Statue [Iron Studios] Iron Man Mark XLII

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I truly think that with this piece not one statue is painted the same. I purchased mine a few days ago for around $260 and the paint app isn't actually that bad on mine. However, where I feel let down is the how different the shades of colour are to the actual prototype. Hence, I will be repainting mine in the next week or two to hopefully make the red more darker and the gold less yellow and more metallic....fingers crossed :panic::panic:

5ysyvyje.jpg

However, now that I have mine in hand, as a whole, this statue is superbly made in my opinion. The pose is pure win and is up there with anything Sideshow have released so far for any Iron Man collectible...and the base and light up features just look fantastic

That side by side really shows how disappointing the final paint came out. That's just crappy that the proto and final product are so far apart in paint quantity.

Congrats Andy! Looks like you got a good one.

Can't wait to see your repaint!

Thanks Eric :1-1: it's Iron Man after all so I couldn't miss out on this one :lol joking aside, I initially ordered it through a local retailer but soon cancelled due to,the rediculously high price! At $260 it was a no brainer :yess: wish me luck buddy...not sure I can get 100% close to the proto but I'll definately give it a good go :exactly:

That side by side really shows how disappointing the final paint came out. That's just crappy that the proto and final product are so far apart in paint quantity.

:exactly: shame isn't it. The proto looks perfect colour scheme wise :(

Thanks Eric :1-1: it's Iron Man after all so I couldn't miss out on this one :lol joking aside, I initially ordered it through a local retailer but soon cancelled due to,the rediculously high price! At $260 it was a no brainer :yess: wish me luck buddy...not sure I can get 100% close to the proto but I'll definately give it a good go :exactly:

Yup, great price for a good IM 1/4! Redoing the gold will make a world of difference, you may not even need to do the red.

Yup, great price for a good IM 1/4! Redoing the gold will make a world of difference, you may not even need to do the red.

It really is a top notch 1/4 collectible Eric, your right! :goodpost: I wasvt expecting it to look as cool as it did when I turned those lights on...I was like...sweeeeeeet! :lol

The gold definately needs toning down to almost a neutral gold and needs to be more metallic looking. Why the hell they chose the gold colour they did is beyond me :dunno the red is a little too bright for my liking and needs to be a touch darker so I'll need to do a lot of testing before I get to work :pray::thud:

For 260$, you got a real deal.
That's where it disgust me... paid 2.5x that price and the yellowish paint just keeps bugging me...

The pose is Wow... but the paint color... I can live with some defects, but it's really the tone... :(

I truly think that with this piece not one statue is painted the same. I purchased mine a few days ago for around $260 and the paint app isn't actually that bad on mine. However, where I feel let down is the how different the shades of colour are to the actual prototype. Hence, I will be repainting mine in the next week or two to hopefully make the red more darker and the gold less yellow and more metallic....fingers crossed :panic::panic:

5ysyvyje.jpg

However, now that I have mine in hand, as a whole, this statue is superbly made in my opinion. The pose is pure win and is up there with anything Sideshow have released so far for any Iron Man collectible...and the base and light up features just look fantastic

After seeing the comparison, I should say. Don't ever buy anything from this company again. Too far too different between the two. I feel bad for those who were disappointed with the product.

After seeing the comparison, I should say. Don't ever buy anything from this company again. Too far too different between the two. I feel bad for those who were disappointed with the product.

Then you won't be collecting anything from Sideshow, Hot Toys & Enterbay b/c they have all been guilty of this as well. This is IS first release, maybe cut them some slack and see if they can step their game up now that they've got criticism from their prospective customer base.

For 260$, you got a real deal.
That's where it disgust me... paid 2.5x that price and the yellowish paint just keeps bugging me...

The pose is Wow... but the paint color... I can live with some defects, but it's really the tone... :(

Thanks Marc, yea...it was the only way I was gonna purchase this dude and lucky for me the chance came along. Now I've seen it inhand, I absolutely love the pose and it's not until you have the piece in front of you and turn on the light up feature that you feel like...'hey, now that's cool!' :exactly:

That's the thing I was trying to explain. Not every one of these statues has the same noticeable flaws in regards to sloppy paintwork or bad lines. Mine seems to be fine with one or two minor examples of this I'd say. It's just the darn colour scheme that seems to be the major issue with everyone who has this as it's so different from the proto. I think someone mentioned before on this thread that when is a production piece ever identical to a proto...I'd agree with that but not to the point where the changes of colour are so noticeable and inaccurate...:dunno if Iron Studios had maintained the accuracy shown as per their proto then boy, we'd be calling this the Iron Man collectible of 2013 :exactly:

Still a bit harsh to say never buy from them again after just one release...maybe wait for their next few releases and listen out for feedback from future customers. If by the third or fourth release your hearing of the same kind of issues such as poor paint apps, drastic difference of appearance on production piece, etc...then I'd say you had good foundations to not want to go anywhere near this company again.

Like I was saying, the actual statue of the MK42 is actually a great piece, just the execution of colour scheme or in some cases paint application seems to have let it down :( and I'm sure every company including Sideshow, have had the same kind of issues on various occasions...

Then you won't be collecting anything from Sideshow, Hot Toys & Enterbay b/c they have all been guilty of this as well. This is IS first release, maybe cut them some slack and see if they can step their game up now that they've got criticism from their prospective customer base.

Sometimes you have to be very criticial on them. If Sideshow, Hot toys, Enterbay or any other companies don't deliver like what they advertise, I won't buy them for sure. It's false/misleading advertisement. If they use the right image for advertising, I wouldn't complain because at least they deliver like what they shown. But the gap differences between those two image is too large. Mainly the paints, but I also see the base is not even the same. I am being very harsh criticism. It's a tough world we live in here.

PS my comment is based on those two pictures comparison btw.

Sometimes you have to be very criticial on them. If Sideshow, Hot toys, Enterbay or any other companies don't deliver like what they advertise, I won't buy them for sure. It's false/misleading advertisement. If they use the right image for advertising, I wouldn't complain because at least they deliver like what they shown. But the gap differences between those two image is too large. Mainly the paints, but I also see the base is not even the same. I am being very harsh criticism. It's a tough world we live in here.

PS my comment is based on those two pictures comparison btw.

Hi buddy, how is the base not the same? I can't see much difference from the proto base? :dunno

Nice display DVD! :clap

I'm pretty sure it's true 1/4. I have mine displayed right next to the 1/4 Sideshow Stealth Comiquette and they're pretty much identical in size. :)

Hi Guys

I have sent PMs again about the Key chains. If you do not reply I will assume you do not want to keep your order!

He didn't buy it direct from the company. He bought it from a reseller, and the buyer didn't ask for pictures before making the purchase.

actually i did asked for some pictures and he sent it to me. but he showed the picture of the statue as a whole and obviously i cant judge the paint app from the picture alone.

actually im trusting him to double check the item before shipping and he agreed to do so.

even he claimed to have replaced the statue that is supposed to be sent to me with his own personal collection, because the previous one has lots of defects. he said the replacement is PERFECT! thats why im so annoyed.

Fyi, this is day 4-5 since i got his last email promising me to solve the problem, havent heard from him since.. :slap

Yeah, I hear ya. The production piece almost looks like a knockoff of the prototype.

actually i did asked for some pictures and he sent it to me. but he showed the picture of the statue as a whole and obviously i cant judge the paint app from the picture alone.

actually im trusting him to double check the item before shipping and he agreed to do so.

even he claimed to have replaced the statue that is supposed to be sent to me with his own personal collection, because the previous one has lots of defects. he said the replacement is PERFECT! thats why im so annoyed.

Fyi, this is day 4-5 since i got his last email promising me to solve the problem, havent heard from him since.. :slap

I see. At any rate I hope you get a refund or replacement bc this piece is awesome for any IM fan.

I had this ordered from a different supplier in Brazil . I was asking for photos of my piece before shipping since there have been so many issues or refund my deposit. They never sent a photo, I just had a refunded Paypal payment with an apology on the quality of the statues. They lot they received must of been bad if they couldn't find one worth trying to photograph and email. Guess I'll just wait for SS to release something.

Back