Premium Format Iron Man Mark 42 1/4 Maquette by Sideshow Collectibles & Legacy Effects

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see how that even came from the same factory as the other pics posted here.

That's exactly what I was thinking. How can the quality control vary so much from piece to piece?

BTW the MKII Maquette has been pushed back from July to sometime in September/October. I was pissed until I saw those pics. Now I'm just generally concerned. Hope they take the extra time to get it right.

I'd be pissed if I was a sculptor or other artist that worked at Sideshow or Legacy, you give them good work designing and painting the prototype, people like the pose and the sculpt of the MK42, then you give it over to the production side and they screw up some, but not all? Very weird. Seems like it would at least be consistently bad or consistently good all the way down the line...

The paint is not very good on mine either. At least, not from extreme closeup view. From regular looking-at-statue-on-shelf view it looks fine. But many super fine black details have similar flaws or look poorly applied. Bummer.

Who did you order with?

The Iron Patriot, just came into stock today at Popcultcha. I wonder how many are going to be returned?

Ordered with SS, it's like a lucky draw to get a decent piece with both Iron Patriot and this one...I just returned IP to Popcultcha lol

Wow, sorry to hear that there were some bad ones out there. It seemed like SSC had finally righted the ship on these IM pieces but I guess we all spoke too soon.

Ordered with SS, it's like a lucky draw to get a decent piece with both Iron Patriot and this one...I just returned IP to Popcultcha lol

Yikes! They probably put it right back into stock..... Given that all the IP are the 'same' there isn't a problem.

I thought that it had come in previously, but wasn't sure. Or maybe a restock. But I guess not.

I received mine and I am quite happy with it!

2015%u0025252520June%u0025252520003.JPG

2015%u0025252520June%u0025252520001.JPG

2015%u0025252520June%u0025252520009.JPG

2015%u0025252520June%u0025252520015.JPG

With Iron Patriot:

2015%u0025252520June%u0025252520004.JPG

This is why I bought them together. They are not perfect but I love them on the shelf together!

2015%u0025252520June%u0025252520006.JPG

This is just a temporary location... need to make room for them behind the glass:

2015%u0025252520June%u0025252520008.JPG

Tried to cancel this statue due to the issues with IP (which I'm getting a refund). SS told me I had to pay cancellation fees etc. and on top of that they gave me some free advice which made me :mad: so I had to reply.

Sigh

SS%20Response.jpg

SS%20Reply.jpg

Good reply. I've had problems with sideshow and have flipped out on them on replys I wonder how many others have aswell. To be honest they don't care as long as enough pieces are selling which I'm guessing are and that's why they're disrispectfull to customers but in a nice way lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tried to cancel this statue due to the issues with IP (which I'm getting a refund). SS told me I had to pay cancellation fees etc. and on top of that they gave me some free advice which made me :mad: so I had to reply.

Sigh

SS%20Response.jpg

SS%20Reply.jpg

Great reply b/c it's completely true. :clap

But, as everyone already knows Sideshow will continue to stay silent and never acknowledge there was a release-wide problem with anything they produce regardless of how terrible it is. They can easily win a little favor back with it's customers by using all the social media platforms they love so much and issue a brief apology, but they're more than happy to pretend it never happened and collect an NRD on the next proto they show you that you'll never get your hands on.

But, as everyone already knows Sideshow will continue to stay silent and never acknowledge there was a release-wide problem with anything they produce regardless of how terrible it is. They can easily win a little favor back with it's customers by using all the social media platforms they love so much and issue a brief apology, but they're more than happy to pretend it never happened and collect an NRD on the next proto they show you that you'll never get your hands on.

Well said mate.

Well said mate.

+1 on that post Eric...:goodpost:

Back