Iron Sky... Nazis on the moon, to invade earth...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fun!

Im very surprised they allow it to play in Germany!
Isnt any reference to the swastika banned?

Fun!

I'm not sure how accurate this info is but reading your post made me think of this. It's from the trivia section for Valkyrie on IMDB:)

"Germany has strict laws against displaying the swastika, though artistic displays are specifically exempt. Filmmakers usually use incorrect swastikas to avoid causing public outrage. The producer wanted swastikas for authenticity, so the crew posted warnings around the filming locations. Still, a local resident filed an official complaint with the city, who pressed charges against the owners of some filming sites."

Nazis just make a great villain and outer space Nazis somehow is even more appealing then zombie Nazis.

I love the clip with the black astronaut and his cell phone. They are from the moon but their computers and weapons are still from the 50s. :lol

Not sure I like the "camp" direction they took it in. Not that it's a serious premis, but just a little too over the top silly.

Fun!

A kid from my film class is from Germany and he said anything Nazi related is prohibited in his Native country and they are trying to bury that past. Hmmm, seems rather silly to bring this to Berlin. I can't see the older Generations being thrilled about this.

I saw Iron Sky and it wasn't bad. I can't say that it was a good movie but it entertained me more than I expected.

I just watched this movie. It was pretty lame. Entertaining in a way... but I wouldn't want to watch it again.

Visually it looked really good and the effects were cool, but it just did not know what it wanted to be. There was a lot of serious moments, some good humor, then some really off-the-wall goofy-ass humor and stupid plot points. It felt like the movie was having mood swings.

If it played straight with some of the better humor and fun and didn't have a lot of the stupid crap and forced cheesiness it could have actually been a decent movie. Instead it is a bit of a mess.

I just watched this movie. It was pretty lame. Entertaining in a way... but I wouldn't want to watch it again.

Visually it looked really good and the effects were cool, but it just did not know what it wanted to be. There was a lot of serious moments, some good humor, then some really off-the-wall goofy-ass humor and stupid plot points. It felt like the movie was having mood swings.

If it played straight with some of the better humor and fun and didn't have a lot of the stupid crap and forced cheesiness it could have actually been a decent movie. Instead it is a bit of a mess.

Huh... That's funny, I watched this movie yesterday and I feel completely the opposite.

I thought it was great. Sure it was crazy, cheesy and over the top. But it worked! I loved mostof the humor and laughed out loud a couple of times. I thought the story wasn't too bad either, probably as good as it gets with a crazy premise like this movie has.
Overall a fun watch, especially on Blu. For a movie with such a low budget the effects look great. Here and there they seemed a bit outdated but overall a joy to the eye. As was the female lead :D.

Well I did laugh at the jokes (the good and the somewhat absurd ones anyways) and it was entertaining. But it's such a mess that I do not want to watch it again. It liked to jump around between serious, but fun action movie to an unfunny SNL skit, then back again. Too much disparity for me to really enjoy. :monkey1

Back