Iron Studios - 1:4 movie Winter Soldier

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far Iron Studios has done what no other company can and that's make amazing movie statues. If they keep up what the quality of the Marvel line they can take over the Star Wars market.

I always thought that the hair complaint was just a bit overdone, as in my opinion the hair on many other statues are pretty much the same, and they were never targeted for it.

I think a lot of people just wanted to bag Iron Studios because of the issues people had with their Spidey statue.

Well, no, at least for me re the hair tho I'm a nube. I mean, I had gotten WETA's Eowyn in and was kinda looking over SSC's Wonder Woman and there's a lot of fine stranded detailed hair there. Luv details on figs (like on this WS there's a sculpted ear, and that could have been fudged; and Falcon's eyes could have been fudged too). For me there were a lot of nerves involved - after the Spidey comments and waiting on Falcon and Bucky after POing I wondered if this was one of the more stupid things I'd done, srsly.:horror:(

(I know you can return stuff but what a pain in the _____ and it's depressing).

That said, in hand Bucky's hair is fine by me - IMO really works. Sculpting is more sharply cut than I thought it would be; hair looks kinda "piece-y" and windblown. Just goes to show IMO that the sculptor/artist Caio Fantini https://www.artstation.com/artwork/xvOnO & IS are just - just freakin' amazing, that's all. :thud::thud::thud:

Having these pieces in hand for a bit - one of the best things is that, while I was expecting "reasonably good and not-too-sloppy-paint" at that price point (it's production work, so it can't be all THAT great, right? And I might as well learn to decal, 'coz of the *probable* "rolling eyeballs") -

I wasn't expecting such beautiful clean paint, the details, the sturdy engineering/balance, beautifully sculpted flowing human forms, the textures. I wasn't expecting for WS to have such a beautiful portrait that 1)DOESN'T have that blank stare and 2) seems to subtly shift expression depending on light an viewing angle. Holy *&&^$!:love

There's a thread on SSC's Thanos and discussion on whether that piece is worth the money. Don't know - value IMO is up to the individual. But for me these IS pieces have been worth every bit of angst and dollar I spent. Wow.:clap

PS. Phoenix - gotta thank you again for taking the time to put up the first nice pictures, which went a long way. And besides, seeing WS show up at Pop had me ordering from them - and scoring too. I wouldn't have had Falcon otherwise.:)

I would pay top dollar for a WS 1/4 scale with face mask and attire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would. At this point, I would not give up my CW Bucky (or Falcon) - for me this WS w. a full portrait was a real test (IS passed w. flying colors IMO), since IMO full portraits so often seem to be a weak point for any company. But I'd pay a lot for a TWS Bucky to go with him.

Plus, tho it's a totally different style, I'm not feelin' XM's WS. Just seems like the market is wide open for at least a limited run of an "assassin mode" WS - and IS never seems to do huge editions anyway. If I were at SDCC and IS is there this year, I'd be pestering them about it.

I would. At this point, I would not give up my CW Bucky (or Falcon) - for me this WS w. a full portrait was a real test (IS passed w. flying colors IMO), since IMO full portraits so often seem to be a weak point for any company. But I'd pay a lot for a TWS Bucky to go with him.

Plus, tho it's a totally different style, I'm not feelin' XM's WS. Just seems like the market is wide open for at least a limited run of an "assassin mode" WS - and IS never seems to do huge editions anyway. If I were at SDCC and IS is there this year, I'd be pestering them about it.

Great points I also for the first time don't really like XM Bucky something's off. I know they are going the route of the comic version. I guess they have time to tweak it. IS nailed it in every way. Their Falcon by far deserved to be made it's perfect. Best movie pieces hands down. They need to do more Switch outs with the statues I think.

Great points I also for the first time don't really like XM Bucky something's off. I know they are going the route of the comic version. I guess they have time to tweak it. IS nailed it in every way. Their Falcon by far deserved to be made it's perfect. Best movie pieces hands down. They need to do more Switch outs with the statues I think.

Yeah, for me the XM Bucky is kinda frustrating; looks beautifully done and painted, but I dunno :dunno - for me just doesn't have the impact. But I think IS' Falcon is - well, perfect:clap. Like Bucky all the little design details I think are genius:clap - the boots denting into the metal; the pose, the sculpt and paint. Not sure about switch-outs w. Bucky tho I wouldn't have objected to a hand with a shield, or maybe a clenched fist...but Falcon for sure could've had guns that point forward or maybe an extra display Redwing.

Wouldn't want those comments to sound like complaints tho. Must've been a lot of work to do this diorama:horror and all those extras raise the cost etc. Just hope IS will one day do 1) assassin Bucky; 2) Wanda and BW...and I wouldn't object to a 1/4 Thor!:monkey3

This looks like it turned out quite good, but I still can't decide if I want it or not. Considering the price, I think that means I should skip this piece. I can't afford to spend serious money on something I don't love. I just don't like the base, and I'm not a fan of the pose either. Reminds me of a gorilla tbh. LOL.

I still wish they had done Winter Soldier statues.

This looks like it turned out quite good, but I still can't decide if I want it or not. Considering the price, I think that means I should skip this piece. I can't afford to spend serious money on something I don't love. I just don't like the base, and I'm not a fan of the pose either. Reminds me of a gorilla tbh. LOL.

I still wish they had done Winter Soldier statues.

Well it's sold out now anyway. I believe aftermarket will be your only option. I'm not sure which Guerrilla poses like that lol. You been watching Planet of the Apes lol. The Winter Soldier doesn't match up with the rest of the line. But yeah if they did one on that movie it would be a hit.

My retailer messaged me today saying WS is in stock with the wholesaler. *__* Already paid for him and now I'm just waiting for him to arrive at my retailer and than at my place. Hopefully at the end of next week. :love: Gonna have to take a few hours of comp time to accept the package coz it's gonna be huge and heavy again and I don't want my neighbours to deal with it or worse, it being send to the pick up facility. XD

My retailer messaged me today saying WS is in stock with the wholesaler. *__* Already paid for him and now I'm just waiting for him to arrive at my retailer and than at my place. Hopefully at the end of next week. :love: Gonna have to take a few hours of comp time to accept the package coz it's gonna be huge and heavy again and I don't want my neighbours to deal with it or worse, it being send to the pick up facility. XD

Good Gawd TrashCat - well, if it's any comfort I take hours/days off to accept shipments; bad enough most of the time UPS comes late and never mind thinking about missing the guy and then my statues are being hauled all over even more by an indifferent delivery man.

Hope you like your WS as much as I LOVE mine.

Looks awesome.

Bucky is - or at least the ones I own and there are pics and good comments all over. Falcon and BP too (seeing the BP trailer I'm even happier about BP, love that quick shot of BP crouched in the rocks and the fig IMO kinda evokes that).

Am fairly new collector so just ordering these IS pieces caused some real savage ANGST $$$$$:horror (and a lot of ignoring the voice screaming in my head about the stupidity of it and how I was going to feel repacking and sending back and losing deposits and like that.)

Fast forward and I'll say again you'd have to pry these pieces out of my cold stiff fingers:cool:. Can't even comprehend the AWESOMENESS of finally having Cap with Bucky and Falcon. Iron Studios IMO came through so far many times over better than I was expecting.

If they did an "assassin WS 1/4" I wouldn't be able to get the card out fast enough. I'd probably be so excited I'd be sick LOL.:lol

Thought I would put this up as an FYI....gawd, wish I could go to SDCC. Anyway, I sent IS a quick positive e-mail to IS 'coz I figure most folks only say something when something goes wrong and I am so happy with my IS pieces:love (and waiting on Cap!!!) and got a quick e-mail back:

All the feedbacks and opinions are amazing, thank you. About the Winter Soldier, yes it is an beautifull piece, so great that Sebastian had one in his home, we are very proud of that 😊!

We ll have news at SDCC! I hope you enjoy it

Think it's great Seb had or has one of these:) and REALLY curious about what IS may show at SDCC:panic:. LOL I was also begging them to do a TWS Bucky:drool which would be a grail for me in 1/4 scale, 1/3 - whatever, tho a life size statue for me would get interesting.:lol

Tho maybe at SDCC we will finally hear about an IS SW or BW????:dunno

Nice to see Seb has one too. I always wondered if actors bought their own figures/statues. I know I would. XD

Nice to see Seb has one too. I always wondered if actors bought their own figures/statues. I know I would. XD

I definitely would if I were an actor and someone made a great statue or fig of a character I played. One day it would be a nice memory re a career, and knowing i had done that kind of work.

Lol i bet more than one fan is going to get Seb an SDCC ex Bucky Cap Funko POP. The man might as well add a few more shelves to his place now:lol

Finally got my WS today and damn, what a nice piece! *_* Really really like this one and I'm glad I got him. Thankfully no broken pieces although now that I took some photos I realised that I'll probably need a replacement head as the left eye of mine is kinda painted sloppily. The eyelid line is way too think on the left eye and that kinda makes it look like the right one is hanging. :slap And here I thought I was glad to get a near perfect piece. Already contacted the shop I bought him from and Iron Studios, hopefully one can help and get me a replacement.

Aside from that though he's gorgeous. *_*

DSC_2318-2b.jpg

Finally got my WS today and damn, what a nice piece! *_* Really really like this one and I'm glad I got him. Thankfully no broken pieces although now that I took some photos I realised that I'll probably need a replacement head as the left eye of mine is kinda painted sloppily. The eyelid line is way too think on the left eye and that kinda makes it look like the right one is hanging. :slap And here I thought I was glad to get a near perfect piece. Already contacted the shop I bought him from and Iron Studios, hopefully one can help and get me a replacement.

Aside from that though he's gorgeous. *_*

View attachment 347743

That eye does look a little off. Not a HUGE issue but it is probably good you are inquiring.

Back