Iron Studios 1/4 Yoda (ESB)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't remind us......

I'm hoping that we get a good result :pray:

I hope everyone here gets what they want:). I haven't ordered anything yet. I was just looking at the Sideshow again and was just reminded that resin is the material used and the weight is 15 pounds. The IS 1/4 is 20 pounds and made of polystone. Draw whatever conclusion you want from that. I know what I would rather have.

I think I am just going to trust that I have three statues from Iron Studios and none have disappointed. Their paint apps are top of the line.

I hope everyone here gets what they want:). I haven't ordered anything yet. I was just looking at the Sideshow again and was just reminded that resin is the material used and the weight is 15 pounds. The IS 1/4 is 20 pounds and made of polystone. Draw whatever conclusion you want from that. I know what I would rather have.

I think I am just going to trust that I have three statues from Iron Studios and none have disappointed. Their paint apps are top of the line.

Just keep in mind that everything is pretty much a resin. Polystone is a glorified resin with sand type material added in.

I have 32 odd pieces from Iron Studios across 1/4 (11) 1/6 (8) and 1/10 (13) scales, and their paint can be a little hit or miss. Usually the paint on the actual figures are great, but for whatever reason the paint application on their bases can be more miss than hit

And this piece is primarily base :dunno

I have 32 odd pieces from Iron Studios across 1/4 (11) 1/6 (8) and 1/10 (13) scales, and their paint can be a little hit or miss. Usually the paint on the actual figures are great, but for whatever reason the paint application on their bases can be more miss than hit

And this pieces is primarily base :dunno

I have IS 1/4s Cap, Winter Soldier, and Vader. I liked all the bases but the Winter Soldier one was huge and could have benefitted from more paint shading. They do seem to have put a lot of work into Yoda's base on the proto. My experience has been that IS production pieces are terrific reproductions of the protos, I wish I could always say the same for Sideshow.

So disappointed - the face is horrid. It looked so good in the initial prototype photos :(

Overrall it's a really nice piece. It does suck that you're essentially paying more for the base than Yoda himself. I do wish they would've made him look more like the puppet as opposed to making him "realistic." The box they included with the lightsaber is neat touch also.

I like the execution of this piece. The base is really well thought out with part of the X-wing showing and the chest with a holocron and his lightsaber. However, the price is the feature that turns me off to this. Yoda himself is a very small part of this and I can't justify spending that much on more of a base than a character.

Where did you hear that?

I thought it was clear from the picture below, but I guess I should have not jumped to conclusion without an official statement from IS. :/

yoda.jpg

i like it a lot too but cant pay this. It should have been around 400.

No way was the price ever going to be that low. Not from Iron Studios anyway.

Do you know of any company that does fully solid casts? I don't.

I agree. Most of the statues we get now are hollow in places. Which is done for reasons such as weight, and to prevent damage during transit etc.

But I think what the poster was implying was that the figure itself is going to be on the fairly light side and be more hollow than most.

Agree! Nice statue, but you are mostly paying for the base. If the total statue is just under 12 inches, I'd estimate Yoda is only five inches tall.

That's why I could never collect the 1/6 Hot Toy of this. Just too damn small. Which is why I hope the legendary scale version comes out okay. And I'm not nearly as picky as a lot of Star Wars collectors.

I like the execution of this piece. The base is really well thought out with part of the X-wing showing and the chest with a holocron and his lightsaber. However, the price is the feature that turns me off to this. Yoda himself is a very small part of this and I can't justify spending that much on more of a base than a character.

I really do like the base. And if I wasn't getting the Legendary scale, I may have considered getting this. As imo the base tells a story of the history of the character himself. And as a collector of Prime 1 pieces etc, I can appreciate larger than necessary bases, and honestly I'm okay with the price.

Back