Statue Iron Studios Captain America (Age of Ultron)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine arrived base destroyed and captain damaged. So disappointed to lay down this much cash with it arriving damaged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It really comes down to the packaging, not the build quality of the statue. There's just too much play between the styrofoam and the pieces. Not enough paper wrapping to cushion and absorb damage. When I turned my box over, I could hear the thuds inside. Fortunately for me, mine arrived perfectly fine. They probably didn't expect these pieces to be shipped far out of Brazil. It is a shame though, but extra padding and bubble wrap will resolve the new shipments out. Good luck to those still waiting, and good luck to resolve the ones with issues.

It really comes down to the packaging, not the build quality of the statue. There's just too much play between the styrofoam and the pieces. Not enough paper wrapping to cushion and absorb damage. When I turned my box over, I could hear the thuds inside. Fortunately for me, mine arrived perfectly fine. They probably didn't expect these pieces to be shipped far out of Brazil. It is a shame though, but extra padding and bubble wrap will resolve the new shipments out. Good luck to those still waiting, and good luck to resolve the ones with issues.

Yep. I had a pouch broken off mine, but it was so perfectly broken in a way that made gluing it on with no visible difference very easy...thankfully!

It constantly amazes me that with prices the way they are now companies continue to skimp on better packing that would add nominal cost to each statue. I feel for everyone who has, or might still, receive a broken Cap. Yeah, money is not an issue as it will be rectified eventually, but it is still heartbreaking.

Mine arrived base destroyed and captain damaged. So disappointed to lay down this much cash with it arriving damaged.

Ugh. Wow... So what happens next for you, then? You have to ship it back to be fixed, or do you just get a partial refund?

No, haven't got mine yet. But people are posting photos of the broken bases they're receiving. Looks like the seller is going to try to add extra packing to help minimize the risk of damage (which shouldn't be necessary IMO - I wonder if Iron Studios didn't do a good enough job?).

It definitely has me worried, though. This is the most expensive item I've ever bought, and it sounds like Iron Studios might not do replacements - they may require that you send the item back to be fixed, which would be a huge hassle considering a lot of us buyers are in the US/UK. But I haven't read any confirmation of that - it's just what some people were saying.

Thanks for the update. If this is the case, I'm just wondering if there's any international collectors receiving them in good condition?
I'm worried with mine then.

Congrats Andy. Looks killer.

Have a Happy New Year guys :) just some pics of mine aswell as an easy mod on fixing the shield position when on the back :)

Easily one of the best movie statues ever made...can't fault it whatsoever. Again, like the MK43, this piece is actually slightly bigger than 1/4 scale which is great news for those wanting to display these two with the ECC Hulk...can't wait! :)

Congrats to all that have this piece coming...your in for a treat! :rock

7ee2a26aff4eb550ac3ad09b00bc1ff3.jpg

7f13abe9f824a1b271f34d6a72099008.jpg

3df63cb2839c3e93f9958a65f3c9292c.jpg

For those of us who ordered it from overseas, I wonder if it suffered damage from going through customs. Maybe they didnt put it back right or they damaged it themselves

For those of us who ordered it from overseas, I wonder if it suffered damage from going through customs. Maybe they didnt put it back right or they damaged it themselves

It sounds like the problem is more with Iron Studios' packaging.

It's kind of a bummer. Instead of looking forward to this with anticipation, I'm now scared for it to arrive!

It sounds like the problem is more with Iron Studios' packaging.

It's kind of a bummer. Instead of looking forward to this with anticipation, I'm now scared for it to arrive!
I agree. I just saw pics on facebook, appears they did a poor job at packaging. I hope mine arrives ok. They better offer full refunds if it does not.

I agree. I just saw pics on facebook, appears they did a poor job at packaging. I hope mine arrives ok. They better offer full refunds if it does not.

Yeah, I haven't heard confirmation yet on what options are available if we receive a broken product (return & refund, keep & partial refund, send back for repairs, etc etc).

Apparently they can replace it but they have to produce it then ship to Brazil then to you so it's a very lengthy process

Have a Happy New Year guys :) just some pics of mine aswell as an easy mod on fixing the shield position when on the back :)

Easily one of the best movie statues ever made...can't fault it whatsoever. Again, like the MK43, this piece is actually slightly bigger than 1/4 scale which is great news for those wanting to display these two with the ECC Hulk...can't wait! :)

Congrats to all that have this piece coming...your in for a treat! :rock

7ee2a26aff4eb550ac3ad09b00bc1ff3.jpg

7f13abe9f824a1b271f34d6a72099008.jpg

3df63cb2839c3e93f9958a65f3c9292c.jpg

Beautiful piece Andy! Nice work on the shield adjustment as well, the excitement is building for mine arriving!

Beautiful piece Andy! Nice work on the shield adjustment as well, the excitement is building for mine arriving!

Really appreciate that bro! Thanks :) I look forward to seeing your set up once yours arrives :)

BTW, ive recieved a few PM's from those wanting to know how to do the shield modification. It's really simple and all you need to get is a small magnet which attaches onto the already existing magnet which is situated on Caps back...here's a pic to help you guys out and to achieve the perfect Cap look :)

b93c3ddcfd85377e174434c7605f96ad.jpg

e384d0a6bdb1942960f7bfa3f1117399.jpg

this is just exquisite sculpting and painting. so happy that there are only few pieces that get to this level otherwise I'd definitely be broke.

Really appreciate that bro! Thanks :) I look forward to seeing your set up once yours arrives :)

BTW, ive recieved a few PM's from those wanting to know how to do the shield modification. It's really simple and all you need to get is a small magnet which attaches onto the already existing magnet which is situated on Caps back...here's a pic to help you guys out and to achieve the perfect Cap look :)

b93c3ddcfd85377e174434c7605f96ad.jpg

e384d0a6bdb1942960f7bfa3f1117399.jpg

Back