Statue Iron Patriot Quarter Scale Maquette by Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SS posted some more pictures. I think the lighting makes a big difference on this statue. I just don't care about the Rhodes portrait anyways, so i am going to hold off from cancelling this till i get it in hand before making any decisions on it.

300370_press01_zpsehifglkh.jpg

Sighs... the Rhodes portrait looks more scarier then the cotd line! Don't think the factory workers have ever scene a black man before. I'm one of the people to defend this piece and have it on order I give into the haters and gonna cancel this. Not worth the double rewards!

The problem with the updated SSC pics is they are trying to use idealized lighting. In a normal room with standard room lighting, that shine is going to be non existent. Again, any die hard IP fans should definitely wait and see til in hand of course. But if this guy isn't a must have, I would already be considering cancelling and seeing if you can transfer your NRD. I did this like 6 months ago cuz I just knew they were on a horrible path with IM products. Hopefully, I am wrong and they turn things around with this piece.

This company must have lost it's mind. Come one, if anyone of you were in charge, would you look at those pictures and say "Yes, very good... that looks great. Post that so our customers can see. They will love it". What a joke. They were better off not showing us those pictures as they could probably have kept more pre-orders that way. By the way, I just canceled mine. The only reason I even ordered this is because I missed out on the Mark VI and War Machine statues and thought I would regret that all over again if I missed out on this pair, but these statues just don't have the same appeal or quality... far from it.

It's crazy, you know? We got freaking XM Studios out there doing polls, design contests and asking for feedback from their customers... then actually LISTENING and changing and tweaking things by our suggestions but freaking Sideshow can't be bothered to add the damn rocket to the arm. Like, we ALL asked for it. You'd think that at the very least, they would be like "add the damn rocket to the forearm so they can shut up about it."

Oh well, probably for the best.

RgCijq4.png

I'm glad they are doing the right thing by showing what you'll actually receive before it ships.
Better than opening the box to reveal a turd.

They should follow up by refunding NRDs for anyone who isn't happy with what they see.

First BD T-800 pictures had the same response but alot of people are actually happy with how it turned out.

I'm glad they are doing the right thing by showing what you'll actually receive before it ships.
Better than opening the box to reveal a turd.

They should follow up by refunding NRDs for anyone who isn't happy with what they see.

First BD T-800 pictures had the same response but alot of people are actually happy with how it turned out.

Except what they show in these new pics will still prob look better than what is received.

This company must have lost it's mind. Come one, if anyone of you were in charge, would you look at those pictures and say "Yes, very good... that looks great. Post that so our customers can see. They will love it". What a joke. They were better off not showing us those pictures as they could probably have kept more pre-orders that way. By the way, I just canceled mine. The only reason I even ordered this is because I missed out on the Mark VI and War Machine statues and thought I would regret that all over again if I missed out on this pair, but these statues just don't have the same appeal or quality... far from it.

It's crazy, you know? We got freaking XM Studios out there doing polls, design contests and asking for feedback from their customers... then actually LISTENING and changing and tweaking things by our suggestions but freaking Sideshow can't be bothered to add the damn rocket to the arm. Like, we ALL asked for it. You'd think that at the very least, they would be like "add the damn rocket to the forearm so they can shut up about it."

RgCijq4.png

:goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost:

I know it would be a nightmare handling it, but I think this should be standard operating proceedure anytime they start showing production pieces and people want to cancel.

I know it would be a nightmare handling it, but I think this should be standard operating proceedure anytime they start showing production pieces and people want to cancel.

The secret would be, make actual pieces that come out good enough for people to want to keep them.

RgCijq4.png

Great post, totally agree about XM, their fantastic interactions with the customers asking for our opinion and feedback is probably one of the reasons they got the statue company of the year award over at Statue forum.

I like that they posted those pictures, I hope they continue to do so. It may not be exactly what people wanted to see in this case going by the amount of cancellations, but it is better than having it turn up on your door step when it's too late.

Yeah, on a side, I agree. Better show them ahead of time.
On the other side, I think: someone actually picked up the finished piece, that is clearly quite different from the proto, and said "yes it's good enough, let's ship it out and take some pics".

Back