Ironman Mark VII Legendary Scale???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just like they did to chocolate and chips, all new packaging less contents but at the same price. I know, they are being responsible looking after our discretionary spending by giving us a product that complies with US greed guidelines.

MKVII Before 36" H (914.4mm) x 23" W (584.2mm) x 12" L (304.8mm)*
MKVII After 39" H (990.6mm) x 23" W (584.2mm) x 12" L (304.8mm)*
MKIII 48" H (1219.2mm)

That is a 28.75% reduction in height, or 9"(228.6mm). I am fully aware that production costs have increased since 2010 when the 1/2 scale was released, but come on.

If the management at SS are that naive to think that we won't read the specs and see a clear variation from previous "PURCHASED" releases then they have miss judged their market.

This release is a grab at new customers to hell with their loyal customers. If it is a matter of money then they should talk to their loyal customers, they have our contact details and purchase history, ask us if we would be willing to buy items that by all accounts would be exclusive remember edition size TBD is at the top of the order page, even if they cost considerably more. At least you retain those customers who have invested a considerable amount of money in their collections and still wish to do so.

If this is the future of SS then they need to go back and look at their business plan. Go back to the beginning and see why you started this once great company. The collectors.

I dont own Mark III but it's listed as 40" hight in their site. Sideshow also released this yesterday to clear the confusion, they are indeed in scale :)

gy8ytu7e.jpg

I don't know what's going on but I'm seriously starting to want this. I normally complain about LSF and the high prices and how impracticle they are but this is calling me. I mean, I can flex right, I can afford 200 for 8 months right?

Just like they did to chocolate and chips, all new packaging less contents but at the same price. I know, they are being responsible looking after our discretionary spending by giving us a product that complies with US greed guidelines.

MKVII Before 36" H (914.4mm) x 23" W (584.2mm) x 12" L (304.8mm)*
MKVII After 39" H (990.6mm) x 23" W (584.2mm) x 12" L (304.8mm)*
MKIII 48" H (1219.2mm)

That is a 28.75% reduction in height, or 9"(228.6mm). I am fully aware that production costs have increased since 2010 when the 1/2 scale was released, but come on.

If the management at SS are that naive to think that we won't read the specs and see a clear variation from previous "PURCHASED" releases then they have miss judged their market.

This release is a grab at new customers to hell with their loyal customers. If it is a matter of money then they should talk to their loyal customers, they have our contact details and purchase history, ask us if we would be willing to buy items that by all accounts would be exclusive remember edition size TBD is at the top of the order page, even if they cost considerably more. At least you retain those customers who have invested a considerable amount of money in their collections and still wish to do so.

If this is the future of SS then they need to go back and look at their business plan. Go back to the beginning and see why you started this once great company. The collectors.

I think we need to stop feeding this troll now. He's had his fun, let him go and find some other thread to chew on. :pfft:

Fotos clearly indicate same measurement of height. So that settles our doubt :)...

I dont own Mark III but it's listed as 40" hight in their site. Sideshow also released this yesterday to clear the confusion, they are indeed in scale :)

gy8ytu7e.jpg

Thanks for the post this put my mind a little more at ease that this is in scale with the rest of my 1:2 armors

Thanks for the post this put my mind a little more at ease that this is in scale with the rest of my 1:2 armors

no worries, glad SS killed the subject quickly :) do you own mark III? wonder how big the box will be & in how many pieces he will come.

no worries, glad SS killed the subject quickly :) do you own mark III? wonder how big the box will be & in how many pieces he will come.

Yes I own custom 1:2 Mark 1 ,two sideshow Mark 3 want mint one damaged,and a custom 1:2 War machine with customs 1:2 Hulkbuster and 1:2 Mark 2 on the way.....
the box is 44 inches in height iron man came in two pieces the base and statue ...the first shipment of mark 3 kept getting damaged in shipping so sideshow decided to take the base out of the box with the actual statue and ship them in two different boxes

20131116_125540.jpg

20131116_130710.jpg

I actually hope they learned their lesson on making it one piece and actually make this one made to assemble from different pieces like 1:2 Maul and 1:2 wolverine if not they'll have to ship freight again with each mark VII individually wrapped on a pallet

Last edited:
Yes I own custom 1:2 Mark 1 ,sideshow Mark 3,and a custom 1:2 War machine.....
the box is 44 inches in height iron man came in two pieces the base and statue ...the first shipment of mark 3 kept getting damaged in shipping so sideshow decided to take the base out of the box with the actual statue and ship them in two different boxes

20131116_125540.jpg

I actually hope they learned their lesson on making it one piece and actually make this one made to assemble from different pieces like 1:2 Maul and 1:2 wolverine if not they'll have to ship freight again with each mark VII individually wrapped on a pallet

many thanks! I hope they ship him in separate parts as well :)

Yes I own custom 1:2 Mark 1 ,two sideshow Mark 3 want mint one damaged,and a custom 1:2 War machine with customs 1:2 Hulkbuster and 1:2 Mark 2 on the way.....

20131116_125540.jpg

20131116_130710.jpg

Hey Charles, your 1/2 scale collection is truly amazing and one which I one day hope to emulate :bow:bow You are the one who inspired me to change my direction in terms of my collection and am attempting to recreate the Iron Man Hall of Armour in 1/2 scale. Like you I have 2 MKIII's, and MKII and a MKI on its way. I'll definately be getting the War Machine 1/2 scale early next year and of course in July comes the MKVII :blissy

Hey Charles, your 1/2 scale collection is truly amazing and one which I one day hope to emulate :bow:bow You are the one who inspired me to change my direction in terms of my collection and am attempting to recreate the Iron Man Hall of Armour in 1/2 scale. Like you I have 2 MKIII's, and MKII and a MKI on its way. I'll definately be getting the War Machine 1/2 scale early next year and of course in July comes the MKVII :blissy
Thanks brother I am unworthy of such compliments but I thanks you greatly:1-1:.....yeah I believe in 1:2 scale I'm very very grateful that Sideshow is taking that market seriously finally... the presence of a half scale when someone walks in the room is phenomenal!!!when I sold my first 1:2 collection and started back with 1/4 my wife walked in the Mancave and said" hey where's the big statues I liked those" , my jaw hit the floor :thud: so I waited for the right time and started rebuilding the 1:2 army again

Thanks brother I am unworthy of such compliments but I thanks you greatly:1-1:.....yeah I believe in 1:2 scale I'm very very grateful that Sideshow is taking that market seriously finally... the presence of a half scale when someone walks in the room is phenomenal!!!when I sold my first 1:2 collection and started back with 1/4 my wife walked in the Mancave and said" hey where's the big statues I liked those" , my jaw hit the floor :thud: so I waited for the right time and started rebuilding the 1:2 army again

Yea, I remember you sold your first lot of 1/2 scales...must have been hard :( but you've come back bigger and better than before :exactly:

Couldn't agree more abt what you said abt LSfs having that presence and creating that wow factor when friends and family come into the room. To me they are the creme de la creme of Collectibles :thud:

Back