Is Ironman costing hot toys customers?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't agree about Batman. Over the last few years there's been:

Batman (TDKR)
1/4 Batman
Bane
Catwoman
Swat Gordon
Joker 3.0
Bat-Pod 2.0
Tumbler 2.0
Tumbler 2.0 (Camo)
60s Batman & Robin
89 Batman
89 Joker
89 Batmobile
89 Joker (Mime)

They are stalling really long on Batman Returns & Arkham City, but they certainly aren't under-using the franchise overall.

Looks like a long list. But four of those are vehicles, not figures, and of those three are variants/re-releases.

That leaves ten figures over the past several years, two of which haven't been released yet, and hit next year (60's Batman & Robin), which puts us at eight, and only one of which came out this year (mime Joker). Only one Batman piece released this year, and two announced for next year still seems pretty slow to me. Certainly for such a big license, and particularly when Batman Returns and Arkham City were announced so long ago, to no result.

Go back a couple years and sure, you could say Hot Toys was giving Batman plenty of attention, but back then there was still plenty of variety across the board too. In the time since there's certainly been a downturn on what they have done with the license, which was kind of my point, and the point of this thread, I thought. Or at least that's my perception, anyhow. :)

Last edited:
Also IM3 was top grossing film made over 1.2 billion. I mean if this was some small movie and they made all these I might be questioning it but the film was huge and it had all these armors. So if anything you should be questioning the movie not HTs. I didn't like IM3. I felt like it was a huge waste of time. But fans loved it and they love collecting the armors because they are cool looking. HTs gave the fans a lot of different options to buy from at different price points. Don't see anything wrong with it. I'm just not a fan of the movie so I don't really care what they make from it.

I didn't see anyone complaining. Just people complaining about people they think are complaining (when they are really just offering opinions). :p

As soon as they make Pepper Potts I'm done with Iron Man.
Hopefully the Iron Whiplash will be out soon too.

People are generally tired of umpteen Iron man releases. Just make armored Pepper and Whiplash and move on.

Endless variations of caped dude in black, rubber armor.. green haired dude with 'why so serious' expression and rumors of a release date for McFly!.. this kind of niche marketing costs Hot Toys customers.. the only thing to cure a fever is moar Ironman!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGBD1KUz2RA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGBD1KUz2RA[/ame]

:1-1:

I didn't see anyone complaining. Just people complaining about people they think are complaining (when they are really just offering opinions). :p

This has always been how the internet works.

I wish they would do Pepper in armour, then I might actually buy an Iron Man figure from Hot Toys.

All they needed to do was give an exclusive Pepper Pots head with say the Silver Centurion that could fit on the power-pose 42.

Some of you think Batman is not getting enough love? Yikes...
I know everyone is disappointed about not getting more Keaton Batman along with the Arkham debacle but it's hardly a ignored license. Besides Iron Man and Predator has any other license received more love? What about those poor Platoon fans? Remember when a Green Lantern figure was supposed to come out? How about that avalanche of Avatar figures after Jake Sully? Or all of the Matrix figures? How did the last GI-Joe or Lone Ranger movie get more figures than Avatar or The Matrix?
Hot Toys makes what Howard likes at the time and what he thinks will sell. The man loves him some Iron Man and it sells so we are stuck with it for now. I'm still blown away that we got all of those Avengers figures.

Iron Man is costing Hot Toys customers . . . pockets.

It's laughable to suggest they're actually losing customers from this Iron Man smorgasbord. If anything, they're gaining more. The only thing Iron Man is costing as far as Hot Toys customers go is their $$$ on all the Iron Man collectibles. Which isn't a bad thing for Hot Toys.

Behind Iron Man, I'd say Predator gets the second most love. I don't see anyone complaining about how ridiculous all these Predators are but it's almost as "bad" (if you want to call it that). Behind Iron Man and Predator is Batman. I know people keep *****ing about "where da Returns Batman and Arkham Batman at", but look at Hot Toys' Batman resume, it's insane.

Go snooping around Video Game section, esp Batman ones.

People blame Ironman & Hot Toys for the delay/cancellation of other stuffs they wanted, esp Arkham Batmen. :slap

They blame HT, RDJ & people who buys HT Ironmen.

Nobodies hating. its cool to Have Iron man and his armors but why make figures of EVERY scene hes in. I swear if there was bathroom scene with Tony taking a massive dump it would be a HT exclusive.:lol

Go snooping around Video Game section, esp Batman ones.

People blame Ironman & Hot Toys for the delay/cancellation of other stuffs they wanted, esp Arkham Batmen. :slap

They blame HT, RDJ & people who buys HT Ironmen.

They're not wrong. If Hot Toys wasn't milking Iron Man they'd be allocating those figure slots to other lines.

It's case of them saying should we this Prometheus/BTTF/XFC figure or this Iron Man variant and deciding on the latter, over and over.

They most likely choose the latter because thats what will net them the most cash, however Sideshow could do the same and just release the cashcow characters over and over instead of originals and untapped characters but they don't, they favour variety.

I think HT customers simply want other characters to buy than ones they have several of already.

Rather than figures being spread 100% across all lines it's probably around 70% Iron Man and 30% everything else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back