Statue Iron Patriot Quarter Scale Maquette by Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow Iron man 3 PF collection: Iron man Mark 42/ Iron Patriot / War Machine

Is Premium Format = Maquette?

If the quality is as good as Iron Man 2 Maquette, I will surely buy it. I hope it's around less than $700 a piece. I am getting poor from this movie.

Re: Sideshow Iron man 3 PF collection: Iron man Mark 42/ Iron Patriot / War Machine

If the quality is as good as Iron Man 2 Maquette, I will surely buy it. I hope it's around less than $700 a piece. I am getting poor from this movie.

Basically, yes. They probably chose to name it PF to be clear about the scale.

Yeah same scale

Look!!!!! It's SS opinion about all we said here!!

funny-avengers-gif-gangnam.gif

Sideshow Iron man 3 PF collection: Iron man Mark 42/ Iron Patriot / War Machine

WOW! Wasn't expecting this at all! :horror As much as I hated the movie (purely based on that stupid Mandarin storyline:slap) I still cant shy away from the fact that its Iron Man and that it has to be an easy PO.

It actually comes as a blessing after being priced out due to all the ridiculously high prices that are floating about for the Iron Studio and XM Studio versions. I still feel that despite the involvement of the Legacy Team in this Iron Man 3 PF project, that the prices will still be more competitive.

Looking forward to news that they will hopefully release a few of the other suits rather than the more common IP, WM and MK42. Lets face it, there is a lot to choose from :wink1:

gyty5yby.jpg

WOW! Wasn't expecting this at all! :horror As much as I hated the movie (purely based on that stupid Mandarin storyline:slap) I still cant shy away from the fact that its Iron Man and that it has to be an easy PO.

It actually comes as a blessing after being priced out due to all the ridiculously high prices that are floating about for the Iron Studio and XM Studio versions. I still feel that despite the involvement of the Legacy Team in this Iron Man 3 PF project, that the prices will still be more competitive.

Looking forward to news that they will hopefully release a few of the other suits rather than the more common IP, WM and MK42. Lets face it, there is a lot to choose from :wink1:

gyty5yby.jpg

I feel the same way very happy with this although it does put me getting the lsf in doubt

I feel the same way very happy with this although it does put me getting the lsf in doubt

Hey Ant...at least you'll have some time to wait for the reveal pics of these PF's before deciding abt the LSF. When you break it down, you have to ask yourself how many of these PF's could you get for the price of the LSF? About 2 or 3 i'd say...so your getting your monies worth if you look at it that way.

I'd really like to hear the the thoughts of those who recently purchased the Iron Studios MK42 and what they think now that Sideshow have announced this new project? With all the recent paint app flaws, I wonder if they'd have cancelled now that Sideshow will be releasing a MK42 aswell? :dunno

Yeah it's a difficult one I do prefer the mkvii but there is a bit of a jump in price could get mk 42 and iron patriot with change left over. Hmmm

I know where your coming from pal. I'd say wait for the Sideshow reveal pics for these PF's and make a final decision then. You might find that the sculpts of the PF's don't appeal to you in which case the LSF is the way to go.

Yeah that sounds like a sound idea space is starting to run out so it will make a difference lol

I'd really like to hear the the thoughts of those who recently purchased the Iron Studios MK42 and what they think now that Sideshow have announced this new project? With all the recent paint app flaws, I wonder if they'd have cancelled now that Sideshow will be releasing a MK42 aswell? :dunno

Love the pose, love the base, love the LED's and the paint is okay on the IS Mk 42 so no second thoughts in my mind. Very very happy with it. Sideshow IM has been known for paint app flaws in a multitude of products, so IS having a few duds in their first release is excusable imo.

Curious why you are taking it so personally when it wasn't directed to you specifically.
I'm the only one I can see with a Predator sig :dunno
It's all good banter my friend but there is a genuine dislike for this movie and the gold armour.
Probably a 50/50 split here.
Cols just giving me a hard time.:)
You love it B :1-1:
Should have made an Avengers 1/4 maquette would have bought that!
:exactly: That should of definitely come before any IM3 1:4 announcement but they know it would affect potential LSF sales.

Love the pose, love the base, love the LED's and the paint is okay on the IS Mk 42 so no second thoughts in my mind. Very very happy with it. Sideshow IM has been known for paint app flaws in a multitude of products, so IS having a few duds in their first release is excusable imo.

Glad yours turned out nice :hi5:

After knowing that they will release Iron Patriot, War Machine, and Mark 42 for Sideshow Premium Format. I want to cancel those 3 for Hot toys version. I want to see how will they look like. Not sure I can support all of them. :(

Yeah that sounds like a sound idea space is starting to run out so it will make a difference lol

Ha! I've heard that problem before! :exactly:

Hey Eric, glad you feel that way buddy. I still love the pose and light up features of the IS version and trust me, if it weren't for the huge price tag then I would've added it to the collection. I just feel that I have to stick with Sideshow on this one :wink1:

After knowing that they will release Iron Patriot, War Machine, and Mark 42 for Sideshow Premium Format. I want to cancel those 3 for Hot toys version. I want to see how will they look like. Not sure I can support all of them. :(

Thing is, like with the Sideshow Iron Man MKVI and War Machine 1/4 maquettes, I hope they make these so that they display great together rather than just individual pieces!

Glad yours turned out nice :hi5:
Thanks! :1-1:
Hey Eric, glad you feel that way buddy. I still love the pose and light up features of the IS version and trust me, if it weren't for the huge price tag then I would've added it to the collection. I just feel that I have to stick with Sideshow on this one :wink1:
Hey Andy, no doubt there's nothing cheap anymore! I'm sure SSC will put out a good product & I intend on getting as many of this line as I can as well. SSC just took forever to announce these compared to other companies, and we all know the dreaded wait we're in for before we have Sideshow products in hand. Mark VI bust anyone? :thud:

Thanks! :1-1:

Hey Andy, no doubt there's nothing cheap anymore! I'm sure SSC will put out a good product & I intend on getting as many of this line as I can as well. SSC just took forever to announce these compared to other companies, and we all know the dreaded wait we're in for before we have Sideshow products in hand. Mark VI bust anyone? :thud:

Ha! Your not wrong about the Sideshow delays :goodpost: I see delays now as a good thing...with so many pieces ordered now and in the future it wouldn't affect me half as much as what it would do if I was just waiting on the one piece. I've got the SSC MKVII 1:1 bust and the MKVI Legendary Scale Bust coming and they've both been delayed since May of this year! I'm really not even thinking about them at the moment :dunno

Still, I think the Iron Studios MK42 will display perfectly with anything that Sideshow have to offer in terms of a WM or IP :exactly:

Back