Iron Man Mark XLII Life Size Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
400253_press01-001.jpg

I was going to buy this but now I'm wondering if I should just wait for the inevitable Mark 42 repaint version from Avengers 2? No way Sideshow is going to pass on making that, right?

iron-man-avengers-2.jpg

I wouldn't even fathom ordering this until there are photos of the production version, and that'll probably be after AoU comes out anyway.

Thanks- looking forward to eventually get this sometime in 2015. I can't believe SSC will hit the announced October or November 2014 release date

No worries buddy :hi5: as for the wait, I wouldn't worry too much as its quite normal when it comes to Sideshow and Iron Man. Look at it like this, by the time the MK42 bust is ready to ship, they will already have announced a new Iron Man 1:1 bust to tempt us once again :exactly: soon enough you'll have a home that resembles the hall of armour :lol

I like the full shoulder look and it will male a nice replacement for the Mark III bust that has been in my office for the last few years.

While I actually like the Mk3 and Mk7 armor designs the best their respective busts don't impress me nearly as much as this Mk42 and I think that's because of the full shoulder look you pointed out.

I'll seriously consider buying this when it comes out, but I don't expect that to be anytime soon especially since the Mk7 has already been pushed back a couple of times.

I gotta say, from spending too much time in the Prime1 Studio's thread and Yoda life-size thread, this seems sorta well priced to me now, guess it's all relative.

This is def my fav IM bust to date, the shoulders add a lot and the colour scheme is nice.

Of course it completely hinges on whether it ends up looking like brushed metal like that, that's the kicker.

I gotta say, from spending too much time in the Prime1 Studio's thread and Yoda life-size thread, this seems sorta well priced to me now, guess it's all relative.

This is def my fav IM bust to date, the shoulders add a lot and the colour scheme is nice.

Of course it completely hinges on whether it ends up looking like brushed metal like that, that's the kicker.

and trust me...that is one rusty looking hinge that Sideshow are using when it comes to Iron Man busts! :lol :lol

What are the chances this really releases on time? I find myself looking at this more and more lately. Assuming there are good pictures from SDCC I may pull the trigger.

Given their history with busts? I'd say the chances of that are hovering around 0%. I don't see any reason to so much as think about this bust until there are pictures of it in the wild, and I wouldn't rush putting money down on it until a finished, shipped product is being reviewed.

What are the chances this really releases on time? I find myself looking at this more and more lately. Assuming there are good pictures from SDCC I may pull the trigger.

Given their history with busts? I'd say the chances of that are hovering around 0%. I don't see any reason to so much as think about this bust until there are pictures of it in the wild, and I wouldn't rush putting money down on it until a finished, shipped product is being reviewed.

:exactly:

No way this is coming out this year. They just put these unrealistic release dates so people can start dropping their hard earned money early. The Mark VII LSB was up for pre-order on May 2012 and STILL hasn't shipped.

Same here. I think this has the potential to be Sideshow's best IM bust yet, but I don't think it will come out anytime this year. I'm betting it will be available right around the time Avengers 2 premieres next year.

It has to be on display at SDCC, right? I certainly hope so because I'm dying to see pics of it.

If it is then it will displayed alongside Iron Patriot LIFESIZE bust just like at the 2012 comic con where they had the MKVII and the War Machine LIFESIZE busts side by side.

7ubu3ere.jpg

I think there is a strong chance of the MK42 and Iron Patriot busts being there this July :pray:

Back