Iron Studios 1/2 Scale Battle Damaged Mark XLII

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But I do think they went WAY to heavy on the battle damage. Never looked like that in the movie.

Chris

i tend to agree. I'm also not feeling the pose now that i've had some time to look at it from the new pictures...a more action pose (like the GG 1/4 Iron Patriot we saw at Comic Con) would have been a better pose imo :dunno

This statue would go PERFECT with the Sideshow War Machine.

warmachinephotos2.jpg
How's that? Both are at different scales.

The BD indeed looks a tad overdone. It shouldn't have just random scratches(which look more like patchwork) everywhere.

How's that? Both are at different scales.

The BD indeed looks a tad overdone. It shouldn't have just random scratches(which look more like patchwork) everywhere.

It's not really the scratches that are over done, it's the small black patches everywhere. They are just randomly painted all over the body of the suit for some reason?...like someone went up to him with a black spray can and randomly painted polka dots on him.

Overall it distracts from the piece. The black spots really aren't even necessary. Just the scratches and some dirt in the joints would have been fine.

I like the base though and all the mechanical detail in the suit. Wonder if it lights up?

Chris

Last edited:
meh, doesn't look right to me. should have just made it clean. im much more interested in SSC's clean mark VII 1/2 scale.

I know, I will buy the clear one, why they can't made both version?

Man that pic just proves my point....that's battle damage overkill.

With the way it's applied looks like boardeline military camouflage.

Chris

they should ditch all the black spray paint marks and just leave the deep scratches. That would improve it greatly.

Back