Is nobody making custom figures anymore ??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aman update! Working on the staff now, color is irrelevant since it will be cast in resin and have to be painted. Working on the skulls too!
View attachment 463802

Yeah, wow - just stunning good.:clap

Aren't two of the three skulls just regular 1/6 human skulls? I seem to recall it's just the one bigger "Mars Attacks" skull but maybe not - and also I think they are mummified, not just bare skulls, and if that's the case then just casting a stock 1/6 skull may not work.

Some early progress shots of my Saelt-Marae sculpt. The eyes need a major overhaul before I start getting into fine detailing, but I'm pleased enough with how it's starting out. This one's a fun one so far.

YakWIP01.jpg

Thanks for the support guys; it's greatly appreciated! You all are very kind.

I set aside a good chunk of time today to try to shape some areas of this Yak-Face sculpt to be more how I want it, and then I took some photos to compare with reference images. Turns out that I still need to narrow the eyes even more (vertically), and narrow the nose (horizontally). Overall, though, I'm happy with the general shape and proportions.

I put together some of my comparisons below. Thanks again to those who replied. :duff

YakWIP02.jpg

WOWWWWWWW!!!!!!! DUDE.
ajp4mgs, that sculpt is phenomenal!! The comparison pics you posted are so freaking good! I'm really digging the moles and the wrinkles!
It looks like you're using Super Sculpy- are you hardening it as you go or curing it all when you're done with the sculpt?

Thanks again, everyone! I'm hoping to be able to finish the sculpt fairly soon; need to adjust quite a few things to be more accurate. Then on to the part I always dread the most: molding & casting. I'll update as I go.

It looks like you're using Super Sculpy- are you hardening it as you go or curing it all when you're done with the sculpt?

I'm planning to bake/cure it only once, when I'm completely finished. Some things (the ears in particular) I'm leaving to be refined with sanding after it comes out of the oven, though. I hate trying to smooth out certain areas before curing because they're tougher to reach without potentially screwing up other stuff. And sanding works better for me in certain cases anyway.

Back