Is anyone else just kind of "over" Hot Toys or Not?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Is anyone else just kind of "over" Hot Toys?

you sonofawhoreson b_____ h hottoys! I wish I knew how to quit you.........:monkey2

Anyone else finding a circle of the wanting being more fun than having.

I'll get super excited... order... wait... get it... be very happy for a week... move onto the next one

I'll still fiddle and admire them, but it seems the next big thing is the driving force :(

So much in truth in this statement. In all of my collecting.

Anyone else finding a circle of the wanting being more fun than having.

I'll get super excited... order... wait... get it... be very happy for a week... move onto the next one

I'll still fiddle and admire them, but it seems the next big thing is the driving force :(

I've felt that way about a few figures, which is how I know they don't really belong in my collection. Whiplash comes to mind immediately, who I sold for this exact reason.

I do collect for myself, but mainly for my sons. I save and try to buy one for each of them and I have three boys!! Collecting for them is now becoming too expensive. I wish I could continue, but the market is becoming to popular now.

Dont give excuses..tell the truth...you're just buying for yourself isn't that right?:lol

Athough that might actually be a good excuse to appease the girlfriend, wife or mother.

If you aren't enjoying the figures when you get them or don't have the room to display them or can't afford them - and regret spending the money or leave them in the boxes - then you should stop.

From my perspective, we're in a 1/6th renaissance right now. HT has driven every other company to up their game (including Sideshow), and have set the bar in bringing new fans and new respectability to the hobby.

The ever increasing prices is an issue - but there will always be people to buy these limited edition figures.

The HT bubble will burst eventually. It happens to everything collectible, non-sports cards, comic books, etc...

I want something more substantial for my money, a statue, PF, 1:4 or 1:3 scale, LSB. HTs are too fragile and don't deliver enough bang for the buck. The prices are insane! Over $200 for one 12" figure?! More power to you if you think it's worth it.

It's impossible to be over something. Rachel was over Ross, but in the end they were meant to be lobsters.

I have yet to buy a ht figure, so I guess that's where I stand lol but when I do it will be the video game stuff like ezio and the mgs stuff, would get into resident evil but the prices are way to high :(

Dont give excuses..tell the truth...you're just buying for yourself isn't that right?:lol

Athough that might actually be a good excuse to appease the girlfriend, wife or mother.

Shhh! I'm trying not to let my wife find out the real reason!:rotfl

Just started collecting some 1/6 stuff. I can't even find some of the HT stuff I want at a reasonable price. I recently got the Spiderman 3 HT, but it's so fragile looking that I don't want to pose it too much due to the webbing on the costume.

Hopefully Reeves Superman HT and Batman Begins TF Ex will be better in terms of durability.

No. Not over HT. What kind of dumb question is that?:cuckoo: They are only making the best 1/6 figure's...EVER.:lecture

Jesus.:gah:

:exactly::goodpost: Thats a good idea! I think Ill start using that line on my wife too! "But these are for the kids when they grow up!" :lol

Exactly. At over $200 a pop, I really have to think if this action figure toy is truly indispensable. I mean, for $200 you can get an iPhone! Or $225 for the iPod Touch. Or $250 for a Playstation. Or a decent Blu Ray player. Or even a freakin' LCD TV!

I'm already pretty selective about what I buy. I've been ruthless with my choices, even cutting out HT's Indy who is my favourite movie character. I'm getting Cap, but Supes, who is currently on order, is on the bubble. I might cancel him because I can't justify paying over $200 for a fairly bare bones figure. I'll save my pennies for the absolute must must haves.

Electronic's are one of the worst investments..period. How many iThings, Game consoles, Televisions, etc, does one need?:dunno

I have 2 flatscreens,(PLASMA! screw LCD:nana:) 2 PS3's, 2 Computer's, 2 HT systems, and an EVO. I'm Good!:lecture

rubber bodies, wrist joints and they don't finish out lines is what irks me most about hot toys. but other than that they are the best out there so quit yer _____ing

Think about $475 for Batman and Joker and then another $799 for the Batmobile. Or just get a 50 inch LCD TV and watch the movie itself (with perfect likenesses of Keaton and Nicholson :lol) anytime you want in kickass HD glory.

Yikes, I like '89 Batman but not THAT much.

Besides, he kills people.

I'm definately over Hot Toys. Looking forward to 2012 and beyond they've got '89 Batman, Avengers, Metal Gear Solid, The Dark Knight Rises, Amazing Spider-Man, Sleepy Hollow, Star Wars etc there's just nothing there to get excited over.

I'm definately over Hot Toys. Looking forward to 2012 and beyond they've got '89 Batman, Avengers, Metal Gear Solid, The Dark Knight Rises, Amazing Spider-Man, Sleepy Hollow, Star Wars etc there's just nothing there to get excited over.

...probably more Bruce Lee, Terminator 1 & 2, POTC and Iron Man too *yawn

Back