I love the attention to detail and dedication.

:bow

Really outstanding work these last couple of pages from D.R.37 and melanarus. WOW!!

D.R.37: that Benthic tunic is fantastic! If your avatar hadn't given it away, your custom build of the guy is more than enough proof of how much of a fan you are. Excellent job all around. :clap I hope we get to see your continued progress.

melanarus: I'm totally blown away! That's just pure art; damn!! Bringing Clone Wars stuff to life like that is really cool to see. And in terms of your execution and artistry, there are no words that would be a fair enough compliment, so . . . :bow

Paul, wonderful job on Benthic so far. That custom jacket looks great!

Melanarus, Sgt Hound looks incredible. Good stuff.

Back