Iron Man Mark V 1:2 scale Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is an old photo from a production meeting to help some film students. This is a study maquette from iron man 2. They also have a 1/2 war machine and 1/2 iron monger. It was probably going to be produced by Sideshow but got shelved. The raptor on the table is a very limited bronze statue, they also made a rex. That room is Legacy version of what Stan Winston had only a lot smaller. They have a lot of pre production samples floating around.

It will take a lot to surpass the MKIII 1:2 scale maquette so i'm hoping Legacy have something extra special in store for Iron Man 3...however, as it stands the MKIII maquette is still the best piece i have in my collection without doubt :thud:

View attachment 58998

View attachment 58999
I think Legacy wasn't involved with IM3. I may be wrong tho.

is the girl standing next to the green shirt guy real or fake?

Is that a lifesize Kristen Stewart statue to the left?
It's from that scene in Zathura where she gets frozen.

that piece was sold through universal studios at one point I believe. It is faux bronze, and there is a trex around the same size too. I saw both on ebay maybe a couple years ago, but not since then. A rare gem.

I was in that room a few months ago. That is a real bronze, not faux bronze.

I've often wondered why the Destroyer Maquette we got never had the same light up feature of the one Marvel have got?

legacy-effects-as-you-wish-meeting-12.jpg

ba5460fc-46e1-4238-9d55-217878b9d2c4_zps7bb6c06b.jpg

Just finished watching Iron Man 2 as i had some free time :yess: was never a massive fan of the Mark V armour until watching the movie again...Sideshow revealed in a recent Q&A that they would visit armours I through to VII in either of the following scales:

1/4 (maquettes)
1/2 (LSF's)
1/1 (Busts)

The MK V has yet to be released so was wondering if the MKV LSF shown in the pics above is actually going to happen?

More to the point, when are the the rest of these LSF's going to be released???? We've had the MKIII, we saw the MKVII at Comic Con, would love to see that MK42 and that Iron Patriot would look bad a$$ in any collection!!!

equ4uqe2.jpg

seems as though there indeed maybe something to look forward to...:panic: :panic: the MKV LSF maybe coming out to play after all!!! :rock Although is the size correct to be an LSF? Could this infact be a 1/4 maquette?

eda9ysu9.jpg

Last edited:
Back