Statue Iron Studios Captain America (Age of Ultron)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol no...i was reffering to the 1/3 scale Avengers 2 Hulk Cinemaquette which will probably cost around the $2K mark. As for the Iron Studios Captain America and iron Man 1/4 scale statues, there has been no indication of price as of yet

Oh ok ...got it. Lol

You are right Ink. My guess is in between US$500 and US$600. I really do not think it will be more than US$600.

Yikes! That's still in the $1750 Brazilian Real range. That still seems a little much. Unless, these are really priced for the US market.

Showboat

I sell Iron Studios statues since the Iron Man Mark 42 1/4 fiasco. They have stepped up a lot their game. QC improved a lot and It is better than Sideshow's for sure as Sideshow QC is near zero right now.
Quality wise last products released (Avengers 1 Diorama) are nice but not even close to XM Studios. I own Magneto and Captain America.
I have seen the new prototypes of the 2015 line. I can honestly say that the AOU 1/6 Hulk Vs Hulkbuster Diorama pieces are at least Sideshow quality and the AOU Iron Man Mark XLIII and the Captain America 1/4 statues are near XM quality. I just hope they can delivery a production piece with 90% of the prototype quality.

Yikes! That's still in the $1750 Brazilian Real range. That still seems a little much. Unless, these are really priced for the US market.

Brother you really have no idea of prices here in Brazil. We normally pay R$2500-3000 (Brazilian reais) for a regular Sideshow Premium Format Statue. That is near US$1000. Bigger and more expensive PFs like the Gladiator Hulk and Apocalypse PF are near R$4000. So if the new line of 1/4 statues from Iron Studios cost only R$1750 (US$600), brazilian collectors will do a big party to celebrate it.
I paid near US$2000 just in customs fees getting XM Magneto here in Brazil.
Not to mention shipping costs. Importing a big statue like Hulk Maquette or Apocalypse PF cost us around US$180 for USPS Priority Mail service and it takes almost a month to have it delivered here.

Showboat

I sell Iron Studios statues since the Iron Man Mark 42 1/4 fiasco. They have stepped up a lot their game. QC improved a lot and It is better than Sideshow's for sure as Sideshow QC is near zero right now.
Quality wise last products released (Avengers 1 Diorama) are nice but not even close to XM Studios. I own Magneto and Captain America.
I have seen the new prototypes of the 2015 line. I can honestly say that the AOU 1/6 Hulk Vs Hulkbuster Diorama pieces are at least Sideshow quality and the AOU Iron Man Mark XLIII and the Captain America 1/4 statues are near XM quality. I just hope they can delivery a production piece with 90% of the prototype quality.

Thanks Ricardo for the informative reply.

Brother you really have no idea of prices here in Brazil. We normally pay R$2500-3000 (Brazilian reais) for a regular Sideshow Premium Format Statue. That is near US$1000. Bigger and more expensive PFs like the Gladiator Hulk and Apocalypse PF are near R$4000. So if the new line of 1/4 statues from Iron Studios cost only R$1750 (US$600), brazilian collectors will do a big party to celebrate it.
I paid near US$2000 just in customs fees getting XM Magneto here in Brazil.
Not to mention shipping costs. Importing a big statue like Hulk Maquette or Apocalypse PF cost us around US$180 for USPS Priority Mail service and it takes almost a month to have it delivered here.

I'm just trying to reason this out, so bear with with me.

I understand its expensive to buy from SSC and XM. That's because they use their currency to develop their statues and they price them accordingly. A 1/4 scale statue from XM is about SGD $899 and from SSC is about $599. So yea, in Brazilian Real, that's very expensive.

My point is this. Iron Studios is developing their statues in Brazil using their currency (the Real), so they should price them according to what it cost to make them in Brazil. Why does it sound like these IS statues cost $1750 Brazilian Real because that equates to $600 USD? Am I missing something in how these statues are made that warrant a $1750 Brazilian Real price tag? Are these statues made outside of Brazil?

I'm not being an ass, I'm just trying to understand. Apologies if I'm offending anyone.

I'm just trying to reason this out, so bear with with me.

I understand its expensive to buy from SSC and XM. That's because they use their currency to develop their statues and they price them accordingly. A 1/4 scale statue from XM is about SGD $899 and from SSC is about $599. So yea, in Brazilian Real, that's very expensive.

My point is this. Iron Studios is developing their statues in Brazil using their currency (the Real), so they should price them according to what it cost to make them in Brazil. Why does it sound like these IS statues cost $1750 Brazilian Real because that equates to $600 USD? Am I missing something in how these statues are made that warrant a $1750 Brazilian Real price tag? Are these statues made outside of Brazil?

I'm not being an ass, I'm just trying to understand. Apologies if I'm offending anyone.
Ricardo explained it before:
Iron Studios make the design, but then, their products are made in China. When the items gets to Brazil for being distributed, they are charged 100% in customs fees, so that makes the price skyrocket (for us), but it's still wayyyy cheaper for Brazilians collectors.

For us, we have to consider another 100-200$ US in shipping since Brazilians post pricing is not cheap.

So IS is charged customs fees when the statues reach Brazil ...and foreign collectors absorb that cost, but not Brazilian collectors?

Thanks for filling me in.

So IS is charged customs fees when the statues reach Brazil ...and foreign collectors absorb that cost, but not Brazilian collectors?

Hum... no. Both are absorbing.
When SSC receive theirs stuff from China, maybe they pay taxes or import, but NOTHING like 100% like in Brazil.

My explanation was just to "justify" why prices for Iron Studios are sooo expensive when compared to SSC. XM studios prices are even higher, BUT the QC is much better from what we've seen yet...

Good explanation Drum18.

Customs fees are charged on every statue that comes into Brazil. So you guys will have to pay as the statues are shipped from Brazil because of license is only for brazilian sales and we also pay the same customs fees. When you say its cheaper for us It is because Sideshow and other statues are much more expensive than Iron Studios here in Brazil because we still have to pay shipping cost. It is the oposite with you guys because you have to pay shipping on top of Iron Studios prices, then it becomes expensive. It is just like when you buy XM stuff. It s cheap if you live in Asia but once you live out of that area shipping cost is a killer.

This company should move to Cuba or somewhere else, none of latinamerican country has such crazy high custom fee like Brazil.

Hopefully they meticulously inspect every statue's paint up and QC every piece for this release. This statue as amazing as it in prototype form could really put this company on the map if it's done correctly and matches XM in quality as far as prototype matching to production.

Hopefully they meticulously inspect every statue's paint up and QC every piece for this release. This statue as amazing as it in prototype form could really put this company on the map if it's done correctly and matches XM in quality as far as prototype matching to production.

I think Ricardo checks the statue before he ships, I have seen FB picture of him laying out the Avengers dios.

Roberto do you think that IS could ever match xm in terms of total quality?. Let say for example if the new IS Captain America and Iron man have decent paint jobs, could you see them comparing to or even exceeding xm quality wise and value for money? I dont own a xm piece so I dont know how xm compares with sideshow and pcs.

Do i think that IS could ever match XM in regards to total quality? At present i would say no, not yet....BUT my good friend Ricardo has seen some of the newly announced pieces such as the Avengers 2 MK43 and Captain America 1/4 scale pieces up close and he thinks that the conditioning of these prototypes are certainly within touching distance of anything that XM has produced so that is promising news indeed. However, one thing you must consider is the transition from prototype to production and with XM, the production sometimes exceeds even the prototype :horror we've seen this for example with their Iron Man MK42...so whether Iron Studios can indeed match the prototype is the big question and i for one am hoping they do :)

Captain America won't be $600 will he? Amazing pieces, all of your work. Would definatley be interested, but not for that price.

Captain America won't be $600 will he? Amazing pieces, all of your work. Would definatley be interested, but not for that price.

I think thats a pretty realistic price range bro...might come under $600 if your lucky but if IS can maintain the high levels of the proto shown in the pics then expect it to be around that margin $550-600

Good explanation Drum18.

Customs fees are charged on every statue that comes into Brazil. So you guys will have to pay as the statues are shipped from Brazil because of license is only for brazilian sales and we also pay the same customs fees. When you say its cheaper for us It is because Sideshow and other statues are much more expensive than Iron Studios here in Brazil because we still have to pay shipping cost. It is the oposite with you guys because you have to pay shipping on top of Iron Studios prices, then it becomes expensive. It is just like when you buy XM stuff. It s cheap if you live in Asia but once you live out of that area shipping cost is a killer.

It happen to Asia if we wanted to buy anything from US / Euro. Shipping is more expensive than that statue sometime

Back