Statue Iron Studios 1/4 Captain America Civil War

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh. I'd love to do that. I'm just too all over the place with my collection. I once was going to an all-Spider-Man themed collection, but that feel through. :lol I'm all over the place again. I may need to revamp though at this rate.

XXCP 2016 - *awesome pics* from Knowhere Collectibles Store on FB - finally...

https://www.facebook.com/pg/knowherecollectibles/photos/

Big shoutout to these guys from me, because I like seeing comic con shots vs. the "professional" proto shots...:clap:clap:clap

Posting a few resized photos from FB, but looks like jaw-dropping detail on the 1/4 Civil War stuff, plus there's images of the 1/10, SW, Wolverine, looks like everything IS had on display. Much thanx Knowwhere Collectibles! All the YouTube vids seemed to have a lot of folks TALKING about what a good time they had, v.s. product pics.:slap

OMG!!!!:clap

Falcon_awesome_CCXP2016_v2_opt.jpg

Bucky_awesomeCCXP2016_view2_opt.jpg

Bucky_awesomeCCXP2016_view4_opt.jpg

This WILL be MINE.:love

Cap_awesome_CCXP2016_opt.jpg

And this...hope I can swing Falcon too...:bounce

BP_awesome_CCXP2016_opt.jpg

:love Take my money Iron Studios!!!!:cool:

I like that Falcon more and more, but man, these will cost a small fortune to own them all.

So six total?

I like that Falcon more and more, but man, these will cost a small fortune to own them all.

So six total?

Far as I can tell from IS upcoming releases, yep, six total for this diorama. But IMO all of them work as stand-alones re the height IMO being useful for WM, Bucky, BP etc. I mean, I'm always looking for ways to stagger my figs in displays, w. wood blocks or whatever on the shelf.

Yeah, pricey:horror. But was thinking about that, it's in the range of some of Sideshow's more detailed pieces. Looking at higher-res pics, for me decided that it's one of those things where I'll pay more for (hopefully) quality and detail as opposed to having more smaller pieces. Because for me IMO it's a striking, well-thought out and designed display that really captures the feel of the characters in a favorite film. Looking at the IS Ultron Cap and IM reviews/vids really made the decision for me (and if I am not happy w. what I get, back they go...)

But I'm probably only going to go for my favorites Team Cap, just happy Cap and IM aren't even on PO yet.$$$:horror:cool: (BTW tripped over an Art Station link for the artist for Bucky, Falcon, WW, and some other IS pieces:
https://www.artstation.com/artist/caiofantini)

Yeah, the staggered presentation is awesome, but only if you have the room. The completed diorama has a very large footprint.

I wonder how the bases would look if the pieces were mixed. All I need from this collection is Iron Man, Cap, and Black Panther, but not sure how those bases would look as they are displayed together.

Yeah, the staggered presentation is awesome, but only if you have the room. The completed diorama has a very large footprint.

I wonder how the bases would look if the pieces were mixed. All I need from this collection is Iron Man, Cap, and Black Panther, but not sure how those bases would look as they are displayed together.

I actually think it'd be fine because of the use of the "concrete" bases. I mean, if you look carefully at Bucky/Falcon base where they join, while they "go together" if you look at WS base, the stairline and even the "rock pattern" doesn't extend all the way across to Falcon's base. E.g., so it "goes together" but doesn't "have to" if you only have one piece. Like having the Ultron IS Cap and IM displayed together - they don't join.

Bucky_Falcon_IS2_lite.jpg

All the bases are finished all the way around - that's why the more I look at the design, the more clever I think it is. IMO you can display a tight group - or not. I was even thinking of trying to get the Ultron Cap to go w. Falcon/WS before I saw the CW Cap.

True about the footprint - not sure yet for me, but if I have WS/Falcon/Cap (and BP$$$) I may just stagger across a bookcase, up high, more in a staggered line than a wide group. Plus they will be better protected and the taller pieces IMO will look amazing.:drool

Love this setup! Need to see more of Cap before making a decision. Already have Black Panther on order (Sideshow said delivery in January/February timeframe).

I actually think it'd be fine because of the use of the "concrete" bases. I mean, if you look carefully at Bucky/Falcon base where they join, while they "go together" if you look at WS base, the stairline and even the "rock pattern" doesn't extend all the way across to Falcon's base. E.g., so it "goes together" but doesn't "have to" if you only have one piece. Like having the Ultron IS Cap and IM displayed together - they don't join.

View attachment 308673

All the bases are finished all the way around - that's why the more I look at the design, the more clever I think it is. IMO you can display a tight group - or not. I was even thinking of trying to get the Ultron Cap to go w. Falcon/WS before I saw the CW Cap.

True about the footprint - not sure yet for me, but if I have WS/Falcon/Cap (and BP$$$) I may just stagger across a bookcase, up high, more in a staggered line than a wide group. Plus they will be better protected and the taller pieces IMO will look amazing.:drool

Thanks for the feedback brother.... but you were suppose to try and talk me out of it! :lol

I hear, ya. It does look like they will go well together regardless. My poor wallet. :D

Far as I can tell from IS upcoming releases, yep, six total for this diorama. But IMO all of them work as stand-alones re the height IMO being useful for WM, Bucky, BP etc. I mean, I'm always looking for ways to stagger my figs in displays, w. wood blocks or whatever on the shelf.

Yeah, pricey:horror. But was thinking about that, it's in the range of some of Sideshow's more detailed pieces. Looking at higher-res pics, for me decided that it's one of those things where I'll pay more for (hopefully) quality and detail as opposed to having more smaller pieces. Because for me IMO it's a striking, well-thought out and designed display that really captures the feel of the characters in a favorite film. Looking at the IS Ultron Cap and IM reviews/vids really made the decision for me (and if I am not happy w. what I get, back they go...)

But I'm probably only going to go for my favorites Team Cap, just happy Cap and IM aren't even on PO yet.$$$:horror:cool: (BTW tripped over an Art Station link for the artist for Bucky, Falcon, WW, and some other IS pieces:
https://www.artstation.com/artist/caiofantini)

You've definitely thought it out well, and I agree with you on all accounts. While pricey, you're getting the detail and (presumed) quality to follow. And for that, you can't go wrong.

Thanks for the feedback brother.... but you were suppose to try and talk me out of it! :lol

I hear, ya. It does look like they will go well together regardless. My poor wallet. :D

Yeah, and I was even down on these at first LOL:lol. But kept thinking about it like Hydra brainwashing buried in my brain...:google

For some folks including me it's a hefty expense - not whining, just LOL life isn't fair.:cool: Wouldn't blame folks for passing on these for a whole lot of reasons. But for me - I've "researched" as much as I can on IS stuff, and on Polystoned.de there are some amazing high res pics of Spiderman - same complaints about the *plastic* base but even so, the fig itself has incredible paint/pose.

Forgot about this IS store pic, but gives an idea of what figs look like lined up:

civil_war_iron_studios_store.jpg

And another cap from another vid w. my favorites $$$$ - by the time Cap and IM come out, we'll all know if IS outdid themselves and made up for Spidey's issues.:horror (And IS seriously needs to look into non-reflective display cases....:lol)

winter_soldier_iron_studios_cap.jpg

Yeah, and I was even down on these at first LOL:lol. But kept thinking about it like Hydra brainwashing buried in my brain...:google

For some folks including me it's a hefty expense - not whining, just LOL life isn't fair.:cool: Wouldn't blame folks for passing on these for a whole lot of reasons. But for me - I've "researched" as much as I can on IS stuff, and on Polystoned.de there are some amazing high res pics of Spiderman - same complaints about the *plastic* base but even so, the fig itself has incredible paint/pose.

Forgot about this IS store pic, but gives an idea of what figs look like lined up:

View attachment 308886

And another cap from another vid w. my favorites $$$$ - by the time Cap and IM come out, we'll all know if IS outdid themselves and made up for Spidey's issues.:horror (And IS seriously needs to look into non-reflective display cases....:lol)

View attachment 308883

Man, that's going to make for one heck of a display. :lecture

Iron Studios has pics up on FB. 650.00 converted to USD. I will be getting one for sure...

Could be the photos but the head sculpt does not seem to be as spot on as the AOU version they made... BUT the shield is on full display and that makes this the better choice for me.

15403632_1362667367078328_59919842698074640_o.jpg

15380827_1362667363744995_7121895432442695988_n.jpg

15439720_1362667400411658_2114337343064676042_n.jpg

15400373_1362667483744983_3439735361779153309_n.jpg

Money Shot.

15541203_1362669947078070_1310392154327812214_n.jpg

15380721_1362668987078166_4681680022466975447_n.jpg

15420814_1362669060411492_5611372168338143132_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back