Iron Studios - 1:4 movie Winter Soldier

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally moved my WS to the destined display spot. He's now looming over me when I'm at my desk. ^^'' I do like that although I might just get him down again so I can stare at him up close a bit more and not risk a stiff neck. :lol

View attachment 348025

Nice pic.

Is that 3 variants for the Winter Soldier movie? You must really love the movie!

And that pic really does seem to show that Cap is overscaled.

Nice pic.

Is that 3 variants for the Winter Soldier movie? You must really love the movie!

And that pic really does seem to show that Cap is overscaled.
Eh ... *cough*

IMG_1043-2.jpg

I got 8 steelbooks for TWS and the amaray so that's 9 copies ... :lol

Regarding the Cap being overscaled, I don't think so tbh. He just looks bigger coz he's standing straight and Buck is more in a crouching position. If he were to stand like Cap, he'd be only a tiny bit smaller and that's due to Buck being a bit shorter than Cap.

Eh ... *cough*

View attachment 348106

Regarding the Cap being overscaled, I don't think so tbh. He just looks bigger coz he's standing straight and Buck is more in a crouching position. If he were to stand like Cap, he'd be only a tiny bit smaller and that's due to Buck being a bit shorter than Cap.

Well damn.........

That's alot of copies.

Eh ... *cough*

Well, I don't get it:wink1::monkey3:lol

wintersoldiers1_6.jpg

*cough* not including the Buckys that are in work:monkey3

Iron_studios_wintersoldier_1_4.jpg

Nothing new here, but...hope Bucky worked on the Hemnes unit for yah as well as I think he does. Awesome collection BTW:clap. Srsly for me WS was only supposed to be there temporarily, but it was just too perfect. Probably would have got 2 WS anyway (after my first was so good), but a Bucky ended up staying on the Hemnes permanently. One day there will be a Cap or other to balance things.:dunno

So in the end they can't send the head from their showroom coz it's the prototype and has more issues. :gah: I'll get a partial refund from the wholeseller though so at least that gives me the funds to pay someone to fix the eye. If I can ever bring myself to pack the head up and ship it away for some time. :( Headless Bucky is depressing to look at ...

I know I'm late to the party, but I just got Winter Soldier today. Very happy with him.

Congrats Ursustn! Looks like a great WS! :) Agree the pair are great on the shelf - I'm getting another Cap in tomorrow to go with Bucky #2. Didn't plan that but the two are too awesome:love and great for a limited space shelf. Fingers crossed no Cap issues.

But figure I can't complain too much, IMO Iron Studios knocked it out of the park with these pieces.:clap

Congrats Ursustn! Looks like a great WS! :) Agree the pair are great on the shelf - I'm getting another Cap in tomorrow to go with Bucky #2. Didn't plan that but the two are too awesome:love and great for a limited space shelf. Fingers crossed no Cap issues.

But figure I can't complain too much, IMO Iron Studios knocked it out of the park with these pieces.:clap
Thanks ! Fingers crossed your second Cap shows up looking good too! Now I want the others LOL! I've got Iron Man ordered , I hope he looks as amazing as he does in videos from Facebook and instagram.

Thanks ! Fingers crossed your second Cap shows up looking good too! Now I want the others LOL! I've got Iron Man ordered , I hope he looks as amazing as he does in videos from Facebook and instagram.

Thank you:)! *Waiting on truck*. LOL that's how I started:lol. It was SUPPOSED to be ONE Winter Soldier. Just the one piece.

Then I HAD to have Falcon (highly recommended!). But then I needed Cap of course. Somewhere in there I saw BP and had to have him too (ended up arriving before anyone else). Then Bucky was in a temporary spot in a workroom but then realized he was perfect there. So needed another WS. No regrets at all $$$$

I think these are the best pieces I may ever own and I love CW. Staring at Bucky and Cap right now and d@mn - just amazing.:love

I'm thinking about IM. They did such a good job with a full sculpt w. Bucky think IM will also be stellar. And I know they are using car paint on IM re gloss and long-term look. Folks seem happy with War Machine so I figure IM will be just as good or better.

Thank you:)! *Waiting on truck*. LOL that's how I started:lol. It was SUPPOSED to be ONE Winter Soldier. Just the one piece.

Then I HAD to have Falcon (highly recommended!). But then I needed Cap of course. Somewhere in there I saw BP and had to have him too (ended up arriving before anyone else). Then Bucky was in a temporary spot in a workroom but then realized he was perfect there. So needed another WS. No regrets at all $$$$

I think these are the best pieces I may ever own and I love CW. Staring at Bucky and Cap right now and d@mn - just amazing.:love

I'm thinking about IM. They did such a good job with a full sculpt w. Bucky think IM will also be stellar. And I know they are using car paint on IM re gloss and long-term look. Folks seem happy with War Machine so I figure IM will be just as good or better.
I started with Hot Toys. I had to have the Civil War line , LOL! Then I had to have the Winter Soldier set with Cap and Steve Rogers. Which got me started looking for a nice statue movie version of Cap , looking on EBay I found the IS version from Age of Ultron. IMO that is the closest most accurate face sculpt next to Hot Toys. When I found the IS Civil War diorama I thought "That's IT!" Lol! Now they have me ! I wasn't worried about getting the WS as far as would he look good but more would he arrive unbroken or with a defect. I can't wait til Iron Man is released, from the best I can translate from IS website he is supposed to have 28 led lights.

I started with Hot Toys. I had to have the Civil War line , LOL! Then I had to have the Winter Soldier set with Cap and Steve Rogers. Which got me started looking for a nice statue movie version of Cap , looking on EBay I found the IS version from Age of Ultron. IMO that is the closest most accurate face sculpt next to Hot Toys. When I found the IS Civil War diorama I thought "That's IT!" Lol! Now they have me ! I wasn't worried about getting the WS as far as would he look good but more would he arrive unbroken or with a defect. I can't wait til Iron Man is released, from the best I can translate from IS website he is supposed to have 28 led lights.

Doesn't have enough detail but here is a bit of an IS e-mail that I got in March 2017 when I was asking IS some Falcon questions:
Is very important to know that everything pass thru Marvel before released and I can say we never never change the original files, many companies do but we don’t, take a note and check the hulkbuster 1/6 lights we are the only company that did all the spot lights as the movie. So this is why the Marvel Studios feedback is always so important to us, we also always check the actual suit of the characters to bring the same texture to the fans. Is very important for us and this level of details is what we are looking for.

Yes Caio did a great job but actually many many people in our studio work on every single project, so is a team work!

About the rest of the Civil War we should do a movie very soon talking about it, the Iron Man has so many lights, ohh that is a huge amount of leds. They ll announce and show at the video.

The "Caio" is artist Caio Fantini (https://caiofantini.artstation.com/) - amazing sculptor. I do know Bucky's rifle was sculpted by another artist (weapons artist?) LOL I think IS has too short, too small videos on FB and there's a language barrier when you mail IS and sometimes you have to pester them:cool:, but it was obvious they cared about what they were doing.

I started with HTs too for the most part, and 1/6. Geez, for me that was something opening up BP - my first of these - and seeing this velvety black paint in person against the white, and the scale of the piece. It was mind-blowing!

IS Ultron Cap is often considered the best Cap ever produced - but I dunno, I'm incredibly happy with this Cap. And the impact of being able to display with the other pieces. Especially with Cap, Bucky, and Falcon being my fav MCU trio.:cool:

Bucky is such a beautiful badass. I need more Bucky's in my life. Congrats.

He is. I'm glad IS did the character justice IMO. I was scared I'd be doing the return dance and having to comfort myself with my HTs. Especially since SSC apparently has the 1/4 TWS license and didn't even bother to do WS:( and took like, 2 years to get out a TWS Cap....

Someone chromed WS arm. Or gloss-coated it. For me I dunno - maybe IS did the right thing keeping it more subtle. Not sure. But I'm happy w. my WSs as-is - very nice original paint job IMO.

Off Insta:

ws_shiny.jpg

Back