Ironman Mark VII Legendary Scale???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are the chances of being able to order replacement parts from Sideshow? One of my thigh pieces fell off and cracked and I'd rather try get a new piece than repair it if possible. I have seen that most people have trouble getting replacement parts for their items broken on arrival so I don't like my chances but thought I'd ask anyway. Is trying to repair it the best bet?
Contact them immediately. Doesn't hurt to try. If you don't hear from them, keep on them until you do. GL.

Contact them immediately. Doesn't hurt to try. If you don't hear from them, keep on them until you do. GL.

Thanks, I have contacted them by email but so far no reply. I have also tried every Sideshow Dealer I can find in Australia and all have told me the same thing, contact them directly. I'm not liking my chances based on that unfortunately.

Thanks, I have contacted them by email but so far no reply. I have also tried every Sideshow Dealer I can find in Australia and all have told me the same thing, contact them directly. I'm not liking my chances based on that unfortunately.
Last year, when dusting it, I broke the right forearm plate and emailed Sideshow about it. Back then they found a replacement and charged me for it (not their fault, was 100% mine).

Your best bet is check with them (as you already did), but seems like another guy has the same problem (on the other board) and he's been told Sideshow doesn't have any replacement anymore... hope it was just for the piece he asked and not the entire thing...

Keep us posted...

Last year, when dusting it, I broke the right forearm plate and emailed Sideshow about it. Back then they found a replacement and charged me for it (not their fault, was 100% mine).

Your best bet is check with them (as you already did), but seems like another guy has the same problem (on the other board) and he's been told Sideshow doesn't have any replacement anymore... hope it was just for the piece he asked and not the entire thing...

Keep us posted...

Thanks guys, Sideshow got back to me saying that they do not sell replacement parts as yet, but are happy to try and find me a replacement piece if they have one lying around. I was in the process of getting back to them when the statue arrived from the retailer and I set it up... with the lights not working, so now I get a full new statue with no damage being replaced by the retailer I purchased it from, which actually brings me to my next question...

ATTENTION AUSTRALIAN OWNERS!!!

Do I need to purchase a voltage converter to run the lights safely on an Australian socket as US power outlets are 110v and AU ones are 240v? I do not want to pay this much money for a statue that doesn't do what its supposed to. Any assistance would be appreciated as and I do not want to blow the lights or short it out just because I use a socket adapter that does nothing to change the voltage to a safe amount. I haven't seen anyone mention anything like this as yet so I'm thinking it may be able to run on both 110 and 240 as some items can, but usually items that can have a selector switch which I cannot see on the statue or base anywhere.

By way, I know this statue got a lot of shade when it came out but I've owned it for a while, it has been on display in my office and it is always a show stopper eliciting awe from anyone who passes by and sees it. The paint is very nice and glossy and he has great presence. I recently got the CM 1:3 scale version and that paint job is excellent. Comparing the two I don't think Sideshow's LSF is that far off in terms of gloss. Yes, the color is a darker burgundy and not the cherry red that some people may like but I'm fine with it. I get tired of the hyperbole "this statue is trash and I wouldn't take it for free" overreaction sometimes.

This piece is not perfect but no piece is and as far as I'm concerned I'm very happy with it. I think it's a lot better and has a lot more presence than the older 1:2 scale Mark 3 for instance.

I'm getting the IA Mark 7 in a few months so let's see how that compares. I plan on displaying it next to the Sideshow one in my office. I think both will look fantastic and I think the Sideshow LSF will be able to hold its own.

By way, I know this statue got a lot of shade when it came out but I've owned it for a while, it has been on display in my office and it is always a show stopper eliciting awe from anyone who passes by and sees it. The paint is very nice and glossy and he has great presence. I recently got the CM 1:3 scale version and that paint job is excellent. Comparing the two I don't think Sideshow's LSF is that far off in terms of gloss. Yes, the color is a darker burgundy and not the cherry red that some people may like but I'm fine with it. I get tired of the hyperbole "this statue is trash and I wouldn't take it for free" overreaction sometimes.

This piece is not perfect but no piece is and as far as I'm concerned I'm very happy with it. I think it's a lot better and has a lot more presence than the older 1:2 scale Mark 3 for instance.

I'm getting the IA Mark 7 in a few months so let's see how that compares. I plan on displaying it next to the Sideshow one in my office. I think both will look fantastic and I think the Sideshow LSF will be able to hold its own.

I have to agree with you! Funny how some of those guys aren't around anymore.

There's more competition in the Iron Man 1:2 scale world now, but I still like my Sideshow Legendary Scales. The Mark III and Mark VII look great next to each other, and I really like the fact that Legacy designed these from the original film molds. These will always have a certain authenticity that the other studios will lack.

“What’s cool about working with Sideshow is the fact that these collectibles are made from original molds and sculpts created for the films. Together we are bringing very special pieces to the collector, as it’s actually a bit of film history they are buying.”
– John Rosengrant, Co-Founder Legacy Effects Studio

I cancelled on the Cinemaquette after seeing the production photos, but I'm thinking about the IA products. Looking forward to hearing what you think when they are side by side.

There is competition but licensing makes things difficult.

King Arts technically have to make "phone chargers" so there is that bit of silliness in their pieces. Also they can't sell these pieces outside of Asia and there are no distributors in North America or Europe for them. Shipping their 1/4 scale Hulk buster "phone charger" will cost over a grand bringing total price to more than 3200 dollars.

IA has same problem with licensing. They have some distributors like Secret Compass but I don't think there is much of a margin there. With shipping from Asia again you are looking at pieces in the 2000 to 2500 dollar range.

Right now in the 1:2 scale world, it's mainly IA with the competition and they are shut out of the really iconic suits like the Mark 1 to Mark VI. Those are off limits for the 1:2 scale treatment.

I would die for an authentic and licensed 1:2 scale Mark 1 myself . . .

Thanks guys, Sideshow got back to me saying that they do not sell replacement parts as yet, but are happy to try and find me a replacement piece if they have one lying around. I was in the process of getting back to them when the statue arrived from the retailer and I set it up... with the lights not working, so now I get a full new statue with no damage being replaced by the retailer I purchased it from, which actually brings me to my next question...

ATTENTION AUSTRALIAN OWNERS!!!

Do I need to purchase a voltage converter to run the lights safely on an Australian socket as US power outlets are 110v and AU ones are 240v? I do not want to pay this much money for a statue that doesn't do what its supposed to. Any assistance would be appreciated as and I do not want to blow the lights or short it out just because I use a socket adapter that does nothing to change the voltage to a safe amount. I haven't seen anyone mention anything like this as yet so I'm thinking it may be able to run on both 110 and 240 as some items can, but usually items that can have a selector switch which I cannot see on the statue or base anywhere.

I have the original power supply plugged in to a decent quality international adapter that is fused but does not convert voltage.
I've been running the lights regularly since I got it at release, with no issues.

I have the original power supply plugged in to a decent quality international adapter that is fused but does not convert voltage.
I've been running the lights regularly since I got it at release, with no issues.

Thanks for the reply mate, I was able to head down to the retailer and see the original power supply which is rated for an input of 110-240v / 50-60hz so that will do the job with an adapter as you said. I plan on getting a decent quality one with a surge protector etc but I am happy I don't need a voltage converter too. What brand is yours?

I'm glad you are still enjoying yours and that you got a good one. I had to get rid of mine. While I don't think it's a terrible piece, I just didn't think the quality justified the value. It was a value thing for me. If it was around 1200$, I would have kept it for sure. Every piece does have it's issues, and I got a really bad one. The Chinese factory that painted mine did a terrible job, especially with the painted on seam lines, they were barely trying. You could tell some parts were sitting in a moist warehouse for some time as the narrower areas such as inside the palms had build up of dust and moist that set it in. Not to mention, the conductor terminals for my light up feature was so corroded with green oxidation that my piece above the waist would not light up. I sanded them down and that did the trick. 2000$ isn't a lot of money when we're talking about "real" collecting as there are other hobbies out there with pieces waaaaaaaay more expensive. It's just I was hoping our 2k was going towards something that looked at least a little more (perhaps not exactly) like the master sculpt that is in Legacy Studios warehouse right now. Pics of that one still arise every once in awhile and it's aches my heart. The MKVII is my favorite suit, so I'm hoping the XM MKVII, even though with no light up and at half the size, will qualm my craving for the that suit. The MK43 Legendary scale photos look amazing, but so were the photos of the MKVII. I got the IS MK43 1/4, which I love, but I might bite the bullet if SS's legendary scale lives up closer to the photos. Anyways, sorry for ranting. Again, congrats on having a good piece!

Thanks for the reply mate, I was able to head down to the retailer and see the original power supply which is rated for an input of 110-240v / 50-60hz so that will do the job with an adapter as you said. I plan on getting a decent quality one with a surge protector etc but I am happy I don't need a voltage converter too. What brand is yours?

Don't remember off the top of my head but I'll try to remember to take a look at it tonight and let you know.

UPDATE:

Ok so I checked mine and its called a Journey Surge Protected Reverse Travel Adapter.

Had a quick look around online and I can't find them but this one does the same job:

Jackson Surge Protected Travel Adaptor | Bunnings Warehouse

The only potential problem is that I don't think the plug from the LSF will fit into the depression in this one, you would have to test it. However, there is also this:

Korjo Multi Reverse Travel Adaptor | Bunnings Warehouse

This has the flat surface that you can connect the LSF power supply to but is not protected. It might be possible to use them in combination or just use the Korjo adapter with a surge protected power board.

Don't remember off the top of my head but I'll try to remember to take a look at it tonight and let you know.

UPDATE:

Ok so I checked mine and its called a Journey Surge Protected Reverse Travel Adapter.

Had a quick look around online and I can't find them but this one does the same job:

Jackson Surge Protected Travel Adaptor | Bunnings Warehouse

The only potential problem is that I don't think the plug from the LSF will fit into the depression in this one, you would have to test it. However, there is also this:

Korjo Multi Reverse Travel Adaptor | Bunnings Warehouse

This has the flat surface that you can connect the LSF power supply to but is not protected. It might be possible to use them in combination or just use the Korjo adapter with a surge protected power board.

Thanks mate, I really appreciate it. I grabbed one from Jaycar today, a surge protected one as you suggested so I appreciate the assistance and the advice. You're a legend.

Maybe I'm just being picky cos even though I do love this piece SO SO MUCH, it's quite funny to me that for a $2000US ($2500AU) item they decided against using spellcheck before mass printing the instructions... Am I rigth? HAHAHA!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 182
Maybe I'm just being picky cos even though I do love this piece SO SO MUCH, it's quite funny to me that for a $2000US ($2500AU) item they decided against using spellcheck before mass printing the instructions... Am I rigth? HAHAHA!!!

Have you seen Sideshows QA?

Quality Assurance.

Oh, Hahaha!!! Yeah, just reading this thread is enough to see the lack of QA unfortunately. While I had issues to start with, the piece I have now I am extremely happy with, thanks to the retailer returning the original nonworking (lights) item and then letting me mix and match to choose the best interchangeable parts from both the original and replacement statues. Thanks to the retailer from what I've read on here I think I probably have one of the best Legendary Mark VII's going around atm.

Back