Statue Iron Studios 1/10 Statues 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The effects on Scarlett are pretty good. Overall, the piece is turning out well.

And the bag accessory on Black Cat was a nice touch.

Love the overall look of Wanda but her likeness could be much better. She looks more like Melissandre of GoT ... her face is so flat and something really seems off. :/

Cap looks nice so far though. :3 Can't wait for him to go up for preorder.

You guys think they will go 1/6 for civil war? I wish. But i doubt. THAT would be perfect. For me anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, I am going to guess not, for now, just to avoid being another company doing 1/6 scale (whether poly or vinyl).

yeah, I absolutely dig the detail on that 1/4 scale but for that price, it would have to be perfect which, at least for me, it isn't. :(

I can live with the 1/10's imperfections though as the scale is so small that I probably have to get very close to even see them. So even if the face isn't 100% spot on, I bet it will hardly show when it's on the shelf. :)

Argh! I won't know if the 1/4 scale Bucky is perfect for me - more or less - until that box is open and everything checks out. There's a lot i love about the proto and what I've been able to see in some con pics. IS needs to be on top of its QC this time, tho do hope they are following through w. Spidey replacements.

For 1/10 I think Bucky portrait looks pretty good. Think I see where they were going with Wanda - I like the resin swirls. IS has some great designs.

If only that Thor were 1/4. May be a buy anyhow.

LOL, IS' Civil War 1/4 stuff - most of it - *seems to be* planned to arrive Q1 or Q2 at the latest (tho no word on the 1/4 CW Cap yet). Sort of feels like they will clear the CW stuff in time for possibly? probably? doing stuff for upcoming Spiderman/Thor. You *might* be safe waiting unless you want that specific costume?

Argh! I won't know if the 1/4 scale Bucky is perfect for me - more or less - until that box is open and everything checks out. There's a lot i love about the proto and what I've been able to see in some con pics. IS needs to be on top of its QC this time, tho do hope they are following through w. Spidey replacements.

For 1/10 I think Bucky portrait looks pretty good. Think I see where they were going with Wanda - I like the resin swirls. IS has some great designs.
Well, the 1/4 is nice, don't get me wrong but to me the face is really ... not good enough for that amount of money. :/ Also that damn outfit makes him look even bulkier and yeah ... not a fan. So yeah, if I got the 1/4, I'd probably spend most of my time staring at it and trying to ignore all the things I don't like which is the reason why I decided against it. The 1/10 here, while not being much better or worse than the 1/4 regarding the face, is so small that I'd have to squint to even see it. Haha that and I'm a bit more lenient regarding imperfections for figures that don't cost me 800 €. ^^

Well, the 1/4 is nice, don't get me wrong but to me the face is really ... not good enough for that amount of money. :/ Also that damn outfit makes him look even bulkier and yeah ... not a fan. So yeah, if I got the 1/4, I'd probably spend most of my time staring at it and trying to ignore all the things I don't like which is the reason why I decided against it. The 1/10 here, while not being much better or worse than the 1/4 regarding the face, is so small that I'd have to squint to even see it. Haha that and I'm a bit more lenient regarding imperfections for figures that don't cost me 800 €. ^^

Well, at first I was down on the CW Bucky 1/4 - not so much the face, but wanted more detail in the hair yada yada. But the fig just haunted me, kind of. The expression and "energy". And I friggin' love CW film and Bucky's role - AND loved that Sebastian S. was SO buff - I mean, that's a peeve of mine, unless you are a ninja-martial artist, *tiny* little guys taking down great big guys. I just think CW did everything right w. Bucky re the story - like the costumer saying that Bucky's clothes were pretty much what you'd expect at first - just "found stuff".

Anyway probably like "everyone" love WS look and now CW look and maybe it's some subtle thing? where as Bucky goes through his arc and is more free, his clothes are looser until by the CW end LOL it's like a *&^%$ angel sitting there. In a white tank top.:lol

Here yah tho about tolerating more when not spending so much:horror. Too true. But looking at the whole diorama and my other polys - for me decided I was trying to mentally "force" a sort of HT/real movie feel on pieces designed more as a really terrific artistic interpretation - I mean, it looks like the design was inspired by the Hydra Siberian station - and anyway, ended up feeling/seeing art *duh*:slap. A unique interpretation that will never be done again. My whole mind-set shifted about the 1/4 pieces.:drool

But it's a lot of money for me, so spent a lot of time comparing and looking up pics and vids. LOL *unfortunately* ended up loving what I was seeing from IS in 1/4 scale, even more$$$.:lol:love

And now there are some great 1/10 pieces - not sure I can do it all *sigh*.

Pics of Cap are out! :)

CzQriMAVEAARSzr.jpg

CzQrjT-UUAA8MYJ.jpg

CzQrkA8UQAAoJgA.jpg

CzQrktWVEAA7_3P.jpg

More pics here: https://m.facebook.com/pg/ironstudios/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1359008960777502

It's not a bad likeness of her but it's not a really good one either.... I think they made her face just a bit too full....

I wish that Iron Studios would of went with 1/8 scale, the bigger size would let them get so much more accurate with the faces... 1/10th is a tough scale size to get likeness accuracy, but Iron Studios does do a pretty good job at it... Or better yet could you imagine if these were 1/6 scale statues :drool

Although I imagine the price would jump to the $300's at 1:6 scale... But given how good they are at sculpting likeness they could of been the Hot Toys of statues...

Got a few in the last week or so.

IMG_1884.jpg
(Also got the Vision as well)

Can't wait to get War Machine, Cap, Mark 45, and Winter Soldier.

Pretty much to hold me over until the 1/4's come in.

Nice setup from what I can tell in the background, Phoenix.

Do you have a collection thread?

Back