Iron Studios 1/4 Yoda (ESB)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:exactly:

This is a nice looking piece. But... it just doesn't give me the same "Holy crap, I NEED to buy this right now" feeling that their Vader did, the instant I saw it.
Their Vader is really gonna be hard to follow.

same here ....well cant/need everything either :lol

Agreed with everyone else.

Their Vader will be very difficult to follow.

Holding judgement until I see a full reveal. The new photo has me thinking his robe looks too pristine.

He’s way too wrinkly and face looks to humanoid. Almost has a Trump look. Green is off too and yes robe looks too clean and tight fitting.

He’s way too wrinkly and face looks to humanoid. Almost has a Trump look. Green is off too and yes robe looks too clean and tight fitting.

Have to say I totally agree with this. Instead of making it look like the puppet it seems they took some "artistic" liberties with the head sculpt. Hopefully it looks better with the full reveal. They set the bar very high with their Vader so I guess we'll see.

I think his head sculpt looks very good. His robe doesn't seem right, whether it be too clean or too tight fitting I'm not sure. Overall I am still interested to see more.

He definitely looks a bit more “real” in the IS version. Less like a puppet.

17cab97fc7fad348e10df915e560876a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first impression is I like it more than not overall. The sculpt looks appropriately non-symmetrical, the shade of green maybe a touch too dark. I love the dagobah base with the translucent water with nod to Red V. My biggest gripe remains the pristine robe. It is clearly tattered in the film but this robe appears tear free. Nice that there are two sculpts and poses. Wish he looked a little more hunched over while holding the cane but probably necessary if you want the closed eye pose.

I guess I would have liked the price to be lower but with the fancy base and switch outs I realistically didn't expect it to be much less. I am probably in on this, I like it overall and want to support the Iron Studios Star Wars line. I hope to see Han as smuggler next.

From Facebook:-

Yoda Legacy Replica 1/4 - Star Wars
Click here and pre-order now:
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/…/star-wars-yoda-iron-studios-…/
License: Star Wars
Scale: Legacy Replica 1/4
Features:
- Limited Edition
- Based on movie references provided by LucasFilm
- Made in Polystone
- Hand Painted
- Includes box with accessories (Lightsaber, Holocron, Flashlight and ComLink)
- Includes base with translucent water effect
- Includes insects and animals to place around the base
- Includes two body compositions for Yoda, one with his eyes closed and using the force, other with his eyes open holding the walking stick
Product dimensions: 11,8 in (H) x 15,3 in (W)
Product Weight: 20 Lbs
UPC: 751320773586
MSRP: USD 559,99 (American US Dollars)
Release schedule: Third quarter of 2019

IMG_0837.jpg

IMG_0846.jpg

IMG_0838.jpg

IMG_0845.jpg

IMG_0844.JPG

IMG_0847.JPG

IMG_0839.JPG

IMG_0840.JPG

IMG_0841.JPG

IMG_0842.JPG

IMG_0843.JPG

For a $140 more you can get the Sideshow 1/2 scale.

Which is what I'll be getting.

But given the pricing of 1/4 scale pieces across manufacturers, I'm not shocked at all by the price. Especially given that it's from Iron Studios which are known to be more expensive than the previous 'norm'.

For a $140 more you can get the Sideshow 1/2 scale.

I was thinking the same thing. I wish this was at least 1/3 scale which I think would still display well among 1/4 scale pieces.

Another interesting thing is that Sideshow’s 1/2 scale Yoda appears to have a smaller footprint than this little guy.

I think it does look good though.

Back