Statue Iron Patriot Quarter Scale Maquette by Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good... I think you got it right, mainly silver, with blue and red parts, you know, like the generic IP theme. Can't really go wrong :)
Out of curiosity, how will it be attached to the statue? Glue? Peg?

Color match the box to the arm slot and maybe make the missile granite with a red nose tip? I think the matching colors would make the missile seem somewhat cheesy.

Missile should be silver with maybe a hot rod red tip. . Box should be body red in my humble opinion.

My replacement still not as good as some of you guys, and I don't think ss will replace again :(

Very nice. :)

Looking good... I think you got it right, mainly silver, with blue and red parts, you know, like the generic IP theme. Can't really go wrong :)
Out of curiosity, how will it be attached to the statue? Glue? Peg?

Color match the box to the arm slot and maybe make the missile granite with a red nose tip? I think the matching colors would make the missile seem somewhat cheesy.

Missile should be silver with maybe a hot rod red tip. . Box should be body red in my humble opinion.

Thanks guys and some great suggestions :) Thinking to go ahead with color matching the box to the silver forearm and for the missile, a kind of gun metal colour with gold tip or just maybe without the tip might be better. Let's see how it goes...

My replacement still not as good as some of you guys, and I don't think ss will replace again :(

sorry to hear that Ryan :( i know some guys have already recieved body replacements and have even asked Sideshow to personally check them before sending it out....something which should've been in the first place, then maybe a lot more of these statues would've been called back instead of shipping out to customers with poor quality paint apps

Thanks Roberto, I agree with you that hey shouldn't just sent out whatever replacement , and I don't think they even check it before they sent to me, and this is not the first time :(

Didn't that guy have about 5 replacements anyway, not two? It's more likely they will just give you the old message about not having any better examples to swap it with.

I've heard of one person being blacklisted, is that a common practice now? The fact that it happened at all is horrifying really.

Didn't that guy have about 5 replacements anyway, not two? It's more likely they will just give you the old message about not having any better examples to swap it with.

I can only thin of one gunk heard that happening too, and it was after SEVERAL statues that he got replacements for, sometimes multiple I think, but none were ever good enough. Finally, SSC said obviously our products are not for you, and cancelled his upcoming orders with full refunds. I don't know the specific issues with each statue, and I am sure many of the replacements were justified, but after sending say 10 full statues to someone and constantly getting asked for replacements and then refunds.... Well, if I was the business owner I would think twice about dealing with that person as I was out probably $1500-$2000 worth of statues and parts.

I will say the issues shouldn't exist, but as I have said in the XM threads the perfection that some look for isn't often there. Now this IP figure... YEEESSSHHHH. No where near perfection from any pics I have seen.

Kids at my shop really like it neglecting all the paint problem. And after displaying it, some people come and take photos. (It is rare in Hong Kong to have people display statues at a shopping mall, exception is like Hot Toys or one local dealer and they only have a transformer on display)

I can only thin of one gunk heard that happening too, and it was after SEVERAL statues that he got replacements for, sometimes multiple I think, but none were ever good enough. Finally, SSC said obviously our products are not for you, and cancelled his upcoming orders with full refunds. I don't know the specific issues with each statue, and I am sure many of the replacements were justified, but after sending say 10 full statues to someone and constantly getting asked for replacements and then refunds.... Well, if I was the business owner I would think twice about dealing with that person as I was out probably $1500-$2000 worth of statues and parts.

I will say the issues shouldn't exist, but as I have said in the XM threads the perfection that some look for isn't often there. Now this IP figure... YEEESSSHHHH. No where near perfection from any pics I have seen.

Yea, if ONE person is just clogging up too much CS time and is costing the company too much money, cut them off. But it would have to be pretty bad I think.

before and after some changes with photoshop. looks much better with darker skin and eyes.

22085507hm.jpg

22085544gb.jpg

But the rest of the statue (paintjob) is bad too.

Back