Is nobody making custom figures anymore ??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's awesome progress! I want to see how you're planning on doing the chest armor and headpiece. I purposely (and lazily) sculpted my Nikto without much detail on the back of the head since I knew I was making Lathe with headgear that would cover it anyway.

I made some more progress on my Amanaman, mainly adding more wrinkles. There are no screen shots or prop reference pics I could find of his back, except for the Hasbro/Kenner figures. Still have to smooth some of the wrinkles out especially on his back but I think it's looking better!

0-5.jpeg0-6.jpeg

Great looking sculpt. ajp4mgs have you tried to cast using a pressure cooker? I use one for all mastings, and it works great.

I second this! I got a pressure pot attached to an air compressor and it does wonders for castings! Though, sometimes I do use Magicsculpt to fill in gaps with random pieces too!

Love seeing the progress on the Amanaman sculpt, Cagoda. You have more patience and energy than I do, that's for sure! :clap A 1/6 Amanaman is a true beast of a sculpting project, in more ways than one. Can't wait to see the next update!

I want to see how you're planning on doing the chest armor and headpiece.

Well, I finished the headpiece last night. I decided to sculpt the top part, and glue a fabric piece in there to drape down from it. I'd still like to try making a full fabric version, but I'm thinking that it's just going to look too clunky. Maybe by using really thin fabric, or something similar to gauze, it could work well enough. We'll see.

I also finished making wrist gauntlets and shoulder pads. More importantly, I brought in the shoulder area of the brown tabard because that part was way too wide, and made the head look too narrow. I'm starting to warm up to how the figure is looking now. I still have to make the chest armor, the gaiters over the boots, and pouches for the belt. But here's a pic of where the figure is at right now (the Luke is in there to show scale - though I really don't know how much taller the Vizam would be than Hamill).

NiktoWIP02.jpg

ajp4mgs, You're killing it so far! Your progress updates are fun to see. I managed to finally get around to painting my Tessek head I sculpted. Now just have to work it so it fits on a body. 0-5.jpeg

That's awesome progress! I want to see how you're planning on doing the chest armor and headpiece. I purposely (and lazily) sculpted my Nikto without much detail on the back of the head since I knew I was making Lathe with headgear that would cover it anyway.

I made some more progress on my Amanaman, mainly adding more wrinkles. There are no screen shots or prop reference pics I could find of his back, except for the Hasbro/Kenner figures. Still have to smooth some of the wrinkles out especially on his back but I think it's looking better!

View attachment 452153View attachment 452154

That looks incredible so far. Let's get this thing complete.:lecture:lol

Son of Dengar, I couldn't add a pic to PM (don't know how to do that without file hosting) so I'm posting it here.

Here's the scale! In looking at the reference pictures I could find it seems like the Tessek prop head is pretty big in comparison to a normal head so I tried to capture it. The Nikto with the crappy painted eyes is just a test paint, I think the colors on the left Nikto are more accurate to the Lathe that I'm using as reference. Also all the colors are a tad darker than what's in person, just due to the lighting.0-6.jpeg

Amazing customs in this thread !

I am looking forward to see that Amanaman finished! That character was among my to do list projects. I love when people atempt to make characters not made before.

Thanks guys! I’ve been making some progress on my Nikto; but I’m going to do some more sculpting on Amanaman and I’ll post pics when I have a tangible update!

I added some minor wrinkles and skin texture to Amanaman. It might be hard to tell but I think the extra details really makes it pop in person, especially the back of his head because it was bare without it. Now I gotta work on the legs, tail, and arms.0-7.jpeg

I posted this is another thread but saw we were putting customs in here too and just wanted to share my Talz, Muftak custom figure. My buddy bought one and made the Jedi Talz (which I totally forgot about. Lol)

9467524F-13AB-421A-B65D-710936FA9826.jpg

I made a few kits if anyone is interested!

82B2AD54-CA8D-4D85-99CC-C12AA14D31C9.jpg

Thanks guys! I appreciate everyone’s support, it means a lot.

Son of Dengar, do you have pics of the Jedi Talz your friend made? Haha I want to see! Lol that’d be awesome

Back