Statue [Iron Studios] Iron Man Mark XLII

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No idea if Ricardo can receive some better stock, might be out of his control.

Those sloppy black lines are typically what you get when Chinese painters are let loose on a mass-produced piece. I'm sure that most of the run will have the same rushed look to the detailing, with maybe only a few being significantly better than the rest.

IIRC, Sideshow's Spidey comiquette had quite a few sloppy black lines too, and it was easily possible in that case to tidy them up by removing the ugliest of them with acrylic thinner and re-applying them using a sharpie. Maybe the same could be done with this statue?

You both may be right. I'm holding out hope that this slop job is an anomaly and not the norm.

Definitely requesting Ricardo give mine a thorough eagle eye inspection before setting sail. :lol

Ricardo please also inspect mine. That sloppiness is not acceptable considering how much we paid for it. If they are going to be like this, please cancel mine. Thanks

Have to agree that is not acceptable for nearly $600. If they are all this poor I'd like a refund.

Hoping for the best though.

No idea if Ricardo can receive some better stock, might be out of his control.

Yeah and I'm already feeling bad for the guy. I hope they turn out to the satisfaction of the members here because refunding or exchanging these would be a pain. 1 set of pictures and 3 people are taking about cancellations already... :ohbfrank:

Considering how nitpicking we can get, I don't think this will go down well.

Hi guys

I will open all 50 statues before shipping them. I will inspect for major problems and light up function.
If they all come with this bad black lining I will let you know. It is going to be up to you if you want to proceed with your order or not. I really hope they are not all bad like the one in the pictures.
Same **** happened with SS Spider Comiquette.
They really use the same factory Sideshow uses and same ****ty Quality control inspector!

Hi
I have few sideshow statue before, but I see the quality is also same like iron studio, minor minor painting flow, out of line and etc... do u agree?

those are not minor painting flaws, they look absolutely horrible. Wow...i am shocked, even worse than the original sideshow ground punch comiquette.

hope it's just a one off not the norm, guess we will know soon enough.

Hi guys

I will open all 50 statues before shipping them. I will inspect for major problems and light up function.
If they all come with this bad black lining I will let you know. It is going to be up to you if you want to proceed with your order or not. I really hope they are not all bad like the one in the pictures.
They really use the same factory Sideshow uses and same ****ty Quality control inspector!

Thanks Ricardo you rock :rock

Hi guys

Thanks Ricardo :rock

Last edited:
When I get mine, I saw 4 pieces live and chose the least worst. I ended up taking to honor the pre-order for consideration and to Rodolfo, who had the greatest patience in the world by opening the sealed boxes ...

In my exhibitor until it was pretty cool. The flaws do not appear either.

However, it is a piece that should be appreciated from afar, because if you get close, you see the gross failure of paint and lose the charm ... And this to me is a contradiction, since we pay for a piece extremely detailed for not being able to appreciate their details.

It's really a shame! The play had a lot of potential, but the paint messed up. The black lines are a horror, the tone of yellow is wrong, and the 4 pieces I've seen live, some had brush marks and irregularities in the painting of the yellow and red parts.

Who sold this piece for foreigners should be with the asterisk in hand now! The guys are very demanding and paid $ 500 obamas ...

The gringos are very demanding. For any little thing beast, they've broken the piece and ask for replacement Sideshow. Ricardo Feitoza knows what that is. Now he is in the role of Sideshow. ohrly

The gringos lmao!! cadera having to open 4 to get one in that shape don't sound very good. Reminds me of the IM maquette all over again!

The gringos are very demanding. For any little thing beast, they've broken the piece and ask for replacement Sideshow. Ricardo Feitoza knows what that is. Now he is in the role of Sideshow. ohrly

Post of the year !!!

First review in portuguese:

https://toyreview.com.br/ironmanlegacyreplicareview/

iron_man_mark_42_iron_studios_legacy_replica_toyreview-com-1.jpg

iron_man_mark_42_iron_studios_legacy_replica_toyreview-com-2.jpg

iron_man_mark_42_iron_studios_legacy_replica_toyreview-com-3.jpg

iron_man_mark_42_iron_studios_legacy_replica_toyreview-com-4.jpg

iron_man_mark_42_iron_studios_legacy_replica_toyreview-com-5.jpg

iron_man_mark_42_iron_studios_legacy_replica_toyreview-com-6.jpg

iron_man_mark_42_iron_studios_legacy_replica_toyreview-com-7.jpg

iron_man_mark_42_iron_studios_legacy_replica_toyreview-com-8.jpg

iron_man_mark_42_iron_studios_legacy_replica_toyreview-com-9.jpg