Is nobody making custom figures anymore ??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems like the last few days of posts were deleted, what the heck??

New project landed today. Freed from their 3D support prisons.

BA9C728A-5BD1-4093-9A5F-1BE1650F9D00.jpg

Spot-on details on these AceRimmer prints.
Thanks again, Mati :duff

That?s amazing! I can?t wait to see it painted up! Post update pics ASAP! Lol I love the details on the rifle.

The board migration has made this section virtually inaccessible for me, but since I've actually managed to stay logged in long enough to view this thread, I'm going to try to post a couple of pics to show where I'm at with Yak-Face.

There are still things that need tweaking, but at this point I want to get started on the costume before doing any more refining.

YakWIP03.jpg

YakWIP04.jpg

This will be awesome!!

That?s amazing! I can?t wait to see it painted up! Post update pics ASAP! Lol I love the details on the rifle.

Paul, looking forward to seeing you tackle Two Tubes. He is on my list as well.

I?ll be taking progress shots along the way. Trying to work out some tailoring-kinks; since this is my first attempt at sewing. I might practice taking-in some other figures baggier uniforms/outfits first, before making an utter mess of this one 😏

The board migration has made this section virtually inaccessible for me, but since I've actually managed to stay logged in long enough to view this thread, I'm going to try to post a couple of pics to show where I'm at with Yak-Face.

There are still things that need tweaking, but at this point I want to get started on the costume before doing any more refining.

View attachment 464688

View attachment 464689

Awesome work! Looks great :clap

Just read about the "Remember Me" checkbox when logging in since the Migration... hopefully this post sticks... every time I tried to post or PM since Migration my shot at communication failed... anyway...

AJP - AWESOME job so far with Yak-Face. I actually just started putting my Enaud-sculped Yak-Face together. Stealing your pictures for reference!

D.R.37 - digging the Two Tubes. Looking forward to what you put together for the complete figure!

-
Dennis

Thanks for the kind words, folks. Always greatly appreciated!! :duff

That is fantastic. What height is it from the bottom of the neck to the top of the head? He's massive.

The sculpted part is a little more than 4 inches from bottom of neck to top of head.

I studied reference pics of every image I could find that had Yak-Face standing near other characters and determined how tall it needs to be to get the total height right. As far as I can tell, Yak-Face should stand somewhere near the 6'10" range. When I get boots on the figure, that'll be exactly how tall he'll be in 1/6 scale. When I'm finished with all of the "Friends of Jabba the Hutt," I'll post pics to compare to that puzzle that I referenced a few pages back. I'm counting on their heights being pretty much spot-on (including a height-adjusted SSC Bib Fortuna to stand around 6'5"). :)

AJP - AWESOME job so far with Yak-Face. I actually just started putting my Enaud-sculped Yak-Face together. Stealing your pictures for reference!

The costume is trickier than I had anticipated. His chest is all fur; his blue sleeves connect in a weird 1/4 shirt thing; more fur comes out of the bottom of the pants; and a cloak/robe that doesn't seem to have any seams at all. :slap

If you get a chance, please take pics of your figure. I'd love to see what you come up with to outfit your Yak-Face.

AJP - here are a couple pics of my Yak-Face mock up. On the left of the first picture are the costume parts from the kit I got from Enaud. The kit also came with his staff. On the right are a couple of fake fur samples I picked up.

The second picture is a quick slapping together of the costume parts on the the body I picked out. Obviously it needs a good deal of refinement, but it gets me off to a really good start. I picked up the extra fur samples for the hair coming out of the bottom of the pants, and for a different look for the "collar ring."

Yak-Face Kit 2.jpg

Yak-Face Kit 1.jpg

AJP - here are a couple pics of my Yak-Face mock up. On the left of the first picture are the costume parts from the kit I got from Enaud. The kit also came with his staff. On the right are a couple of fake fur samples I picked up.

The second picture is a quick slapping together of the costume parts on the the body I picked out. Obviously it needs a good deal of refinement, but it gets me off to a really good start. I picked up the extra fur samples for the hair coming out of the bottom of the pants, and for a different look for the "collar ring."

View attachment 464774

View attachment 464775

Thanks for posting the photos! :duff

I like the idea of having the torso fur attached to the shirt. That's one of the things I've been debating in terms of what approach to use, but it does seem to be the most practical way to go.

Looks like you're well on your way to a finished figure. I'm hoping to get to that point very soon myself. Thanks again!!

Fingers crossed you will make more for sale:pray:

I'm not sure if you're directing that at me or not. If you are, all I can tell you is that if I have an easy enough time with the outfit, I would definitely be willing to make one for you. In one of your earlier posts, you had made the same comment about fingers crossed, so I can tell that Yak-Face is a figure you really want. When I'm done making my figure (which I'm hoping will be very soon), I'll post pics of it here (with some movie comparison shots). If you like what you see, and you'd want one, let me know at that time. If the outfit isn't too much hassle for me, I have no doubt that we'll be able to work something out.

But if you were directing your comment about the kit in the photos above, then ignore everything I just said. And I have no clue. :lol

View attachment 464688

View attachment 464689

That's an awesome sculpt (both head and hands/forearms).:clap Looks a bit more accurate than the Gentle Giant sculpt that is the basis for the recast. The nostrils look slightly more shallow in the mask, but it might just be the lighting. Other than that, it looks so spot on. Love the huge hoof hands - Gentle Giant made them more like big fingernails/claws than hooves.

Back