Iron Studios 1/4 scale Spiderman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hopefully everyone is successful in getting a good replacement.

My first one had problems, but the second one is fine.

Well, I've had a while to sit on it and think now. And I genuinely believe this is the most disappointing statue I've ever received. The plastics used are like those use in Christmas cracker toys and so they cry,blue in the hand very easily. How they thought this would arrive at anyone's door in one piece is beyond me. Spidey's leg arrived broken on mine, and whilst this appears to be an anomaly for this statue, I've also had all the same issues on QC - hardy anything lines up, paint chips and glue spots, crack plastics and snapped pieces. It's so, so bad and certainly not worth anything like the RRP. Sadly, iron studios have had their lot with me now.

I received the smash request from SS and I got my refund. Quite frankly, Iron Stuidos saved me any hassle in terms of smashing it - it was in such poor condition when it arrived that I pretty much just needed to photograph the thing.

Yeah quality is bad...the design is awesome though but execution not that great...shame the qc didnt do his/her job properly

The statue is definitely breathtaking. Hoping SS can hook me up with a fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Modern Thor went on WL because of leaning issues. That was a simple fix. This is very interesting statue issue. As a whole it is breathtaking. But the flaws and snaps really hurt it. The plastic is one thing, but it seems like there's a possibility mass production hurt it at the last minute as well. I'd say the plastic is just too thin in some places for it to snap off like that in the box like mine did. Then again I've had polystone come snapped like that. I'm curious as to what number ES everyone here got. I got #899 out of 1300. That's pretty high for a first batch. Maybe those last minute Sideshow statues got pushed out on the fly?

But with a chip on my Spidey and no webbing as well as three stairway breaks, man I might just cut my losses and keep the EX Spidey I have coming in. That is unless I get a crappy paint splatter version of that, lol. First World Problems!

Initially I requested for replacement parts, but I've just emailed SS to request for a full refund. Fingers crossed they accept the refund request!

I wonder who's going to be taking the major loss on this. Iron Studios, Sideshow or if any the end retailer?

Iron Studios. The only thing SS loses is the "time" in dealing with all the returns.

IS may also have a tough time convincing SS to continue to carry their products given all the hassles, which would be a huge blow to them.

IS also had issues with the Iron Man statue. European retailers received their stock with major breakages, and it was delivered through Sideshow. Basically all statues had one of the leg broken off or other parts broken off. I know one of the local shops received like 13 broken Iron Man pieces out of a total of 15 he had.

Overall, I don't trust them as a company. They increased ES on all their statues, produce at high costs but I don't really see the value for the money in most of them and these QC issues on IM and Spidey are a letdown.

Good Morning,

Just reporting in that after heavy thoughts done on this I am going to contact SS today and see if I can cancel/refund this statue. I am way too nervous to risk well over $800 after shipping on something plagued with so many issues. There are many before me waiting for replacement parts … and if I receive one which turns out like more than half the freaks on here I’d be pretty upset/frustrated. If someone has a wait list reservation on this guy let us know when yours converts and arrives ... maybe my fear turns into someone else’s dream come true. With the $615.00 refunded from this I can finish off paying my Sym Spidey, Loki, and Dark Pheonix earlier than expected … so this cancelation will not sting to much I guess :drink

So I'm told to destroy the statue for full refund. Note the defects are some parts not fitting onto the base and tentacles not fitting flush. I'm guessing SS doesn't think it's worth forking out the return postage from Australia ($180 US). Shows the value of this statue.

Unfortunately.

With so many expected to be smashed by those outside the U.S. you would think people could share pics of smashed pieces, rather then smashing all of them.

If only you could share some of the parts around to those who need replacements etc. Though I guess that may be useless as most of the problems are common among us.

soooooooo, I'm kind of curious....as people are smashing their pieces...does that make mine even more rare and more valuable?

My pics aren't that pretty. But here's what I got

and no, I didn't put the web in his hand. Forgot.

28972462973_79be615205_z.jpg

28972467683_8c8a794aa5_z.jpg

28972465293_31cca70be1_z.jpg

28972463813_2dda3a0486_z.jpg

Head seam should've been better. The costume texture isn't a new concept, the movies have been doing this for over 10 years now, but it really sets this statue apart from other comic 1/4 Spideys in a good way
29561745336_61557981dc_z.jpg

29595851625_2b0603c633_z.jpg

29561748206_c7f1af534c_z.jpg

the depth on this thing requires a bit more room for display
28972465863_8145c0b24f_z.jpg

29561744476_6d76b4617c_z.jpg

29595846715_d1097ce7fc_z.jpg

29561750766_976748f747_z.jpg

28972469053_0096c7cf05_z.jpg

The seams are my only real issue. It's interesting seeing all the issues here, usually that's my experience with ss (and I've provided enough pics over the past few years to show it) but I'm very much enjoying this statue vs the fact I barely order ss anymore partly based on my experience with them.

Otherwise, the Sideshow Comiquette holds a special place in my heart...its comparatively simple yet effective, and the pose is classic, it works better from any angle compared to this Spidey's pose which can look awkward at some angles.

But this Spidey has all other 1/4 Spideys beat in terms of presence and details. I really like ss's newer Spidey PF but I like this IS more.

I wonder what IS's license lets them do? This has me wanting more from them. Storm, Black Panther, Gambit, Wolverine, Miles Morales Spider-Man, Iron Man...I hope for comic versions this isn't a one off and we can see other characters with this much creative effort put into them.

Back