Iron Man Mark VI Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was this piece ever a victim to being recast by deceitful sellers? And does the BD and weathering paint app differ on individual pieces in terms of amount and placement?

there are several recasts sometimes made by custom designers....I'm not sure about the quality of it, but it does look very similar to the original one. Search up sideshow mark VI and you should see theres one currently for $400 and some sold for $350-$400

There have been lots of recasts of this one over the years if I remember right. I have seen one in person and the paint app was average. It wasn't sloppy exactly but it just wasn't great...not that all SS pieces have great paint jobs. This recast was very easy to spot due to the bottom being blank. Pretty safe to say that if you see one of these under $800, it isn't genuine.

Agree with crash, every recast I have seen of this it's the base that gives it away. The base is just never done properly or nearly as well.

Agree with crash, every recast I have seen of this it's the base that gives it away. The base is just never done properly or nearly as well.

Let's hope it stays that way, or else it will be tough to spot the difference as the painter get better.

Let's hope it stays that way, or else it will be tough to spot the difference as the painter get better.

They are getting better. The same guy who had the recast maquette had a recast IM Mark III bust and the differences in the paint jobs were night and day. The bust's paint was very sloppy with runs and brush marks. The maquette was clearly done by someone with some skill. Like I said, it wasn't perfect but from a distance of over a foot away, you'd never know the difference. In fact, as I was admiring his stuff from a few feet away, I had no clue the maquette wasn't the real deal. Lesson learned, always have them flip the piece over and show you the bottom if you're looking to buy one.

Today I finally got my hands on this piece (thanks ceetee).

Looks amazing in hand, excellent paintwork and finishing, great pose and superb lighting effects.
Now basically nothing is stopping me from ordering Comic Cap and Green Hulk PF's for a kewl Avengers display. :)

pics:

28r1x75.jpg

1iyb74.jpg

2qkv11f.jpg

12347es.jpg

34hul3t.jpg

I have this in my display case right next to War. with the name plates and all. Such a badass combo of statues.

Now i cant decide if i want the Life size bust of them both lol

Today I finally got my hands on this piece (thanks ceetee).

Looks amazing in hand, excellent paintwork and finishing, great pose and superb lighting effects.
Now basically nothing is stopping me from ordering Comic Cap and Green Hulk PF's for a kewl Avengers display. :)

pics:

28r1x75.jpg

1iyb74.jpg

2qkv11f.jpg

12347es.jpg

34hul3t.jpg

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay?

Back