Is it just me?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

collectamania

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Is it just me or are things less as exciting than a couple years back? Maybe it's because I was so excited for Smooth Criminal that never got released, its emotionally scarred me:D:D but seriously, i dont remember the last license that excited me... im hoping with the release of the hobbit, some nice 1/6th figures will be released so i can get that spark back...

Its you:pfft: there are so many good licenses out now that I'm into, like the return of terminator, metal gear, avengers, batman, ninja turtles its a really good time to be a collector IMO.

batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman batman

Yeah theres also spiderman, the up coming robocop, predator 2, rambo, theres actually to many to name or afford:D

The problem for you is your into lame licenses!!!

Just kidding...... but not really:nana:

To each his own. I wouldn't have paid $20 for a Michael Jackson figure -- Smooth Criminal, or otherwise.

SnakeDoc

Is it just me or are things less as exciting than a couple years back? Maybe it's because I was so excited for Smooth Criminal that never got released, its emotionally scarred me:D:D but seriously, i dont remember the last license that excited me... im hoping with the release of the hobbit, some nice 1/6th figures will be released so i can get that spark back...

Maybe its because other than Avengers or Batman not many figures are being made, they have the licenses, but only a small amount of figures have come or are coming from them :dunno

There's a whopping 1 figure from Star Wars :slap

If you're not excited about what's happening in the world of 1:6 collecting now then there's no hope for you at all. :D

Maybe its because other than Avengers or Batman not many figures are being made, they have the licenses, but only a small amount of figures have come or are coming from them :dunno

Eh. Star Wars had a nice 30-year run ... hasbro, sideshow, etc., etc., etc. Kinda nice to watch 'em wait around.

SnakeDoc

I think Hot Toys has just become too predictable. Let's see what happens over the next year when they start running out of Batman rereleases.

True, but that was just one example

don't forget your x-men first class figures, there's only one so far!

but i think we can assume there will be more

finally bought and watched that film for the first time a few week ago.

i liked it, didn't love it though. maybe it needs repeat viewings

:goodpost:

Thats exactly it. Though they've run out of Batman so they've aquired another different batman one to milk :lol

Two biggest movies in a long time. Makes sense that they'd focus on Batman and Avengers to the exclusion of Star Wars, Avatar, Expendables, etc. -- and various other less-current or less popular licenses. They had two big bursts for Avengers and TDKR right around the release. They'll go back to others soon enough.

SnakeDoc

Thats my point exactly, I have a batman in my collection, i dont need 5 more... I have a terminator, and if i get 1 avenger i would surely need them all, and no way do i have the income for that. Im tired of seeing iron man released over and over... hmm i guess i must have just fallen into a funk :S as for spider-man, im not too keen on the new suit or the movie in fact :O

I think Hot Toys has just become too predictable. Let's see what happens over the next year when they start running out of Batman rereleases.
Not gonna happen.

dBFBx.jpg

Wouldn't be prudent.

Not only can they re-release all the Nolan figures again multiple times, but they've just scratched the surface with '89 Bats, then you've still got Batman Returns, Batman Forever, and Batman and Robin. They've also announced the 60s TV show license, and Arkham Asylum video game. Those are entire Batman licenses that haven't been focused on yet, but will. After that, they can re-release the Nolan figures again because demand will have been built up in the intervening time. Plus, they'll have the Batman reboot, the JLA Batman, the next Batman video game, and potentially comic and cartoon styled figures if they choose to go that route. We're gonna have HT Batman for about as long as we have HT, I'm afraid.

I for one, am loving it. :hi5:

Right now, the only things that would really get me excited are:

DX Han Solo
DX Anakin
HT Die Hard
HT The Matrix
HT or EB James Bond
HT or EB Star Trek
HT Metal Gear Solid Snake (I refuse to even pre-order that bull**** version)
1/4 scale HT Dutch, T1 T-800
HT DX Rocky and Rambo
HT BD T-800
HT Blade Runner

To each his own. I wouldn't have paid $20 for a Michael Jackson figure -- Smooth Criminal, or otherwise.

SnakeDoc

Yeah, me either. In the meantime, I've gotten so many dream toys over the course of the last year or so...

Back