Is nobody making custom figures anymore ??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I added some minor wrinkles and skin texture to Amanaman. It might be hard to tell but I think the extra details really makes it pop in person, especially the back of his head because it was bare without it. Now I gotta work on the legs, tail, and arms.View attachment 453086

That sculpt is coming together beautifully. It really looks amazing. Can you put a 1/6 fig beside him to judge scale?

Also, I have quite a few Amananman ref pics if you need me to post them. A few are rarer, lesser-known pics that show detail.

I posted this is another thread but saw we were putting customs in here too and just wanted to share my Talz, Muftak custom figure. My buddy bought one and made the Jedi Talz (which I totally forgot about. Lol)

View attachment 453137

That looks incredible.:clap I'm not really as much of a Cantina guys guy (other than the main Kenner characters) but that is a real thing of beauty.

Did you make that fur suit or is that an off-the-shelf item?

Talibane thank you so much! I’ll get a pic of him next to another fig to judge scale as soon as I can. I’d love for you to post the Amanaman pics you have, additional reference pics would be great.

Hastyle, no Amanaman statue lol. If I can (and I might need help) I’m going to at least try to make the shoulders, elbows, and wrists articulated.

Talibane thank you so much! I’ll get a pic of him next to another fig to judge scale as soon as I can. I’d love for you to post the Amanaman pics you have, additional reference pics would be great.

Hastyle, no Amanaman statue lol. If I can (and I might need help) I’m going to at least try to make the shoulders, elbows, and wrists articulated.

Unless you’re looking for full shoulder articulation, I would think you’d be able to get away with simple Hasbro-style shoulders (straight up and down).

Well if I’m tackling the articulation aspect I might as well try to go all in. Obviously I can use the Hasbro style as a last resort but I’d prefer to go full range of motion.

0-8.jpeg

Cheers Talibane! Yeah man, I learned how to sew and made the suit! Baggy enough to make him look chubby, but lanky enough so it hangs right.

Cagoda, I'm trying to send you a message about the articulation for Amanaman but you ran msg outta room, Hit me up when you can so I can send you some specs! We can go full motion on that bad boy. I know it. And lookimng at him next to the other guys? He is looking beautiful dude. Just beautiful!

Also, ajp4mgs! That Nikto costume is fantastic!! How'd you do those pants?

Thanks man! I really appreciate that. I cleared some space so my messages should be good. Didn’t even know it was full 😂

To me Amanaman doesn't need a lot of articulation. The way Hasbro did it 15 years ago or so (a fig that's still excellent) was fine - it's enough to tweak the way the arms are laying on the ground and how he's holding the skeleton. I actually think just shoulders would be the way to go - not even wrists or any leg articulation. Wrists would be good only to get the position of the hands in relation to the ground and skeleton just right, but its not essential.

One of the things that ruined Sideshow Bossk for me was the joints at the wrists and ankles that were unable to be hidden.

Here are a few those Amana ref pics (blurry B/W pic is to show height next to other characters - he's right behind gammy):

AcZHg2Q.jpg

BNylx7k.jpg

8FEBpbh.jpg

yFykRdC.png

L6BXnYY.jpg

ffjUzqF.jpg

Amanaman is looking damn good. Would be interested if you decide to ever cast this bad boy.

Yes! I’ll be making casts of him when I finish him. He’s a lot of work but I think it’ll be worth it in the end.

Talibane thank you so much for those pics! That’s a good point about the elbows- I may skip articulation in those and just do ball/swivel in the shoulders and maybe standard HT wrist for the wrists...possibly. I’m trying to explore all avenues.

Yes! I’ll be making casts of him when I finish him. He’s a lot of work but I think it’ll be worth it in the end.

Talibane thank you so much for those pics! That’s a good point about the elbows- I may skip articulation in those and just do ball/swivel in the shoulders and maybe standard HT wrist for the wrists...possibly. I’m trying to explore all avenues.

The reality is, 99% of people are going to display him with right hand on the pole and left hand on the floor (with or without skeleton) so there's an argument for no articulation at all. I mean what would it really be used for? Sideshow did a Tauntaun, a creature that moves way more than Amanaman onscreen, and most seem happy with that, same with Dewback.

My feeling is that the arms (and staff) are so thin/fragile already and it will be so tricky to make them support each other correctly as-is without the added complexity of the arms moving.

I'd be fine with this figure as a statue because that's kind of the way he is in the movie - he has one classic pose and anything more feels like it might be a bridge too far. If this was a 1/6 scale plastic-injection-molded version of the 2001 Hasbro figure, then by all means articulation is great, but with it being hand-sculpted/produced and being made of resin, I think keep it simple.

You do make good points. I can sculpt the arms with the pose you suggested, then if someone wants to add articulation they could do it themselves perhaps. It would be a lot easier on my end haha. Although I think for my personal one I'd probably at least try to tackle the articulation.

Awesome! :yess:

I also agree with Talibane about the articulation. The arms could be brittle where the joints are added along with the thin arms and posing, being resin and all. Plus the for mentioned stability of the figure/statue would be more solid with him propping himself up with the staff and left arm. I’m wondering about how large a footprint the completed piece will take. Either way I’m looking forward to this guy :)

Nice ref shots too, Talibane!

I think that no articulation would be the way to go with this. No one would really use it and it would force you to make a bunch of compromises and make the build much harder.

You know I want one also. :) Statue only would be ok with me. I would probably embed magnets in the feet for stability.

It has been on Ace's priority list, but he is so incredibly busy. I just sent him a note that if this Amanaman is available, we can remove it from his list.

Although you guys may have already seen these pics, here are some that I sent to Ace for reference. (great pics above also.. thanks)

You might not need the pics, but I thought I would share just in case.

SWPOTFAmanaman_A180204Small.jpg

wax-amanaman-front.jpg

42e84b98765b0db0e34d1aab52a690d1.jpg

Amanaman_compare.jpg

Amanichron.jpg

amanaman-hc-2.jpg

Amanaman drawing height reference.jpg

Awesome thanks for the reference pics!
Yeah I plan on making casts of this bad boy so everyone who wants it can have one. I did more progress in the legs so when I’m able to snap a pic and upload it I’ll update you guys!

Back