Iron Studios - 1:4 movie Winter Soldier

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a long term collector and I'm not calmer. :)

He's in my kitchen and will remain there for a while so I can stare at him a lot. The longer something stays on my counter, the more I love it.

I'm a long term collector and I'm not calmer. :)

This is good to know, for a nube. I mean, I keep seeing the awful pictures of a 1/4 googly-eyed SS Rogue in my head (from another forum), and looking at Bucky. Both 1/4 scale polystone. Good Gawd what a difference.:horror:horror:horror

He's in my kitchen and will remain there for a while so I can stare at him a lot. The longer something stays on my counter, the more I love it.

This is one of the most accurate measures of customer satisfaction I have ever heard of:cool:. (As opposed to the shame of being relegated to the back of a cabinet). For me it was the top of the Hemnes desk unit. There was a lamp there. I moved the lamp for Bucky. He stays.:love

I got mine friday and unfortunately the gun had a small piece broken off. I'll have to get a replacement gun holding hand. But the statue is indeed amazing. Cannot believe how realistic the "fabric" looks on a sculpted piece. It looks friggin' real! Headsculpt is hot toys level. Aside from the gun very happy and can't wait for Cap. Wish I had the space and was more interested in the other characters but now praying that iron studios continues with star wars and makes Luke, Han, and Leia. Well done Iron Studios!

I got mine friday and unfortunately the gun had a small piece broken off. I'll have to get a replacement gun holding hand. But the statue is indeed amazing. Cannot believe how realistic the "fabric" looks on a sculpted piece. It looks friggin' real! Headsculpt is hot toys level. Aside from the gun very happy and can't wait for Cap. Wish I had the space and was more interested in the other characters but now praying that iron studios continues with star wars and makes Luke, Han, and Leia. Well done Iron Studios!

That sux about the rifle *meh*:(. IMO these pieces are strong where plastics? Plastic/resin? was used - but I'm always tense opening a box. Hope it works out for yah!

IMO the sculpts are way beyond HT - well, for Bucky anyway. HT does do some stellar work IMO, great paint, but then they seem to trip:dunno...not saying IS hasn't had a learning curve either IMO:google! Anyway think you're probably good re SW:), IS seemed to be doing a lot with the SW license - the Darth Vader looks off the charts $$$$$.

Where did you order from? I had a broken gun too and Sideshow said they didn't have any replacement parts.

Where did you order from? I had a broken gun too and Sideshow said they didn't have any replacement parts.

Sideshow also but I just got it so haven't contacted them yet. What did they say to you then, send it back? I have heard Iron Studios does an excellent job taking care of this kind of thing. I just assumed replacing a gun wouldn't be a problem.

Sideshow also but I just got it so haven't contacted them yet. What did they say to you then, send it back? I have heard Iron Studios does an excellent job taking care of this kind of thing. I just assumed replacing a gun wouldn't be a problem.

I just got mine the week before this one. I think it was May 1st. My choices were to either return it since they did not have any more spare gun hands or take a $70 credit. They said it was the most they could give me. I was not happy about it and argued with them a little. At first they offered me $55. I said $55 for a $600 statue with one of the four main pieces broken. They should have at least given me $100. I decided I didn't want the hassle of packing it up and sending it back only to have a replacement come with the same or a worse issue. So I took the $70 and used Zap a Gap to fix it. You can't even tell it was broken.

Sorry to hear about the broken gun. If there aren't any replacement parts is it an easy enough fix?

It's definitely a sign of how good this statue is that I also had to keep out on my counter for a few days after I unboxed him. Couldn't stop staring and going over the details. I'm particularly impressed with the neck detail and the texture of the pants. Looks so much like denim.

Sadly now back in his box while I build a custom shelf for the dio.

eb5d44cea88dff3dc33fda4d461f4d49.jpg

Oh , i get mine next week. I hope he survived the long journey to Germany
Ah damn! You getting him directly from SS? :slap Should have done that too but nooo, had to order him locally. *cries* I wanna have him already but June seems so far away. I should probably not look at this thread anymore ... forget the statue exists ...

It was a pretty easy fix, but my gun was broken in three places.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like the damage to yours was more extensive. Mine has one small bar-like piece broken off right above where you would theoretically insert the magazine. The problem is the piece is broken at the 2 contact points and also broken in half. It's a "floating" piece that I fear will be difficult to glue. I'll be contacting sideshow, broken parts are not acceptable on a $640 statue.

I just got mine the week before this one. I think it was May 1st. My choices were to either return it since they did not have any more spare gun hands or take a $70 credit. They said it was the most they could give me. I was not happy about it and argued with them a little. At first they offered me $55. I said $55 for a $600 statue with one of the four main pieces broken. They should have at least given me $100. I decided I didn't want the hassle of packing it up and sending it back only to have a replacement come with the same or a worse issue. So I took the $70 and used Zap a Gap to fix it. You can't even tell it was broken.

Agree that's too low - re SSC seems like they always lowball what's essentially a discount for defective goods:(. Hafta think it was shipping damage assuming SSC really is checking every IS piece they send out. (My WS from SSC did seem like it had been opened re the condition of the tissue wrapping the pieces and other small things.)
And I got 2 perfect pieces from PopCultcha which for me is a heck of a lot farther shipping than SSC.

You could try contacting Iron Studios. If only a few folks are reporting a problem tho, don't know what they will do. But maybe they have some spare parts.

It's definitely a sign of how good this statue is that I also had to keep out on my counter for a few days after I unboxed him. Couldn't stop staring and going over the details. I'm particularly impressed with the neck detail and the texture of the pants. Looks so much like denim.

Sadly now back in his box while I build a custom shelf for the dio.

THIS. For me one of the best things about these pieces is having them for a bit and liking them even more as I have time to appreciate the details. For instance, one of my early nitpicks was thinking the arm should have been true chrome.

Having this piece in hand, and watching how light shifts and changes over the sculpts - I think not. I think a true chrome would have been in-your-face garish and wouldn't have worked with this piece. I really like the paint they did on the metal arm. Smoothly applied and for the most part, at least on my WS, flawless.

Gotta get to work on my display too:horror. It'd be nice to have Falcon, BP, and Bucky in place for Cap.:drool Because one of the things I love about this dio is it's "artistic interpretation" of CW characters/actual scenes.

Cap_bucky.jpg

The Cap dio isn't this scene, but IMO is a nice nod to it as are the "gritty industrial" bases.:love

Joined the waitlist yesterday, but didn't like my chances. So just went and picked up the only one left at Midtown Comics locally. Had to have it!

Thanks for the info. Sounds like the damage to yours was more extensive. Mine has one small bar-like piece broken off right above where you would theoretically insert the magazine. The problem is the piece is broken at the 2 contact points and also broken in half. It's a "floating" piece that I fear will be difficult to glue. I'll be contacting sideshow, broken parts are not acceptable on a $640 statue.

I completely agree. I hope they treat you better than they did me.

Agree that's too low - re SSC seems like they always lowball what's essentially a discount for defective goods:(. Hafta think it was shipping damage assuming SSC really is checking every IS piece they send out. (My WS from SSC did seem like it had been opened re the condition of the tissue wrapping the pieces and other small things.)
And I got 2 perfect pieces from PopCultcha which for me is a heck of a lot farther shipping than SSC.

You could try contacting Iron Studios. If only a few folks are reporting a problem tho, don't know what they will do. But maybe they have some spare parts.

That is a great idea. I will take a look at how to contact them to see if they can offer me a replacement piece.

Thanks

Joined the waitlist yesterday, but didn't like my chances. So just went and picked up the only one left at Midtown Comics locally. Had to have it!

Excellent, congratulations! It is a great piece.

If only I could get myself an alternate head sculpt displaying him with the mask and goggles I would be ecstatic.

Excellent, congratulations! It is a great piece.

If only I could get myself an alternate head sculpt displaying him with the mask and goggles I would be ecstatic.

Thank you, yes it really is an awesome piece. The mask would've definitely taken this to another level.

Back