Iron Man Mark XLII Life Size Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It'll be worth $1000 and I would pick one up, but only if it looks like the proto, and I mean just like the proto. I think my money is safe at the moment, and I wouldn't dream of dropping $100 NRD, as if thing thing comes out in August, it's probably going to be August 2015 or 2016. And the faceplate will be upside down...

I've already got the Avengers VII bust paid off...just waiting for it to ship...but after seeing the pics for this one....I can't decide if I want to use that credit towards this MKXLII?! :gah::dunno:thud::impatient:

This is my fav bust to date by some margin, but it will all depend on the final materials, if it has that matte metal look then cool, if it looks plastic then pass.

I'm a big iron man fan and recently took the plunge on the Mk VII LSF. But I'm going to resist pre-ordering for the first time. Agree with many of you that it's unlikely the production piece will look similar, and there's no real incentive to commit $100 for the deposit.

Other minor reasons to hesitate ...
- running out of space
- disliked IM 3 and the Mk XLII in general... I mean that armor fell apart what? 3 times? The Mk VII saved NYC! I've been looking for something to purchase from the IM 3 line...I'm not sure I'm going to find it.

This will be just like all the other IM products and will be hit or miss witht he quality. That said it looks awesome.

Love the pics, but wont order until I see a production piece. Ive learned my lesson with Predator 2 LSB.

This will be just like all the other IM products and will be hit or miss witht he quality. That said it looks awesome.

actually, their WM stuff turned out perfectly, don't know what's up with that. If they slap a ES on this, I prolly won't be able to wait for in hand pics.

I think the size of the ES will play an important factor in how many of these are pre ordered...would this be the first time an first Iron Man bust is set to have a possible ES? :dunno

Could it also be a factor in that the material this bust is supposedly made from to achieve such an accurate metallic effect maybe too costly for SSC to over produce hence a possible low ES?

Shipping pushed back to October

"Expected to ship October 2014"

as expected, but there inability to correctly ship to the original time frame is beyond embarrassing , as we all know the delay cannot be to fine tune the finishing product.

i wasn't this critical when i started collecting but I'm dumfounded with ss

Finally pulled the trigger on this- been undecided for awhile. I like the full shoulder look and it will male a nice replacement for the Mark III bust that has been in my office for the last few years. I didn't like the color scheme the first time I saw IM3, but I like it a lot more after re-watching the movie on blu-ray a few times.

I just don't expect to have it in hand for another year to 18 months, given SSC history of delays with IM busts.

Did the Mark VII life size bust ever get released? Cancelled that one due to all the delays

Finally pulled the trigger on this- been undecided for awhile. I like the full shoulder look and it will male a nice replacement for the Mark III bust that has been in my office for the last few years. I didn't like the color scheme the first time I saw IM3, but I like it a lot more after re-watching the movie on blu-ray a few times.

I just don't expect to have it in hand for another year to 18 months, given SSC history of delays with IM busts.

Did the Mark VII life size bust ever get released? Cancelled that one due to all the delays

Congrats buddy :clap agreed on the full shoulder looking much better than those already released so far by Sideshow. I'm more interested to see what ES they're gonna slap on this! :dunno

Congrats buddy :clap agreed on the full shoulder looking much better than those already released so far by Sideshow. I'm more interested to see what ES they're gonna slap on this! :dunno

Thanks- looking forward to eventually get this sometime in 2015. I can't believe SSC will hit the announced October or November 2014 release date

I hated the move and the 42 but this bust looks awesome. If the material and detail come out like the proto I will definitely buy. It has potential to b a great bust

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Back