Statue Iron Studios 1/4 Captain America Civil War

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think it looks better then the AOU one, and i own that one,

base not as good but its part of a diorama so that makes sense

Iron Studios has pics up on FB. 650.00 converted to USD. I will be getting one for sure...

Could be the photos but the head sculpt does not seem to be as spot on as the AOU version they made... BUT the shield is on full display and that makes this the better choice for me.

OMG. THANK YOU:). Tho not sure why I am so happy about spending so much ha-ha. (Could be worse, could be drooling over an XM piece.) The planned May 2017 launch (Lançamento previsto para maio de 2017) is good, gives a bit of a break$$$

take_money.jpg

:thud::yess::clap:

All three Cap team. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Bucky/Cap especially, but Falcon is just too epic w. that wing spread. MINE.

Can't wait to get my hands on all 3 (or should I say all 4) of team Cap.

Though I'll be getting both teams, imo as a set team Cap is more impressive.

And to be honest I can't really say if the AOU headsculpt (which I own) is better or worse. Both are great and leagues ahead of the Sideshow versions.

Regarding Falcon's wings I'm still wondering what they'll be made out of? Polystone or plastic? As I just received their 1:10 version (as a stop gap until I receive the 1:4 version - also got Black Panther and Ant-Man) and even though the base and body is made out of polystone the wings are made out of plastic.

Can't wait to get my hands on all 3 (or should I say all 4) of team Cap.

Though I'll be getting both teams, imo as a set team Cap is more impressive.

And to be honest I can't really say if the AOU headsculpt (which I own) is better or worse. Both are great and leagues ahead of the Sideshow versions.

Regarding Falcon's wings I'm still wondering what they'll be made out of? Polystone or plastic? As I just received their 1:10 version (as a stop gap until I receive the 1:4 version - also got Black Panther and Ant-Man) and even though the base and body is made out of polystone the wings are made out of plastic.

What do you think of 1/10 Falcon? Are the 1/10 Falcon's wings "good" plastic? There's all kinds of plastics/vinyl. I'm thinking 1/4 Falcon's wings, Bucky's rifle, maybe even Antman and Cap's shield are vinyl/plastic re potential problems with fragile thin pieces/shipping or casting an elaborate part in poly. Maybe the head sculpts are some different material like some have said for Ultron Cap?

It looks like quality of the 1/4 seems to be similar to Ultron Cap and IM. Folks seemed real happy most of the time with them, so I was willing to try the CW pieces. A big complaint w. Spidey seemed to be the cheapness of the plastics used. Might have been *impolite* but wish i had been at CCXP to just point-blank ask IS. But IS seemed to hear the complaints and plenty good has been said.

Anyway can't imagine poly wings ~28" across, too brittle and heavy IMO. Just hope wings are "good" plastic.

From images I am not seeing a difference in quality of Cap's face, beyond an expression to go with the pose. Hafta think IS knows the success of the first Cap - I've watched reviews where the reviewer feels it was the best Cap ever done - why change a good thing?

OMG I'm ****ed .... I really am ... I cancelled my preorder for Winter Soldier coz Iron Studios' quality control scares the **** out of me (Spider-Man ...) and then I convinced myself that I wouldn’t spend this much money on statues. That I'd be content with just the Hot Toys. That I'd be fine not owning these .... and now IS comes out with official Cap pics and I am ****ed coz damn I want that one. XD ... great.

Team Cap looks spectacular together. Seriously, absolutely amazing and damn, if only they were 1/6 this would be a no-brainer. But with this size, I got no room for all three ... unless ... I sold an entire shelf of my other figures and even then I'd have to customise it to make it fit their height ... OMG why am I even looking for updates on these? They're my downfall ..

I like it, but I thought the suit was more darker in the film?

Headsculpt appears to spot on from certain angles.

I'm still wondering if these guys will be in the larger AOU scale.

Good thing I don't collect movie-based statues! These look good, but I'll be saving my money on these.

OMG I'm ****ed .... I really am ... I cancelled my preorder for Winter Soldier coz Iron Studios' quality control scares the **** out of me (Spider-Man ...) and then I convinced myself that I wouldn’t spend this much money on statues. That I'd be content with just the Hot Toys. That I'd be fine not owning these .... and now IS comes out with official Cap pics and I am ****ed coz damn I want that one. XD ... great.

Yeah, there is that *potential* QC issue. IS justifiably IMO was called to account over Spidey - heck, it hurt just reading reviews/comments 'coz it's obvious how excited buyers were, and that wasn't a cheap piece. Then there were some accounts of the Ultron Cap's base showing up broken.

Was one of the reasons I didn't want to order:horror. But. Re unboxing vids IS pieces look as well-packed as any other poly I've gotten, and have had a few pieces w. shipping damage etc. IS doesn't seem like it ships any differently than any other company *shrug*. And plenty of pics of stunning IM, Cap, Magneto...I figure if there's a problem, I won't be HAPPY:(, but I'll deal with it...

Team Cap looks spectacular together. Seriously, absolutely amazing and damn, if only they were 1/6 this would be a no-brainer. But with this size, I got no room for all three ... unless ... I sold an entire shelf of my other figures and even then I'd have to customise it to make it fit their height ... OMG why am I even looking for updates on these? They're my downfall ..

Yeah. I mean, that original sketch of the diorama didn't get across IMO how good all this was going to look. Pricey, but d*mn. Just think the concept works so well re the essence of the film/characters. Big, but a compact footprint e.g. doesn't sprawl and uses vertical space. Plus IMO they work separately or together.
I had to have Bucky/Cap at the minimum, but Falcon looks so good. I'd like BP too.:drool

Cap_trioCW.jpg

LOL Antman on Cap's shoulder...:lol

BP_suitdetail_opt.jpg

LOL no furniture or not having the right furniture is going to get in my way of getting these - "Hello, Ikea, Overstock, hardware store, Amazon, and thrift store".:cool:

Damn, I should really stay out of this thread ... XD I wanna preorder Buck again ... and get Cap to go with him coz they look amazing together. Falcon is probably a no-no coz damn, he's just too expensive. *cries*

Damn, I should really stay out of this thread ... XD I wanna preorder Buck again ... and get Cap to go with him coz they look amazing together. Falcon is probably a no-no coz damn, he's just too expensive. *cries*

I hear ya man! I'd like to get Iron Man, but I just know how much better he'll look with Black Panther and Cap on the shelf! :lol
I realize they were on opposite sides in the movie, and this latest set of dios portrays them that way, but they will still look great side by side.

I hear ya man! I'd like to get Iron Man, but I just know how much better he'll look with Black Panther and Cap on the shelf! :lol
I realize they were on opposite sides in the movie, and this latest set of dios portrays them that way, but they will still look great side by side.
They would still look spectacular together! I really feel you can't go wrong no matter which of the 6 you get.

If I can contain myself, I'll wait till BP, WM and Falcon are out to see how their quality is before I make up my mind. Do these usually sell out quickly? I really don't wanna end up missing out on Buck and Cap if they're indeed stunning ... :gah:

They would still look spectacular together! I really feel you can't go wrong no matter which of the 6 you get.

If I can contain myself, I'll wait till BP, WM and Falcon are out to see how their quality is before I make up my mind. Do these usually sell out quickly? I really don't wanna end up missing out on Buck and Cap if they're indeed stunning ... :gah:

A guess only, AOU Cap seemed to go pretty fast but IS didn't make that many ~600? And lots of good reviews. Then collectors are wary after Spidey. Guessing that a lot will depend on Bucky and War Machine quality. Bucky has full portrait, that arm, the clothes e.g. no place to hide bad paint etc. War Machine has light-up feature and complicated armor. So maybe if those two are great re first reviews there won't be much time after first shipments before sell-out.

At least, if Cap is due to arrive in May, we'll know by then if it's worth bothering trying to get him. I hope that means IS is pretty confident re BP, Bucky, WM and Falcon. But I think a fair number of folks want some in-hand reviews before spending that much.

A guess only, AOU Cap seemed to go pretty fast but IS didn't make that many ~600? And lots of good reviews. Then collectors are wary after Spidey. Guessing that a lot will depend on Bucky and War Machine quality. Bucky has full portrait, that arm, the clothes e.g. no place to hide bad paint etc. War Machine has light-up feature and complicated armor. So maybe if those two are great re first reviews there won't be much time after first shipments before sell-out.

At least, if Cap is due to arrive in May, we'll know by then if it's worth bothering trying to get him. I hope that means IS is pretty confident re BP, Bucky, WM and Falcon. But I think a fair number of folks want some in-hand reviews before spending that much.

I expect these to sell out fairly quickly. Maybe a few weeks tops after release - but I can't remember how long their other pieces take. I believe pretty quickly though, if I'm not mistaken.

Back