Iron Studios 1/4 scale Spiderman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sooooooooo your basically saying it's no way possible for spiderman to be in this type of scenario because his nuts are too close to being cut by a dangerous object.

I'm just asking don't get mad at me.

I'm not saying its in no way possible.

I'm saying that in statue form, it takes you out of the moment and instead of admiring the coolness of this piece, you're worried about.... well... that. Or some of us are anyways. Mileage varies of course, but its the 1st thing that struck me about this piece. And I'm not even a guy :wink1:

If I'm Spider-Man, I have to imagine I'm not too concerned. After all, they probably take a beating already from all the high-flying superheroing.

I know this is a crazy observation but the pose is almost too dynamic for me. At the same time, there are A LOT of things to like with this. I will be anxious to see some in hand pics.

The actual piece looks really good I'm guessing from what we have seen so far is the finished piece and not the prototype as there have Been two videos up one with the art box included. Everything shows a high standard. The base is the main reason a lot of people are getting this statue. This is a true 1/4 scale Diarama no doubt about it!

There seems to be two camps on this one, I am squarely in the amazing base, dynamic pose and amazing sculpt. It seems to be pulled from a comic book page. Totally unique and I am a huge fan for me it could be contender of the year for best statue. My best friend thinks its to busy and not a fan to each his own.

I dunno. What is the male consensus? I seriously don't know. lol

Haha..I don't know but when I looked at the piece I never went to look at the nutage. LOL. Spidey should just totes wear a cup anyway. I finally pulled the trigger and ordered it..I think it looks pretty awesome. I agree with the person who said everyone went nuts (pun intended) over Magneto Throne last year and Magneto is only a small portion of that statue. But I get why some like a bigger focus on Spidey too.

I think this piece will sell out fast once people get it in hand and see how amazing it is, I not one for pre order but this just may be the piece that gets me too

This just doesn't do much for me. Glad for those that are getting it but I'll be happy with my black suit PF for now.

There seems to be two camps on this one, I am squarely in the amazing base, dynamic pose and amazing sculpt. It seems to be pulled from a comic book page. Totally unique and I am a huge fan for me it could be contender of the year for best statue. My best friend thinks its to busy and not a fan to each his own.

It is something alot of us have been waiting for. From the early time of the old dioramas SSC was putting out at 1:6. The Loki and Thor Ribic dio. Hulk Spidey traffic light dio. Namor Iron Man dio. These were what paved the way of excitability and progress. The Sideshow stuff was excite-able and one of a kind. Along the way, SSC got popular. Boards were created. And along the way, communities started to assemble and get involved.

Fast forward to today, and I can't help but feel like an old SSC guy again. I see Spidey bursting through as only he can. Not sticking to a wall. Not being a single piece of a museum pose. I see Pete overcoming ridiculous odds. Agile and evading multiple enemies. Is there a more brilliant invader than Peter Parker? Have people read his comic for years? To truly appreciate the everyman that the character is?

I will say that having been a part of the statue community all the way back to Gentle Giant that I have also seen a trend.

A competitive opinion trend. This hobby has hit an investment issue. It's political. This piece seems almost like a threat by some. A threat on the resell value of their Spidey piece.

When people complain on this piece it almost feels like they are statue investors and not Spider-Man fans. If a Spidey fan saw this and complained about the base, the large eyes, the fact his balls are "touching metal", the fact it makes their back hurt to see him in that pose... it just is unrelenting to hear from a collector and not a person who buys these products as a fan of comic genre stuff in which Spidey helped to create. Instead we get, for the most part, "Statue critics" and Spidey PF Investors who are terrified of a alpha statue.

Still there are people who wont like this statue based on personal preference. And some of these individuals are the best boardies this place has. Art is subjective. And your preference is a monumental part of the collecting universe.

I guess I just look toward the statue aficionados of the old days moreso than the vocal gen X and millennial investment group we see so often and in greater numbers every day on this board pretnding to hate to protect their investments.

The recent SS Spidey PF doesn't hold a candle to this and I am an owner of the PF. I am not afraid to say it, this iron studios statue if it shows up as excellent as it is in these recent pictures from the con will allow me to sell it off and I could care less because to me this is the perfect representation of Spidey that shows his agility, evading enemies with the objects coming at him from all angles and using his spidey sense as only he can to dodge everything.

It is something alot of us have been waiting for. From the early time of the old dioramas SSC was putting out at 1:6. The Loki and Thor Ribic dio. Hulk Spidey traffic light dio. Namor Iron Man dio. These were what paved the way of excitability and progress. The Sideshow stuff was excite-able and one of a kind. Along the way, SSC got popular. Boards were created. And along the way, communities started to assemble and get involved.

Fast forward to today, and I can't help but feel like an old SSC guy again. I see Spidey bursting through as only he can. Not sticking to a wall. Not being a single piece of a museum pose. I see Pete overcoming ridiculous odds. Agile and evading multiple enemies. Is there a more brilliant invader than Peter Parker? Have people read his comic for years? To truly appreciate the everyman that the character is?

I will say that having been a part of the statue community all the way back to Gentle Giant that I have also seen a trend.

A competitive opinion trend. This hobby has hit an investment issue. It's political. This piece seems almost like a threat by some. A threat on the resell value of their Spidey piece.

When people complain on this piece it almost feels like they are statue investors and not Spider-Man fans. If a Spidey fan saw this and complained about the base, the large eyes, the fact his balls are "touching metal", the fact it makes their back hurt to see him in that pose... it just is unrelenting to hear from a collector and not a person who buys these products as a fan of comic genre stuff in which Spidey helped to create. Instead we get, for the most part, "Statue critics" and Spidey PF Investors who are terrified of a alpha statue.

Still there are people who wont like this statue based on personal preference. And some of these individuals are the best boardies this place has. Art is subjective. And your preference is a monumental part of the collecting universe.

I guess I just look toward the statue aficionados of the old days moreso than the vocal gen X and millennial investment group we see so often and in greater numbers every day on this board pretnding to hate to protect their investments.
lol nerd.

Yes I am huge comic fan, and agree the iron studios statue captures how he operates in the comics. I also agree as sideshow has matured they are taking the safer route with statues. I get it when you need to sell 8750 (2500 ex spiderman, 5000 spiderman, 1250 symbiote spiderman) spiderman statues you want something the mainstream statue collector will like. I do really like the Sideshow PF spiderman. I just think irons studios statue captured spiderman perfectly.

I do not collect for investment perspectives but I guess if I did I would think the iron studios would be the better bet. Total es is 1300 with the bulk being released in Brazil. This will be harder to get but it is also more expensive (37% more expensive).

Statues are a bad investment because tastes change and new statues can cause the value of one you hold to plummet. Get what you want because YOU love it. I will admit it is nice to have a hot statue eveyone wants but does not change my collecting perspective.

All this said buy what YOU want. I personally LOVE this statue to me it is the best Spiderman statue I have seen

I know this is a crazy observation but the pose is almost too dynamic for me. At the same time, there are A LOT of things to like with this. I will be anxious to see some in hand pics.

I agree with this - I'm honestly not sure if this pose is even anatomically possible on a real human. I appreciate the push for dynamic statues but this one just isn't doing it for me. Disappointed because IS's stuff is crazy detailed (their movie statues are amazing) - would've liked to have seen this kind of texturing and detailing on the Spidey PF save for those horrible eyes.

I'm in the camp that this is too busy a piece and spidey is sorta lost in all of it for me. But I love that we are getting so many great choices from SS, IS, Prime1, XM etc such that there seems to be a new release every month to satisfy our diverse taste. Cheers to the manufacturers for the recent offerings :)

This is a masterpiece if you don't buy now your going to be too busy trying to find one. I'm drunk sorry guys. Lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back