Statue Iron Studios Thanos 1/4 Legacy Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my area there are plenty of available seats.....as long as you’re prepared to sit at the edges of the cinema.

But honestly I preordered this ‘second’ ticket well in advance. If I liked the film the first time, I was going to use it, but if not, not.
Actually a good idea. I was lucky to get my first ore order :)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Just picked this up from ups and holy **** this has to be the heaviest statue box I have ever handled. Hopefully get a chance to open it later tonight or tomorrow.

You do know people are allowed to have different opinions right? And critiquing a film doesn’t mean we didn’t like or enjoy it.

I disliked the stuff with only one particular character. One out of dozens of characters. I like others would laugh at the appropriate times when he was shown, but immediately after I would cringe to myself.

I myself didn’t get the hate directed towards Last Jedi, but then again while I’ve seen all the Star Wars films plenty of times, I’ve never really been all that connected with any of the characters, so I was fine with how Luke was portrayed. But ironically I felt completely differently with regards to that one character in Endgame, as it was almost a complete 180 from how they were portrayed in the previous film.

..... and by the way I did really like Endgame. In fact I’m about to leave to see it again.

Completely agree, I liked the movie overall, but there were certain aspects that I didn't particularly care for. Seems like one of those is the same that you didn't particularly like. It was funny initially, but then it just seemed like they tried to milk it too much. When you really think about it, this is a guy that's obviously struggling with incredible depression, supposedly a friend, and you're cracking cheez whiz jokes about him in what is an extremely emotional moment for him. What he's lost, he will never get back.

One of the greatest statues I have ever bought, hes huge and overshadows some of my Prime 1 1/3 scale statues, I think he has serious presence! I also love the paint apps and the controversial base, which I think looks awesome. My paint apps are flawless and the texturing is great. I will probably get Endgame Thanos 1/4 too but I would take this Infinity War Thanos over that any day, love the pose and the menacing grimace. Looks incredible. This is an Iconic scene and is the SNAP Thanos for me. The only Thanos piece that could rival this for me is the 1:1 Scale from Queen Studios

Just put mine together and my opinion is similar to shooterch. I do have some nits. Here goes...

The base is super heavy, definitely solid polystone. The line where the gunmetal bottom of the base meets the rocks does slop a little but is not noticeable unless you are inspecting. The faux infinity stones on the bottom of the base definitely should have been painted appropriate colors. I think I will do that myself eventually. I like the green moss pretty well but the main rocks that comprise the base are are mostly two color tones and would have benefitted alot from more colors, layering, and shading. It's nice enough but could be better.

The boots are simple and do the job but the paint detail could also be better. The painted on mud looks decent from viewing distance but not the best under close scrutiny. The sculpt of the pants is sharp and the paint is well done. The purple/blue shirt is excellent in every way. The gold trim on his knees, belt, and torso is well painted with no slop whatsoever. But the brown stripe going down the center of his shirt should be an off goldish color, not sure what happened there? The costume is great overall but not as good as the Captain America Civil War I have from them.

I love the sculpt of his arms and the texture and color of his skin. Only issue is his thumbnail should be painted a different shade of purple and glossed, but it isn't. Just lazy.

Now the best of the best, which happen to be the most important parts. Both sculpts are absolutely outstanding. Both beautifully sculpted and painted. Likeness looks spot on. Not a single nit. I prefer the angry sculpt, it really fits the pose and the teeth are uber real looking.

The gauntlet looks equally as great as the sculpts. Unreal weathered paint job and sculpt. Well done light up function.

Lastly it shouldn't be understated that the choice of pose extremely cool. I love how the gauntlet is featured front and center.

Based on the pose and the film it comes from I think I now prefer this Thanos to the Endgame but I might get that one too.

Mine was delivered this afternoon. First thing I did is pull out the base and get to work. It is just as bland and dull as everyone said.

Did a lot of drybrushing and stippling of different shades on the rocks to make them a little more interesting. Then got to work covering all of that ugly sculpted moss with actual flocking. The texture and varying shades of green really help sell the base in person. Thanos absolutely steals the show (still going to fix his boots and right hand), but at least now the base isn't detracting from an otherwise killer statue.

base.jpg

Mine was delivered this afternoon. First thing I did is pull out the base and get to work. It is just as bland and dull as everyone said.

Did a lot of drybrushing and stippling of different shades on the rocks to make them a little more interesting. Then got to work covering all of that ugly sculpted moss with actual flocking. The texture and varying shades of green really help sell the base in person. Thanos absolutely steals the show (still going to fix his boots and right hand), but at least now the base isn't detracting from an otherwise killer statue.

View attachment 452214
Looks nice! You going to re-paint the brown part of his midsection? Not sure I have the guts. But I will definitely fix his thumb.
5479d7b352495cbf95f1ba25b532e496.jpg

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

I would also add that the box sucks, not very attractive and really cheap cardboard. The styrofoam insert is good though and does a terrific job protecting everything. Good thing I don't care much about the box because mine was beaten up pretty bad in transit. For something this pricey it probably should be something closer to XM packaging which is really high quality.

Good insight, guys. I’m thinking about getting him.

Do any of you know the dimensions of just the base itself? I’m especially curious about how deep it is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's a very pale gold they used, so I mixed a warm platinum with a medium gold metallic to get a close match.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

View attachment 452214

Which paint did you use for the gems on the base? They look amazing! Do you have more closeup pictures of the them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Getting this piece on Thursday. Really looking forward to it.

Getting this piece on Thursday. Really looking forward to it.

Congrats it's terrific. A couple minor issues but the most important parts like the sculpts and the gauntlet are extremely well done. From what I have seen so far I prefer this to the Endgame version.

Amazing piece. I always wanted Thanos and iron studios nailed the sculpt. It’s HUGE

Paint is very realistic and mostly accurate to the movie. I prefer this look over the EG for sure.

Here’s a size comparison to the SS Hulk for context

IMG_2049.jpg
IMG_2050.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn this piece looks amazing. I can't wait to get iron spider Man.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Back