Premium Format Iron Man Mark 42 1/4 Maquette by Sideshow Collectibles & Legacy Effects

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I finally got this guy by trading with fellow freak and all around great guy epitaph04.

First thing is I love the presence of the thing. Such a great pose. This may not be from the best IM film and it may not be the best suit but it is IMO the best IM statue out there and it's all because of the pose and how well sculpted it is. The light up feature is cool. Cooler then I thought it would be.

Are the paint lines perfect? No. But from normal viewing distance he is about perfect. Of course if I take super close ups there are issues.. You would find that with most statues... I just watched an XM Iron Man video and there where some of the same problems... Bu only because the camera got right up on it. In person this thing is great. Only when my face is right up to him and I am looking for issues do I see some problems. IP without question had some issues that you could see even from normal viewing distance so I could see why people were upset. This one is great though. IMO of course. If the lines bother you in close up photo then I can see passing on this. To me it's great. Very happy !

What did you trade for it?

I've wanted this piece myself but have been just to scared to get a really poorly painted one.

What did you trade for it?

I've wanted this piece myself but have been just to scared to get a really poorly painted one.

The Batman EX... He became expendable once I got the Modern Bats. Great trade for me because I love the Modern Bats so much more then grey bats.

Also figured if I traded here I could talk to a member and find out just how bad or good the pain apps were.

However.. Even this one has problems if I take super close up shots.... But from normal distance it looks great.. I would not be surprised if that was the case for the majority.

I have this piece and I think it's good. Pose is great, paint apps aren't amazing but they are ok.

Last edited:
recently picked this up myself

DSC_0343_zpsmzjvipjz.jpg

DSC_03461_zpsyiqib9un.jpg

I have ordered and cancelled this so many times. I still want it, I just keep getting overwhelmed and he finds himself on the chopping block. Maybe someday.

If it is not too much to ask.... does anyone have a picture of this guy with other PFs such as Hulk, Captain America, or any other non Iron Man statues? I looked through this thread and only found one picture of such a instance where a Batman PF was behind this guy and I couldn't get a good judge of the size.

If not a picture, can anyone just confirm that this piece is in scale with other SSC PFs?

I would like to buy this tomorrow, but just need a bit more info. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

I decided to buy this and he looks great with the other PFs! I can understand the complaints with the paint. It just doesn't seem to be up to par with the other PFs I have, but I still really like it. Love the RDJ sculpt with it. Love the pose. Very glad I decided to get it.

PfTdHe1.jpg

You actually love the headsculpt?:horror

You also collect Hot Toys don't you? Now the 1/4 RDJ headsculpt is one to behold.

It's too bad there isn't a current comic book version. Imo it'll suit your new pf collection a little better.

But it's good that your happy with your purchase as there is nothing worse then a regretted purchase.

For the longest time I was thinking of getting the Mark 2, but in the end I just didn't like the pose enough.

But if there is ever a sale on it, I'll get it.

You actually love the headsculpt?:horror

You also collect Hot Toys don't you? Now the 1/4 RDJ headsculpt is one to behold.

It's too bad there isn't a current comic book version. Imo it'll suit your new pf collection a little better.

But it's good that your happy with your purchase as there is nothing worse then a regretted purchase.

Yup, I collect Hot Toys. I was so close to buying the 1/4th Hot Toys Mark 43 Iron Man. That is perfection. Sculpt, paint, the base.... everything is great on it. Probably one of the best 1/4th pieces ever. The more and more I looked at pics of it with SSC PFs.... it just didn't fit right. It was like the vibe was just off. In the end, it just wasn't for me. Plus I have the 1/6th Mark 43.

I think, at this time, this was the best Iron Man piece I could buy to fit my collection. The new XM or the original Iron Man 2 Maquette look really great, but I am just as happy with this. It really is growing on me and the paint has become a non issue unless I am closely inspecting it. Looks just as good as the other PFs when displayed.

I know the headsculpt on this can't compare to the HT, but honestly it looks really good with other comic sculpts from SSC such as Widow, Thor, Cap... I think it fits in real well with the comic PFs that I have. Some of the pics (of the sculpt) really don't do it justice... or they just got a bad one. I'm just glad I really like this piece. I took a leap of faith on it and the Iron Patriot and so far I am glad I did. Hopefully Iron Patriot lives up to this piece.

I also took the plunge from Hot Toys to statues a little over a year ago and since then I've averaged approx 2x 1/4 statues/replicas a month.

My Hot Toys collection has taken a back seat and just doesn't evoke the same feelings as the statues. But there is a hell of alot more headaches.

In regards to the Hot Toys 1/4 Mark 43, it's one of the best pieces that I have, but it does have one major letdown, that being the base. And this is one area where statues excel.

I wish I was like you and could get around SS Mark 42's paint job, but I'm just way too OCD sometimes.

One of these was being customized into a mk 43 color scheme right? Did that guy ever post pics of it on here?

Back