Statue Iron Studios 1/4 Iron Man Civil War

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like the switch out options. It's a nice touch - and helps with the cost.

I don't think I would ever use the Stark head sculpt if I had this piece, but I would definitely use the switch out hands. Open hands all the way! It's an Iron Man thing.

I don't think I would ever use the Stark head sculpt if I had this piece, but I would definitely use the switch out hands. Open hands all the way! It's an Iron Man thing.

Yeah, kudos to IS for doing something different with the hands - but I'd want the open hand too. Heck, it's one of the more sad and chilling things in CW, Tony telling Cap to stay down and getting ready to blast him, at the end. Just iconic for IM.

Great job on the sculpt - poly always seems to be tougher getting a true likeness.:clap

I doubt that the human facesculpt is made out of polystone. Probably some sort of tanslucent resin, plastic etc.

I doubt that the human facesculpt is made out of polystone. Probably some sort of tanslucent resin, plastic etc.

That's true - forgot about the comments re Cap Ultron. I'm good w. it as long as material is "high quality/grade" re getting a more "lifelike" skin tone - at least, the zoomed-in shots of the Cap head looked incredible - looked like natural variations of skin tone. Not that folks usually sit 2 inches from their figs, but if you are going to detail costumes that much, then faces deserve the same or more attention.

But am very impressed w. IS portraits:clap, out of the gate. Human faces seem to be the hardest to get right.

RDJ_compareIS.jpg

Bucky_IS_compare.jpg

Now if IS can stay on top of the QC - no googly eyes/sloppy paint/packing etc.

I'm just scared Cap will drop soon, my bank account would be screaming at me.:horror

Cap_IM.jpg

Yeah, kudos to IS for doing something different with the hands - but I'd want the open hand too. Heck, it's one of the more sad and chilling things in CW, Tony telling Cap to stay down and getting ready to blast him, at the end. Just iconic for IM.

Great job on the sculpt - poly always seems to be tougher getting a true likeness.:clap

Great reference!

So glad they're including the swap out hands. :yess:

Don't like the pose, so it's a pass
Though I like the bruise

Yea I agree, looks like he just tripped over a rock and is about the eat $h!t. That plus the red paint is all wrong. Not even close to the color that was in the movie.

Yea I agree, looks like he just tripped over a rock and is about the eat $h!t.

LOL! That crossed my mind too. :lol

I wish Iron Studios could confirm whether or not there is a support structure inside those rocks. More than likely, there is. If not, they should just get rid of it.

That's the best scaled tony headsculpt out there. Among all figures, statues, etc.

I think it looks way too soft and lacks a lot of detail. I'd say it's the worst of what is out now if you compare it to 1/4 Ht stuff and the CM statue.

I think it looks way too soft and lacks a lot of detail. I'd say it's the worst of what is out now if you compare it to 1/4 Ht stuff and the CM statue.

While I agree that the 1/4 Hot Toys is imo a better likeness, I find that the Iron Studios is again imo closer than the CM statue. Never really liked that sculpt.

I have the Iron Studios Age of Ultron Iron Man and will probably stick with that. This looks good but I'm not loving the pose. I do like the Stark portrait though.

Looks good in that vid. Thanks for the link.

Thank goodness for the 'MUTE' button. :D

Welcome! Yeah, I know. Trying to filter through the CCXP vids - folks from Brazil DON'T owe anyone great product vids, but - *being polite* most of the CCXP vids have been (for me) a chore to get through *meh*. Lots of chatter/noise. Compared to the *generous and meticulous* folks who've put up stuff from NYCC, SDCC, etc. At least, from what I've seen so far. It's tedious looking when you don't speak the language.:(

But at least the vids were a first "real look" at IS stuff, so was glad something got put up - so thanks Brazil!

Back