Statue [Iron Studios] Iron Man Mark XLII

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thank you video sharing. Just can't wait for my piece to arrive.
May I know if u purposely put the IM pose slightly behind? According to movie and prototype photo, it should pose more forward. Its hand should be on the light part, and back leg should be inside the stand instead of at the extended square box. Just curious. Thank you

904385_644770545548616_1370802660_o.jpg

there is a hole where you put the left foot

so, you can rotate iron man's pose 360º

did you understand?

Capturadetela2013-11-02080024_zps4c5b140b.png

I have just opened mine. Actually this one was supposed to be sent to a guy in Florida but I liked the piece so much that I have just ordered another one for myself. This is a very beautiful piece, it has some minor flaws but it is definitely an awesome job by Iron Studios. Anyone who has acquired this Iron Man statue will definitely like it I suppose. Sorry about the crappy pic, my cam is out of reach so I just took a shot with my horrible cel phone.

9PV5edv.jpg

Quick update:

Iron Man Mark XLII 1/4 Scale - Final list!

1- GodofWar-Alberto G. (+ 1 Iron Man, 1 War Machine and 1 Iron Patriot Key Chains) - Contacted via Private message!
2- Ronald G.
3- DVDVampire - David A (+ 2 IM + 2 IP + 2 WM keychain) FULL BALANCE PAID! 8th on the shipping list
4- GodofWar-Alberto G. (Second piece)
5- SpenK Contacted via Private message!
6- Marc-Andre-Drum18 (+1 Iron Man Key Chain) FULL BALANCE PAID! 1st on the shipping list
7- Jye- Ryan L. (+ 2 Iron Man and 1 Iron Patriot Key Chains) FULL BALANCE PAID! 7th on the shipping list
8- Jojo Galang FULL BALANCE PAID! 18th on the shipping list
9- Sen Wei Oon-oonsw05 (+ 2 IM + 2 IP keychain) FULL BALANCE PAID! 5th on the shipping list
10- F. Hernandez-Mr.Zero (+ 2 Iron Man Key Chain) - Contacted via Private message! FULL BALANCE PAID! 15th on the shipping list
11- C. Thomas - traylorc
12- Noctu
13- Thunderlips
14- Joe Ruany
15- Brandon Lam-lamtsunfung (+ 1 Iron Man, 1 War Machine and 1 Iron Patriot Key Chains at $27)
16- Y4NK33 PL4N3T FULL BALANCE PAID! 3rd on the shipping list
17- Kyle Z FULL BALANCE PAID! 19th on the shipping list
18- Wu Tung Lun - Yatyau (+ 2 IM + 2 IP + 2 WM keychain) FULL BALANCE PAID! 12th on the shipping list
19- George Smy (+ 2 IM + 1 IP + 1 WM keychain)
20- George Smy
21- thaistixx FULL BALANCE PAID! 13th on the shipping list
22- Charles/TheMovieManiac FULL BALANCE PAID! 2nd on the shipping list
23- ronald taylor/rocketrey FULL BALANCE PAID! 9th on the shipping list
24- Ensandria Rendrata- Ersa FULL BALANCE PAID! 6th on the shipping list
25- Marc Heinz FULL BALANCE PAID! 10th on the shipping list
26- goh leong /hazzard FULL BALANCE PAID! 11th on the shipping list
27- Robert Bernier / Mad Napper FULL BALANCE PAID! 4th on the shipping list
28- IE Computers / Gagaliya
29- Paolo schiappacasse
30- Saymour Go
31- Saymour Go
32- Danny Chander FULL BALANCE PAID! 20th on the shipping list
33- BarryAllen/ Bobby Trinh
34- Daren Sheng
35- Daren Sheng
36- Daren Sheng
37- Daren Sheng
38- Daren Sheng
39- Daren Sheng
40- Daren Sheng
41- Maxicollector *
42- Maxicollector *
43- PRF *
44- Adriano
45- Keeping these 3 pieces as immediate replacements just in case I get a bad one!
46- Keeping these 3 pieces as immediate replacements just in case I get a bad one!
47- Keeping these 3 pieces as immediate replacements just in case I get a bad one!
48- James Taveggia / Noah* FULL BALANCE PAID! 14th on the shipping list
49- Kantaphong* FULL BALANCE PAID! 16th on the shipping list
50- Kantaphong* FULL BALANCE PAID! 17th on the shipping list

Last edited:
I have just opened mine. Actually this one was supposed to be sent to a guy in Florida but I liked the piece so much that I have just ordered another one for myself. This is a very beautiful piece, it has some minor flaws but it is definitely an awesome job by Iron Studios. Anyone who has acquired this Iron Man statue will definitely like it I suppose. Sorry about the crappy pic, my cam is out of reach so I just took a shot with my horrible cel phone.

9PV5edv.jpg

Can you share what the minor flaws are?

More crappy pics. Finally had the chance to take a better look at him.

gjZdjGX.jpg

voLv3W0.jpg

8PDjZ1J.jpg

BVyjBjg.jpg

0agcmBO.jpg

daFcZ5q.jpg

Rt7pBMc.jpg

Can you share what the minor flaws are?
Well there are some paint issues mostly on armor outlines and some yellow parts of the armor.

qO6fmIv.jpg

zqJCYEE.jpg

AJneyQ1.jpg

It's not something really worrying IMO but I know that some fellow collectors here seek for ultimate perfection and they might end up frustrated with these issues.

Anyway I still think it's a great looking piece and for a 1st statue, Iron Studios has done quite a decent job. The sculpture is perfect.

In some pics the paint looks perfect, others not so much.

The gold looks looks like it really pops in some and in others it appears to look like a mustard-ish color.

Hoping for the best :pray:

Sorry friends, I will be quite boring in my analysis , but I think the fellow should see it before buying the piece .

I saw this play live yesterday and I will give my opinion, is a piece with a beautiful sculpture , the pose was very good and the leds are charm was supposed to be an excellent piece .

But again the Iron Studios ( Pizii Toys ) erred in ugly finish that in my opinion was ridiculous, totally amateur. The problem was the lines throughout the piece were horrible , pies and some parts seem spent the finger and the line was cleared and even spotted the painting .

Of course, you will better understand the issue closely and will the requirement of each collector to care about it or not .

As I said earlier I'm tired of promises , want to see good quality parts . Today I consider Iron Studios ( Pizii Toys) one company crappy , expect them to change my opinion in the next releases but if you continue with this quality will be difficult.

As I said earlier I'm tired of promises , want to see good quality parts . Today I consider Iron Studios ( Pizii Toys) one company crappy , expect them to change my opinion in the next releases but if you continue with this quality will be difficult.

Hi
I have few sideshow statue before, but I see the quality is also same like iron studio, minor minor painting flow, out of line and etc... do u agree?

Agreed that is crappy paint app.

Ricardo did say he would personally inspect the pieces before shipping though.

Hope you don't send me one of these sloppy ones :D

Last edited:
Agreed that is crappy paint app.

Ricardo did day he would personally inspect the pieces before shipping though.

Hope you don't send me one of these sloppy ones :D

No idea if Ricardo can receive some better stock, might be out of his control.

Those sloppy black lines are typically what you get when Chinese painters are let loose on a mass-produced piece. I'm sure that most of the run will have the same rushed look to the detailing, with maybe only a few being significantly better than the rest.

IIRC, Sideshow's Spidey comiquette had quite a few sloppy black lines too, and it was easily possible in that case to tidy them up by removing the ugliest of them with acrylic thinner and re-applying them using a sharpie. Maybe the same could be done with this statue?

Back