Iron Studios 1/4 scale Spiderman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah, making a mountain out of a molehill which isn't really different from the norm on this site.

The statue has been plagued with QC issues. For this to just disappear means it has to be the amount of returns which Sideshow are not gonna deal with. Not sure if this is a good thing for myself as i'm still waiting for mine to leave their office which is worrying now. I have never had to wait this long, but it seems they purposely charged me $917 to ship Kratos on the throne statue which still says pending shipping. I chose to cancel it as $917 for any kind of shipping is just nuts

My final payment is due to charge on the 25th of Sept and ship out. With all the posts and discussion I have been reading on this page I am really nervous about it now. Spider-man is my favorite superhero ... and I have the EX from SS arriving today ... and the sym version next month. The thought of canceling this to avoid risking a damaged one is going through my mind now. I could roll the dice, but having to return this the way everyone says it is a pain to repackage does not sound fun. Ughhh .... confused on what to do. :gah:

My final payment is due to charge on the 25th of Sept and ship out. With all the posts and discussion I have been reading on this page I am really nervous about it now. Spider-man is my favorite superhero ... and I have the EX from SS arriving today ... and the sym version next month. The thought of canceling this to avoid risking a damaged one is going through my mind now. I could roll the dice, but having to return this the way everyone says it is a pain to repackage does not sound fun. Ughhh .... confused on what to do. :gah:

I'd say wait for it. You might be one of the lucky ones to get it with minimal quality issues. But of course it's purely subjective what you define as minimal since every collector has his own standards and expectations. When i opened it the first thing i took out of the box was spidey right away since he is the center piece of this statue. When i found out he had major issues i didn't even bother to assemble the entire thing. I returned it for a full refund right away. Some collectors do it the other way around. They inspect the other parts first, put it all together just to find out their spidey has major flaws so they have to take the entire thing apart and put it back in the box which is a pain. I'd say inspect spidey first and then if the rest of the statues have minimal QC problems that you can live with then i'd keep it. This piece is stunning and if your lucky enough to get it with livable QC issues then this will be a head turner with the rest of your spidey collection.

I'd say wait for it. You might be one of the lucky ones to get it with minimal quality issues. But of course it's purely subjective what you define as minimal since every collector has his own standards and expectations. When i opened it the first thing i took out of the box was spidey right away since he is the center piece of this statue. When i found out he had major issues i didn't even bother to assemble the entire thing. I returned it for a full refund right away. Some collectors do it the other way around. They inspect the other parts first, put it all together just to find out their spidey has major flaws so they have to take the entire thing apart and put it back in the box which is a pain. I'd say inspect spidey first and then if the rest of the statues have minimal QC problems that you can live with then i'd keep it. This piece is stunning and if your lucky enough to get it with livable QC issues then this will be a head turner with the rest of your spidey collection.

What sort of QC issues did you have on Spidey himself?

After also finding out it was to your dislike … how did the return process work for this statue? I have never had to return a piece before. I am not a collector whom is a perfectionist, nor one to look for every small imperfection. I have received a few statues from sideshow that had a few small knicks that were pretty obvious, but I was able to receive 10% back and kept the statues while making minor repairs.

Go to page 104 of this thread if you want to see my QC issues. It's very simple and they are very professional too. Go to Customer Support. Fill up a form for returns/refunds. They will ask you to upload 5pics that are not more than 5MB. They will also ask you to describe the QC problems you have on your statue. They responded quickly. I got my return shipping label in 2 days. You print it out and drop the package at a UPS store. Once the package arrives at their facility they will issue your full refund in 2 days. Piece of cake.

The statue has been plagued with QC issues. For this to just disappear means it has to be the amount of returns which Sideshow are not gonna deal with. Not sure if this is a good thing for myself as i'm still waiting for mine to leave their office which is worrying now. I have never had to wait this long, but it seems they purposely charged me $917 to ship Kratos on the throne statue which still says pending shipping. I chose to cancel it as $917 for any kind of shipping is just nuts
dude the Kratos box is gigantic, have you seen it?

I hate it when a statue come in a dozen of pieces. It feels like LEGO in polystone not statue, I mean what's the point of doing a statue like this?

I hate it when a statue come in a dozen of pieces. It feels like LEGO in polystone not statue, I mean what's the point of doing a statue like this?

It's a complicated piece. With as many issues people are having right now, it would have probably been significantly worse if it came as a single piece...or two.

When i found out he had major issues i didn't even bother to assemble the entire thing. I returned it for a full refund right away.

So if there is an issue with your statue, they don't try to replace the part first? You can get a full refund straight away? Maybe I should have done that with mine with a lot of the parts not fitting onto the base, rather than requesting part replacements.

f6qeoRZ.jpg

So if there is an issue with your statue, they don't try to replace the part first? You can get a full refund straight away? Maybe I should have done that with mine with a lot of the parts not fitting onto the base, rather than requesting part replacements.

You can choose to get the defective parts replaced. But knowing how long it will take for them to do that considering IS is a company from brazil and there were chatters about how SS didn't have any replacement parts I just opted to return it and asked for a full refund. Absolutely yes, you can return it right away if your unhappy with it without waiting for replacements.

Do they also refund the initial postage costs? I'm thinking of asking for a refund now.

As there was no exclusive for this, part of the reason I bought from Popcultcha Australia is if I had to return it, shipping would've been a non issue, and the other was knowing for sure what my end cost would be (though as it turned out it would've been cheaper to order it from Sideshow [but it was close, on the 1st September the customs exchange rate was very close to being below 0.75 @ 0.7515]).

Saw a post on FB where some guy told SS he was very worried about the statue and was wondering if he should just get a refund before it ships and the SS rep told him with all the issues he would suggest he just get a full refund now. So yeah it's waitlisted because of the QC sadly.

Yikes! For any employee of Sideshow to say that! Damn.....

Trust me SS closed off this piece unfortunately it looks like I won't be getting mine as it still says pending on my account. I sent an email to find out what the heck is going on. Should find out by Monday hopefully! If worse comes to worse I will transfer my order to something else. Not having much luck lately with SS jeez

Back