Premium Format Iron Man Mark 42 1/4 Maquette by Sideshow Collectibles & Legacy Effects

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks so much better. I have considered doing this with mine, though have ordered the Iron Studios 43. So not sure if any point.

I picked one of these up recently, just started a quarter scale collection. Speaking of lights blowing out, how often do you guys keep him lit up? I'm assuming these are LEDs which have what...50,000 to 100,000 hours of shelf life? So far I've only been keeping him lit on special occasions where I want to show him off. I'm a little worried of using them everyday with fear something will blowout. The way I see it.. It's either go full blown and enjoy the lights until they stop working..or turn them on occasionally and hope they last the life span of the statue.

I picked one of these up recently, just started a quarter scale collection. Speaking of lights blowing out, how often do you guys keep him lit up? I'm assuming these are LEDs which have what...50,000 to 100,000 hours of shelf life? So far I've only been keeping him lit on special occasions where I want to show him off. I'm a little worried of using them everyday with fear something will blowout. The way I see it.. It's either go full blown and enjoy the lights until they stop working..or turn them on occasionally and hope they last the life span of the statue.

No way do they have 50,000 to 100,000. I am not saying this to disrespect sideshow, but I don't know anything with a functioning light that would support a 50-100 thousand hour shelf life. (Hope that's what you meant). I would say 100-500 Max on an LED functionality in any collectible.

No way do they have 50,000 to 100,000. I am not saying this to disrespect sideshow, but I don't know anything with a functioning light that would support a 50-100 thousand hour shelf life. (Hope that's what you meant). I would say 100-500 Max on an LED functionality in any collectible.

Yeah I'm not even sure, just throwing a random # out based on what I've seen other LED bulbs rated at which is normally 50,000 hours which equals 12hrs a day for 11 years. I have no clue the quality of bulb SS uses. Just curious as to how others experiences are with running the lights and have they ever failed.

Led lightbulb from Panasonic, Phillips etc I buy for my house only give 2 year warranty. Kind of doubtful the led can go for over 10 years.

Led lightbulb from Panasonic, Phillips etc I buy for my house only give 2 year warranty. Kind of doubtful the led can go for over 10 years.

Lol. Right? I don't think I've seen anything led lit with over 1000 hours lifetime.

I have no idea what they use, but none of my Predator masks seem to light up any more and they aren't that old, nor do they get switched on much. My Predator maquette bio doesn't work either, I'm just worried about my Knifehead lightup blowing as it is an important part of the statue on that guy rather than just a gimmick.

Back