Statue Iron Studios Thanos 1/4 Legacy Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
b0e609fd149483cedbcf22dbf186d224.jpg
179869a18a33cbf59e8329ef0027f97e.jpg
2c8b4115d8ad93f8c1ee84aad3eb02dc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just finished watching your video. I could definitely feel your excitement throughout the video.

It’s certainly a great piece, and I can’t wait to add it to my collection.

My only issues are the light up, the base paint and possibly the the shade of paint on the Gauntlet.

I honestly can’t believe they used the same torch light up method that they used for their 1/10 scale piece :slap

At least with this one, I’m thinking people are going to get it working at least. But I would’ve much preferred a wired up version with wall power, with an easy to access on switch. Which this definitely is not. So I doubt I’ll be lighting mine up much, which isn’t the worst thing as I may be displaying mine beside the Hot Toys life size anyway.

The base paint looks very plain, which isn’t a surprise as I’ve found the paint on all their bases that I’ve got from the 1/4 Civil War line, 1/6 AOU line, and the various 1/10 scale pieces, to be very simple, with not much variation in the paint and lack of fine detail on the bases. The only ones of theirs that impressed me were the 1/4 AOU Cap and IM bases.

And lastly the shade of paint on the Gauntlet. It’s like no one can seem to agree on what the correct shade is supposed to be. Hot Toys had three pieces, with three different shades, the Beast Kingdom one was atrocious, and now this one which is a bit more shaded than I was hoping. But given the body of the figure is so damn impressive, it’s a non issue.

Though I’m wondering if the boots should’ve had a bit more sculpted in detail etc.

BIG statue. The Hulk looks small next to it.

I always felt that, that Hulk was a bit undersized. But keep in mind that those 1/4 AOU Cap and IM are a tad oversized. They dwarf the 1/4 CW Team Cap pieces that I currently have side by side in front of me.

I like the flashlight because it's very bright and if it ever goes bad just get a new one. No electronics to break.

The infinity Gauntlet looks fantastic on this piece. But so many 3D printing issues on the suit sculpt and the paint app looks only ok to me

Back