Statue Iron Patriot Quarter Scale Maquette by Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
also, if people would read better, it says "quarter scale maquette".
And since these days everything quarterscale by Sideshow is called premium format, both are correct.

I believe you are correct! It is a Maquette and Sideshow calls their own Quarter scale PF( think it's a Sideshow trademark )

When I saw maquette , I was really afraid this is gonna be expensive. And was pissed they put this maquette instead PF

Hey guys, I got the S notification last week and as War Machine is one of my favorite characters, and I might have to bite the bullet and sell some SW figs to put the funds together for this bad boy. I have several hot toys IM busts and this would go so well with it. For the guy who doesn't collect every last piece, I figure this would be the place to ask before I proceed.

1. If you pre-order this item through SS, I was reading that you can cancel later if you wish. Is there any fee to do this, or a time limit? Do they notify you when it's in stock and give you the option to say yay or nay?

2. Best that anyone can tell, does it appear there will be a collection of these but just confined to IM3?

3. Is $400 a as great a price as it seems for this piece? 2 ft high and such great detail....I would be deciding between this and some 6" diecast armors, or other IM HT busts. I also read in this thread that GG will be coming out with more....accurate? Their IP bust looked cool at first but the colors are all wrong.

Thanks for any information you can provide, and Merry Xmas.

Machine

Hey guys, I got the S notification last week and as War Machine is one of my favorite characters, and I might have to bite the bullet and sell some SW figs to put the funds together for this bad boy. I have several hot toys IM busts and this would go so well with it. For the guy who doesn't collect every last piece, I figure this would be the place to ask before I proceed.

1. If you pre-order this item through SS, I was reading that you can cancel later if you wish. Is there any fee to do this, or a time limit? Do they notify you when it's in stock and give you the option to say yay or nay?

2. Best that anyone can tell, does it appear there will be a collection of these but just confined to IM3?

3. Is $400 a as great a price as it seems for this piece? 2 ft high and such great detail....I would be deciding between this and some 6" diecast armors, or other IM HT busts. I also read in this thread that GG will be coming out with more....accurate? Their IP bust looked cool at first but the colors are all wrong.

Thanks for any information you can provide, and Merry Xmas.

Machine

1. Often there is an NRD for preorders, but this doesn't seem to be the case with this one. I have preordered, and I haven't deposited anything. So it shouldn't cost you anything; were you to cancel the order later.

2. All we know is what it says on the reveal teaser banner. It says "Iron Man 3 Premium Format Collection". Most likely, Sideshow will produce more armors from IM 3, but nothing is for certain. They are known to change their minds/strategy depending on popularity. This doesn't seem to be a risk, though, when it comes to anything-Iron Man.

3. $400 is a great price. It is almost unheard of, with the going rates of prices these days. Obviously, it is due to the competition from Gentle Giant. Keep in mind, this piece is made by Legacy - the guys and girls who do actual props for the movies. For that reason, this is a great piece, for a great price, and with all of the added bonuses when it comes to ordering.

1. Often there is an NRD for preorders, but this doesn't seem to be the case with this one. I have preordered, and I haven't deposited anything. So it shouldn't cost you anything; were you to cancel the order later.

2. All we know is what it says on the reveal teaser banner. It says "Iron Man 3 Premium Format Collection". Most likely, Sideshow will produce more armors from IM 3, but nothing is for certain. They are known to change their minds/strategy depending on popularity. This doesn't seem to be a risk, though, when it comes to anything-Iron Man.

3. $400 is a great price. It is almost unheard of, with the going rates of prices these days. Obviously, it is due to the competition from Gentle Giant. Keep in mind, this piece is made by Legacy - the guys and girls who do actual props for the movies. For that reason, this is a great piece, for a great price, and with all of the added bonuses when it comes to ordering.

it says right on the checkout screen that cancellation fees may apply. looks like those would be more expensive that a NRD.

SSC has great customer service if you talk to them. I've never loss any money canceling orders even ones with a NRD and on flex.
They might not always refund it but they will let you move the money to other orders and if whatever you ordered is delayed a couple times or more they will usally refund your money. At least that is my experience with them.

i just want a mark 7 in 1/4 scale so i wont have to dump 2000 on the LSF hopefully itll come out sooner than later .. at least a teaser or something just to know its coming

Excellent info. I think I'm going to take the plunge as soon as I sell a few more SW figs. Just an outstanding piece.

:panic::panic::panic::panic:

Hmm, local pre-orders are coming in here. Around €380,- shipped meaning $520,-. Ordering from SS would amount to a similar amount, so I guess it isn't bad. Still quite a hunk of cash though.

Back