Statue Iron Studios Captain America (Age of Ultron)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The other 1/4 stuff I have is Sideshow Wolverine, Sideshow Deadpool and Sideshow Cap (Allied Charge).

Those are all comics based, so side by side comparison wouldn't really help. Wondering if sideshow Thor dark world would go well with this. The pose the upcoming sideshow AoU Hulk is in would go great with cap, but the prototype head sculpt looks bad IMO.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Hmm, in that case I guess I can just put some glue on it and push it back in.... Can't see any of the damage once it's in the body.... I was worried it was suppose to be taken out and if that was the case then If I ever sold him I would lose money from the chips...

well then that's an easy fix..

I wonder if it will fit the STRIKE version by SS.

the detail in the suit still amazes me that it's painted and not fabric. This one will be hard to top.

Guys, might need some of the advice from here. Planning to order from secretcompass but was first timer ordering from them.

How does their packaging comes about? Isit sturdy?

Man, this statue turned out absolutely amazing. If this was a classic comic Cap, I'd have been all over it. I just don't collect movie version statues. Congrats to all of you that picked this one up though...no doubt it's a special piece.

I love the sculpt of Cap. Even with the broken base I was still able to prop it up. It brings a smile to my face when I see it, every single time. Seller is supposed to give me a base swap as soon as they get more in stock. Considering just asking for partial refund and fix the damn thing myself.
The base is sturdy, just poorly constructed. It would have been much better as two pieces with the turret having a "male" piece that inserted into the part with the log, or vice versa. Also, the back of the turret part was sculpted with jagged edges that come close to touching Cap's back leg when you put him on the base. Not happy at all considering the price. That's amateur hour bull ****.

Guys, might need some of the advice from here. Planning to order from secretcompass but was first timer ordering from them.

these aren't shipping from them, they get their stock from someone else over seas, but whoever that is put in a little extra effort as they added bubble wrap to my base to insure no breakage. I got mine from them with no problems. They are aware of the base issue.

I love the sculpt of Cap. Even with the broken base I was still able to prop it up. It brings a smile to my face when I see it, every single time. Seller is supposed to give me a base swap as soon as they get more in stock. Considering just asking for partial refund and fix the damn thing myself.
The base is sturdy, just poorly constructed. It would have been much better as two pieces with the turret having a "male" piece that inserted into the part with the log, or vice versa. Also, the back of the turret part was sculpted with jagged edges that come close to touching Cap's back leg when you put him on the base. Not happy at all considering the price. That's amateur hour bull ****.

Interesting. I thought there would be no extra bases for replacements?

Mine is in the US now. Hope it arrives in one piece!

Interesting. I thought there would be no extra bases for replacements?

Mine is in the US now. Hope it arrives in one piece!

I got mine from a store in the US and they had sold several before my purchase. Honestly, I believe it was USPS that damaged the base, but no way to prove that. They've already approved my partial refund through PayPal and I'm going to repair the base best I can.

Where is yours coming from?

I purchased mine through Secret Compass and received my statue a couple days ago. It was shipped directly from Brazil, and had heavy brown paper wrapped around the brown shipper box, with the art box just inside that (with a plastic bag around the art box). While mine didn't have any bubble wrap added around any of the parts inside the hard foam casing, it came almost 100% intact. One of the pouches on the back of his belt was cleanly broken off at the glue point and was easily glued back in place (no actual damage to the parts themselves or the paint).

I am VERY pleased with the statue, and with the customer service I received from Shane along the way. He responded to all my emails quickly and professionally. I would definitely recommend them if you are still on the fence.

I got mine from a store in the US and they had sold several before my purchase. Honestly, I believe it was USPS that damaged the base, but no way to prove that. They've already approved my partial refund through PayPal and I'm going to repair the base best I can.

Where is yours coming from?

Brazil! :)

Good! Hopefully your base was wrapped up tighter than mine and survives shipping. I still think anyone who owns the statue should be cautious with the base because of the way it's made.

Also, the head sculpt is great but you need good lighting. Without it his face looks a little thin.

For those that have him. When mounting the shields on Steves back, is it connected by one or two magnets like his arm?
Can someone uplaod a profile pic of the shield on his back please.

Back