Statue Iron Studios Hulk statue 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry but to which seams are you guys referring to? Or rather to which photos?

I noticed a seam on the Lou F headsculpt photo. But I've certainly seen far worse. Those being Sideshows Hulk and Killer Croc pieces. Because as we all know it's quite difficult to obscure the seams on bodies that are without clothing etc.

marvel-hulk-statue-iron-studios-903768-05.jpg
marvel-hulk-statue-iron-studios-903768-12.jpg

Good thing those are the two head sculpt nobody will use anyways :lol

Having said that.. The other two have something going on around the seam also..

Nothing that is a major issue but its there.

With the coh option, I'm not quite sure how they could be improved. At least not with the current 'neck' sculpt. As I said previously these are relatively minor compared to other coh seams I've seen from Sideshow.

This photo is hysterical.
It look's like Quasimodo with his hump.

Attachments

• 20181227_140348.jpg
    20181227_140348.jpg
    807.1 KB · Views: 111
Iron Studios overall just seems to have an artistic design I don’t care much for. I’ve seen very, very few things of theirs that I would ever consider buying.

Wow, that's a tiny ES for such a popular character.

This piece is gigantic. And not particularly well liked by the community. Bet the ES took a massive hit. Does prove how overpriced SS Juggernaut is though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edition sizes for Iron Studio 1/4 pieces have never really been all that high.

I believe the Spider-Man may have been 1000-1500 pieces, and we all know how that turned out. Their AOU pieces are a bit iffy due to their two runs adding 181 & 204 to IM & Cap, but their more recent pieces other than Vader which had an edition size of 1000, have been relatively low for their Civil War line of 470 for Black Panther, 350 for Falcon, Bucky, Cap and 300 for the Mark 46.

Though the new Thanos has an edition size of 850 and Iron Spider of 730, which did surprise me given the downward trajectory.

If this was movie Hulk I'd be all over this.... unfortunately this version is not for me. Shame they didn't release more Avengers 1/4 scale pieces.

I can't lie I'm starting to dig this statue. I wasn't feeling it at first but the more I look at it, the more I'm liking it. Yeah the skin texture is a bit much (but may not look to bad in person, the pictures are very close up), 2 of the heads are way to small and the missile is a bit odd, but I like the size, weight, paint work and overall look of it. May be the best comic Hulk statue I've ever seen. But, $1299.99 is a lot of money, and since I'm looking to move from NY to Florida this might be too much for me to cart with me so unfortunately I'm not going to be able to buy it. I will be envious of those who do buy it.

When you can list all kinds of issues with a statue and then tell yourself it might not look that bad in person chances are it will. I talked myself into buying the XM Hulk years ago doing the same thing. It looks just as crappy in person as it does in the photos.

I can't lie I'm starting to dig this statue. I wasn't feeling it at first but the more I look at it, the more I'm liking it. Yeah the skin texture is a bit much (but may not look to bad in person, the pictures are very close up), 2 of the heads are way to small and the missile is a bit odd, but I like the size, weight, paint work and overall look of it. May be the best comic Hulk statue I've ever seen. But, $1299.99 is a lot of money, and since I'm looking to move from NY to Florida this might be too much for me to cart with me so unfortunately I'm not going to be able to buy it. I will be envious of those who do buy it.

Price has officially scared me off.. I really like it but don't 100% love it and that is an issue with the statue at this price.

When you can list all kinds of issues with a statue and then tell yourself it might not look that bad in person chances are it will. I talked myself into buying the XM Hulk years ago doing the same thing. It looks just as crappy in person as it does in the photos.

Oh man.. SO true.. Been there and done that. Not with XM Hulk but other pieces that you think will look better in person.

Having said that.. I think this piece looks pretty good overall.. Just that damn missile.

Back