Statue Iron Studios Jurassic Park license

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CC is such a joke. They speak out of their ass most the time so we'll see what actually happens.

You're speaking the truth Gosling. Paul runs his mouth too much and their Endo and BO Rex were bait-and-switches. I haven't checked out CC's threads in awhile because of this crap but just recently checked out the 1:2 Robocop bust. Apparently, people are critical of the lip color - referring to it as lipstick - and Paul chimes performing damage control stating that Peter Weller actually wore lipstick during filming. I can't help but laugh at CC.

To avoid others stepping into the other Forum, here's what Paul has said on the issue:

As far as we know Iron Studios does not have a license. We sent Universal the link and are asking for clarification.

Paul

How do you get blind sided by a competitor if you have a global exclusive in your category? Something doesn’t seem right here.

Well the licensors at Universal have turned over four times in two years with the consolidation with Dreamworks.

As far as we know we are the exclusive over $150, Mattel is the exclusive under $150 and we have a call out for misc. scales for Think Geek.

We have our licensing agent looking into Iron Studios claims and I will be getting to the bottom of the issue. We didn't license South America, but they still couldn't produce anything that conflicts with my current lines.

We've decided that if we can't keep our exclusivity we will not be continuing with the license.

Paul

Choopie, go invest hundreds of thousands of dollars on a license and then have someone come in and try to take your license.

We've found out that if they are indeed going to make products they will be for South American sales only. So we will probably need to buy that territory as well to stop the incursion.

Our other option is to enforce third party sales, meaning they can't import any of this product to the US. This means someone like SS can't buy wholesale and sell it into the USA. We've already done this with a few Japanese companies and it stopped them in their tracks.

And since we are in negotiations now with Universal, before I write a check with five zeroes on it, your darn right I will fight for my exclusivity.

This is what happened when we bought the exclusive rights for Kong, Godzilla 2 and Jong vs Godzilla. Warner licensed P1 and while we are making a Kong piece, we restructured the deal since there was no exclusivity that was promised. We'll make a few pieces and out.

If Universal won't move forward we'll step away, we've had a good two year run.

Paul

What will most likely happen is we'll roll back to three territories and post a list of what we are going to make for 2018 and do a one year sell off.

We'll still finish seven or eight items we have in production and let them deal with other companies that don't pay their royalties.

If we find out that product has been imported to the states, we just have to go by a case by case basis and there are heavy fines for illegal imports. We would be enforcing our rights to the full extent of the law and contract. Also once we file with US customs they would be confiscated as they entered the states.

It may all be a moot point, with Prop 65 passing in California and new Universal regulations coming in 2018 it's going to change the landscape of factories that can actually handle Universal work.

I've talked about the morally correct products and why they cost more in China.

We will be at Universal on the 1st of December and I'll know one way or the other if we will be continuing with Universal and JP.

Our license is very cut and dry, if you have a license for a specific region and you knowingly sell outside that region you have violated your contract.

If I file my US rights with US customs and Universal authorizes confiscation at it's borders, I haven't stolen anything. The licensee that sold you your product violated their contract.

And yes we absolutely have the right to know all licensees that are wanting to produce any product that may interfere with our license. We are actually going to Universal in two weeks to see the entire program and what we feel violates our contract.

Personally I don't think the JP market is large enough to support multiple licensees in the high end arena. I'm not trying to shut anyone out, but we've paid a lot of money for the license we have and we'll need to consider if it's worth such an high guarantee moving forward. We also took a huge risk and acquired the JP license a month before Jurassic World was released and we took a huge risk, well that paid off.

My prices are exuberant=Universal approved factory, the gold standard in the industry. I can assure you that any company entering the Jurassic arena is going to have a hard time producing product since high end factories that are Universal approved are far and few between. Now with Prop 65 passing in CA, the prices will only rise. If Universal is indeed going to require re-audits of the factory in August 2018, that may be enough for us to get as much in production before that date and have a year after to sell off and deliver.

The real problem started when Dreamworks merged with Universal and we've been through four licensing teams in the last year alone.

Amblin and the producers want us to keep producing product and we probably will, just not with as many zeroes on the guarantee.

So that means that other licensees will be able to make JP products and if they move fast, a few could be released in 2018.

We would finish the products we have on pre-order and a few that we have prototyped and do more for TG and GS.

I'm actually fine with other people making JP, but if I'm told by Universal I am buying exclusive rights and I hear that other companies are acquiring licenses, I have the right to feel the way I do and the right to protect what we were promised.

Paul

CC is such a joke. They speak out of their ass most the time so we'll see what actually happens.

Sounds exactly like a statement more applicable to you, Bob, and Robopred. 2 guys talking like they know something when they clearly don't, and one who won't stop soap boxing about his "terrible" rex that he wouldn't even return.:lol I hope you guys are getting paid for all this trolling.

Sounds exactly like a statement more applicable to you, Bob, and Robopred. 2 guys talking like they know something when they clearly don't, and one who won't stop soap boxing about his "terrible" rex that he wouldn't even return.:lol I hope you guys are getting paid for all this trolling.

Lol coming from the guy who might as well be on CCs payroll with his fanboying. I said this was a pretty bad situation for CC and it shouldn't be allowed for someone who paid for exclusivity to have that taken away, but it's clear that the pain in your rear filters out anything that associates CC and negativity in any way.

I'm almost hoping CC gets ****ed now, just to watch more of your damage control. No wonder they can get away with such low end products with a fanbase who thinks they can do no wrong.

“If we find out that product has been imported to the states, we just have to go by a case by case basis and there are heavy fines for illegal imports. We would be enforcing our rights to the full extent of the law and contract. Also once we file with US customs they would be confiscated as they entered the states.”

Nice, really classy. Within their rights I suppose, but they’re not going to win over many fans to their products if they confiscate and destroy IS product that American buyers have shipped in through a third party.

Yeah. Good luck with that. That's not how importing works. Unless it's an actual "illegal" item, they have no say over what I can send to someone else in another country. Nonsense.

Lol coming from the guy who might as well be on CCs payroll with his fanboying. I said this was a pretty bad situation for CC and it shouldn't be allowed for someone who paid for exclusivity to have that taken away, but it's clear that the pain in your rear filters out anything that associates CC and negativity in any way.

I'm almost hoping CC gets ****ed now, just to watch more of your damage control. No wonder they can get away with such low end products with a fanbase who thinks they can do no wrong.

Stop deflecting, I gave them plenty of criticism in the rex and endo threads. I just get tired of reading all these posts by anti-CC bandwagon jumpers who have never even ordered from them trolling threads or someone who keeps over exaggerating every possible chance in numerous threads, and I can't be the only one. CC has had hits and misses just like any company, get over it and move on. Not trying them again based on one piece is foolish, especially when you kept the rex instead of returning it and then claim you were "cheated", it's hilarious.

Stop deflecting, I gave them plenty of criticism in the rex and endo threads. I just get tired of reading all these posts by anti-CC bandwagon jumpers who have never even ordered from them trolling threads or someone who keeps over exaggerating every possible chance in numerous threads, and I can't be the only one. CC has had hits and misses just like any company, get over it and move on. Not trying them again based on one piece is foolish, especially when you kept the rex instead of returning it and then claim you were "cheated", it's hilarious.

Dropping a company after they botched the one and only piece someone ordered is very common, you have to be delusional to think that isn't alright and isn't a regular occurrence in a capitalist economy. I can see you're tired as you clearly won't let any criticism pass anymore, any and all things that possibly paint CC in a bad light is dismissed and the accused as a troll.

Also, what more hilarious than not sending the piece back because of the awful paintjob is how many people are posting in the BO Rex thread with their own attempts to fix the mess, and succeed because you can't go much lower than what came out of the factory. You might as well call them all trolls because they didn't send their piece back but aren't willing to defend the paint.

:lol You're like a little girl. Constantly whining or bit**ing when you don't get your way. Your allegiance to CC is quite hilarious. Your stance is to immediately attack anyone who has something remotely negative to say about Paul or CC. And then you say you hope we're getting paid for our "trolling." That's the pot calling the kettle black. There's numerous examples all over this forum of you getting your feelings hurt because someone says something about CC that you don't like. I own their battle damaged terminator bust, so I have supported this company in the past. You know what I will not continue to support? An owner like Paul that consistently lies to the "fans" and "supporters" and sh**s on other company's work to justify his own, it's down right pathetic. Even more pathetic are these children such as yourself that call adults "trolls" for disagreeing and not supporting that kind of shady business practice.

ironstudios "WHERE’S THE GOAT?" #JurassicPark #IronStudios #ComingSoon

23735226_253093518551698_3377161359262220288_n.jpg

:lol You're like a little girl. Constantly whining or bit**ing when you don't get your way. Your allegiance to CC is quite hilarious. Your stance is to immediately attack anyone who has something remotely negative to say about Paul or CC. And then you say you hope we're getting paid for our "trolling." That's the pot calling the kettle black. There's numerous examples all over this forum of you getting your feelings hurt because someone says something about CC that you don't like. I own their battle damaged terminator bust, so I have supported this company in the past. You know what I will not continue to support? An owner like Paul that consistently lies to the "fans" and "supporters" and sh**s on other company's work to justify his own, it's down right pathetic. Even more pathetic are these children such as yourself that call adults "trolls" for disagreeing and not supporting that kind of shady business practice.
It's not about what I like or dislike, it about what is accurate. Your statements are just dead wrong, as with Bobs reply you compartmentalize everything, I rip them plenty when it is deserving, and yes they haven't been without their issues. It just seems like people want to crusade against them over a couple mistakes for the rest of time and it is ridiculous. I can't abide the trolling they get when they are one of the few producers that are on the forums and most of their pieces are excellent. You seem to be the one getting upset when you don't get your way and have everyone agree with your classless and oversimplified posts, then call me a "little girl" for responding to your BS. It is classic troll behavior, name calling and putting words into my mouth to disguise how ignorant yours sound, I feel sorry for you if you actually believe what you post.

Dropping a company after they botched the one and only piece someone ordered is very common, you have to be delusional to think that isn't alright and isn't a regular occurrence in a capitalist economy. I can see you're tired as you clearly won't let any criticism pass anymore, any and all things that possibly paint CC in a bad light is dismissed and the accused as a troll.

Also, what more hilarious than not sending the piece back because of the awful paintjob is how many people are posting in the BO Rex thread with their own attempts to fix the mess, and succeed because you can't go much lower than what came out of the factory. You might as well call them all trolls because they didn't send their piece back but aren't willing to defend the paint.

Yea, sure, it is your loss if you decide to do that, but if you can just return it I don't see the issue. Alternatively you should wait till it is released to see the owner feedback before you decide, why limit yourself like that?

As for the rex, yes some turned out poorly, nobody it arguing that, it has been pointed out ad-nauseam in that thread. People repainting them were mostly ones that purchased damaged ones specifically to repair and paint. Plus, it happens with every company, some people just want a better than factory job. Ask them how much those paint jobs were, I would wager more than the entire cost of the statue. You can't expect that quality for $500. Yes, we should have gotten better paint on the head from the factory, but who actually is to blame? You really think CC wanted Toynami to paint them like that?

It's not about what I like or dislike, it about what is accurate. Your statements are just dead wrong, as with Bobs reply you compartmentalize everything, I rip them plenty when it is deserving, and yes they haven't been without their issues. It just seems like people want to crusade against them over a couple mistakes for the rest of time and it is ridiculous. I can't abide the trolling they get when they are one of the few producers that are on the forums and most of their pieces are excellent. You seem to be the one getting upset when you don't get your way and have everyone agree with your classless and oversimplified posts, then call me a "little girl" for responding to your BS. It is classic troll behavior, name calling and putting words into my mouth to disguise how ignorant yours sound, I feel sorry for you if you actually believe what you post.

Are you mad? You do act like a little girl, it's okay. You prove it with each whiney ignorant response. You're a keyboard warrior, I get it. You can't backup anything you say and It clearly upsets you when someone has a differing opinion than you. And this isn't the first time you've been in a pissing match with a board member who's said something negative about CC. It's not the lack of quality control that has made me dislike them, if you bothered to read my post you'd see that I said I don't support Paul and his sketchy business practices. They've lied to their customers numerous times and have pulled not one but several bait and switches in mere weeks before a product has shipped. The whole license exclusivity nonsense has just taken their BS to a whole different level of stupidity. And for them to say their going to go after iron studios with "their rights under full extent of the law" is plain sad and pathetic. If you actually believe CC then I feel sorry for you.

Last edited:
Yea, sure, it is your loss if you decide to do that, but if you can just return it I don't see the issue. Alternatively you should wait till it is released to see the owner feedback before you decide, why limit yourself like that?

As for the rex, yes some turned out poorly, nobody it arguing that, it has been pointed out ad-nauseam in that thread. People repainting them were mostly ones that purchased damaged ones specifically to repair and paint. Plus, it happens with every company, some people just want a better than factory job. Ask them how much those paint jobs were, I would wager more than the entire cost of the statue. You can't expect that quality for $500. Yes, we should have gotten better paint on the head from the factory, but who actually is to blame? You really think CC wanted Toynami to paint them like that?

I **** on CC for the paint on the T Rex, not the sculpt. I also made the rookie mistake of preordering from a company where it was unnecessary, mostly because the companies I typically order from don't allow you to buy the products from them after the preorder window closes. So yeah that is completely on me.

I looked through that thread however and it seems a lot of the people did touch ups on the finished product. A lot of the images posted are from people who aren't happy with what they received and did their own personal work, some of them are complete experiments, to try and make it look better. Like I'm doing. That way you get what you wanted without having to double the price of the piece, or give it up for good.

My main issue isn't CC as a whole, just that their Breakout Rex turned out so bad they actually had to admit it. And for what they charged, it was clearly overpriced in the end with those paint jobs. I have ordered resin kits from Dan's Dinosaurs of equivalent size and gotten them custom built and painted for the same price, most often than not they're far lower, and the paint job (and sculpt) is far better.

Of course this is coming from someone who doesn't have any attachment to the license, I realize that's where a lot of the money went and a finished, unlicensed resin kit from a paleontologist isn't necessarily a comparable piece in terms of what people want. It's just what I'm used to and the standard is much much higher for what you pay for when you go that route.

Are you mad? You do act like a little girl, it's okay. You prove it with each whiney ignorant response. You're a keyboard warrior, I get it. You can't backup anything you say and It clearly upsets you when someone has a differing opinion than you. And this isn't the first time you've been in a pissing match with a board member who's said something negative about CC. It's not the lack of quality control that has made me dislike them, if you bothered to read my post you'd see that I said I don't support Paul and his sketchy business practices. They've lied to their customers numerous times and have pulled not one but several bait and switches in mere weeks before a product has shipped. The whole license exclusivity nonsense has just taken their BS to a whole different level of stupidity. And for them to say their going to go after iron studios with "their rights under full extent of the law" is plain sad and pathetic. If you actually believe CC then I feel sorry for you.

Repeating something over and over doesn't make it true, and it's "u mad bro", at least get the meme right if you can't otherwise demonstrate an ability have an intelligent discussion. Hey, if you are near Ohio anytime feel free to stop by if you think I am a "keyboard warrior". I can backup everything I say, and have, you just don't want to listen or possibly can't understand. You act like they are out to get us and conspire against collectors and yet you have no idea what you are talking about. They stated the factory that did the Endo and Toynami with the rex pulled your so called "baid and switches", which even 2 sub-par products out of what 30-40 they have put out doesn't really prove it's their MO like you say. Combined with the fact that you are so ready to condemn them about the license issue really shows a lack of comprehension or some ulterior motive. If you had the exclusive license it would be ludicrous to let a competitor infringe on it.

Repeating something over and over doesn't make it true, and it's "u mad bro", at least get the meme right if you can't otherwise demonstrate an ability have an intelligent discussion. Hey, if you are near Ohio anytime feel free to stop by if you think I am a "keyboard warrior". I can backup everything I say, and have, you just don't want to listen or possibly can't understand. You act like they are out to get us and conspire against collectors and yet you have no idea what you are talking about. They stated the factory that did the Endo and Toynami with the rex pulled your so called "baid and switches", which even 2 sub-par products out of what 30-40 they have put out doesn't really prove it's their MO like you say. Combined with the fact that you are so ready to condemn them about the license issue really shows a lack of comprehension or some ulterior motive. If you had the exclusive license it would be ludicrous to let a competitor infringe on it.

Jesus Christ. So you are upset lol. You've just confirmed the little girl theory. I don't give two sh**s what the "meme" says. Again, it's the pot calling the kettle black. You say I don't have the means to have an intelligent conversation, yet you are the one attacking others including myself saying I'm a troll for having something negative to say about Chronicle. And no, Ohio keyboard warrior bad ass, you haven't backed up anything you've said. You continue to make yourself look like an ass with your ignorant responses. I've stated numerous times why I will not continue to support CC, but you refuse to listen. They've proven time and time again how sketchy they can be and there's plenty of examples on this forum of CC straight up lying to their customers. I can't wait to see CC go after iron studios with the "full extent of the law" for their acquiring of a CC "exclusive" license. It couldn't possibly be because there never was an "exclusive" license and now that another company has it Chronicle doesn't want to compete. :lol Nope. Paul has never lied before. I can't wait to here your whiney fan girl response! :rolleyes2

That really does look incredible. I can't wait to see the full reveal. Any other word on their Ian Malcom?

Back