Is anyone else just kind of "over" Hot Toys or Not?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mmh... Dont understand you guys. I am totally hyped by HT at the moment. Love my last figs (Cap America and Cap Sparrow) and look forward to all my POs (Iron Man MK IV + Gantry, Iron Man MK II AU, IM MK I 2.0, Keaton Batman, Nicholson Joker, Tumber Reissue, Batmobile)... There are so many exciting things comming and even more are announced. Really looking forward to DKR, Batman Returns and especially Robocop. Imagine Murphy with the knowledge they got from the IM licence... :bow

I was being a sarcastic jerk-off. HT will still be the greatest thing around, long after they find a vaccine for herpes and cancer. I just wish I could afford more of them.

Mmh... Dont understand you guys. I am totally hyped by HT at the moment. Love my last figs (Cap America and Cap Sparrow) and look forward to all my POs (Iron Man MK IV + Gantry, Iron Man MK II AU, IM MK I 2.0, Keaton Batman, Nicholson Joker, Tumber Reissue, Batmobile)... There are so many exciting things comming and even more are announced. Really looking forward to DKR, Batman Returns and especially Robocop. Imagine Murphy with the knowledge they got from the IM licence... :bow

Nearly all those figures are from the same two franchises, if your a fan of them it's an amazing time to be a HT collector :yess:

If however you want other things there's hardly anything available or upcoming :(

An exciting time for me was early January 2011. I had made my first two HT purchases (Beserker Predator and T-600). Like everyone else there was a lot of “oohhhh and ahhhhhh’s”. With a new found interest I started looking backwards to finding already released figures. Very quickly I picked up Dog Alien and T-1000. Timing was perfect because T1 T-800 was starting to ship (made that purchase too). Next the prototype pictures of Indiana Jones and Jack Sparrow (ohh yeahhh August release).....I was in the zone.

No longer was I looking backwards for released products, I was now waiting for new products. And then it hit me......Real Time!!

The waiting game.......Pictures of Jack Sparrow were shown in March 2011 and I received my Jack in February 2012 (basically one year).
Same thin for Indiana Jones. And it looks like Jack’s Joker will be next.

I love HT and sure we will still make the purchase but I think from initial announcements followed by delays can get to the collector.

I am very selective with my HT as I keep them one per shelf on my Detolf (I have four in a row). I don’t like the overcrowding of three or more on a shelf as I think it devalues the look of such expensive figures.
That being said I too am being selective. Next purchase will be Nicholson Joker. Future purchase DeVito’s Penguin. And wish list purchase Street cloth Rocky!!!

Very much on the fence with Predator 2 as I have Berserker and Tracker (don’t want to overload with Predators). I want each figure to be unique in my collection. And no quick summer blockbuster figures ie Captain America, Thor, ect.

Hey Everyone,

Just as the title reads. Has anyone just lost interest in HT lately...they just seem..blah to me nowadays. Maybe its' the prices. But I used to own 15-20 of the best HT figs. DX01, 02, 03, 04. TDK, Iron Man, Predator, etc. I recently sold them all off and don't regret it one second. 2 examples recently were, I bought an HT Thor...and sold it the next day, it just looked like a toy..and the recent HT Batman Begin/Wayne debacle at Sideshow. So much hype for what...a headsculpt and a mediocre figure that I already owned and sold. I almost bought into it though, but then I realized, I used to own the OC Bats and wasn't impressed.

Don't get me wrong though...HT does some amazing work. The DX Bespin Luke and The new 89 Bats and Joker, 100% awesome. Will probably bite on 1 or 2 of those(Luke for sure). But , I don't know I really think its the new price trend. When I look at the things I own like the MR Falcon, Sideshow 1:1 C-3PO Bust and the upcoming EFX Vader Legend they have such a commanding presence. They feel worth it.

Who knows maybe I just needed to rant on about it a bit. Anyone else out there feel the same way.:dunno Thanks for listening

JB

I think I know how you feel, I've lost some of my enthusiasm for this hobby lately as well. I just can't quite put my finger on it for the why though. I've started to sell my figures to and I know what you mean about the not regretting it part. I just really thought I was going to miss these figures a lot and I haven't not even a little bit.

They simply aren't worth the MSRP, so yeah. As far as the Bat stuff, I'll get Bane, but am not buying the '89 product. I may get the Batmobile next year and put my Billiken figures with it, however.

The HT product will never crack the top 20 pieces in my collection as far as value or rarity goes, so I'm not really motivated by that aspect as some of the younger collectors are. They are nice, but I would rather invest $200 in a vintage piece than a figure that begins dryrotting the moment you remove it from the package.

Back