Is Ironman costing hot toys customers?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But by the way yes Iron Man is costing customers in the sense that the longer they delay certain other licenses so they can pump out Iron Man the more expensive the figures from those licenses will be when they eventually come out. The passage of time is all HT needs to up the prices.

Asia is mech crazy so any HT IM armor that is released is only going to increase sales and the customer base.

Why do you actually care whether or not they are losing customers? Sounds more like you're bummed 'cause you're sick of Ironman and want a Marty McFly and Ra's al Ghul :lol

Obviously it is not costing them customers cause they keep making more.

Business is buisiness.

:lecture

Last edited:
Since they're so mech crazy, I wish they'd use their powers for good and make some Pacific Rim jaegers. They'd probably be $500, though.

Do I hate the constant barrage of Iron Man figures from Hot Toys? Yes. Absolutely yes. If I had the opportunity, I'd take every damned one and melt them down. Is it costing them customers? Nope. As long as Hot Toys controls the licenses, they control the market, which means that we'll wait, and, in the meantime, we'll ***** and we'll moan about how fed up we're getting, but, when it comes down to it, once whatever it is we want is revealed, we'll buy it, because it's either that or nothing.

**** I won't buy them with each release I already bought one which is the mark 7. I don't need anymore. Lol

They won't make what won't sell. Iron Man has been a huge boon for HT and I'd imagine that the ROI for the Iron Man line has allowed them to take chances in other areas. They can sell a IM repaint for $300 and use that profit to hire more people so they can service more lines. It's a win/win even if you're not an Iron Man fan or believe the line is over-saturated.

They won't make what won't sell. Iron Man has been a huge boon for HT and I'd imagine that the ROI for the Iron Man line has allowed them to take chances in other areas. They can sell a IM repaint for $300 and use that profit to hire more people so they can service more lines. It's a win/win even if you're not an Iron Man fan or believe the line is over-saturated.

Lines like Prometheus, XFC, or BBTF Dave?

:D

Theoretically but are they really taking any more 'chances' now than they were before 2008? I'm not so sure they are. That statement almost reads like Iron Man has always been the 'be all end all' for this company. But Hot Toys pre-dates (Movie) Iron Man.

50% of their first 30 or so figures were Alien/s family, thats the beginning folks, I don't know why people continually act surprised when HT dwells on their "bank of the moment" since this is what they've always done since day 1.

Believe it or not, it must work, they're still in business and still getting new licenses whether they sit on them or not.

The stuff like Johnny Depp, and various new/unreleased Disney movies they go after don't make a lot of sense to me, from a business POV. Because those figures almost inevitably get clearanced out. But Chan is crazy like a fox, so there must be something to it.

Just a quick glance at the 1st marvel page, and all the iron man threads have over 2 million views, combined

Pretty safe to say that ironman is costing the customers $$$, not hot toys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back